Monkey chants at Dutch training

bauhaus

On hearing the disgraceful racist abuse the Dutch black players received at their open training session, UEFA say they will book any player who reacts by walking off, and the refs will have the power to stop the games.

In my eyes that will mean the idiot abusers win, anyone got any ideas on how they shout deal with this, given both the Polish and Ukranian police usually turn a blind eye to the abuse

• Agree 1

Its not so long ago that such things occured in this country only we have a government and police force who take action so no I haven't a clue what can be done short of banning those countries from international competition till they take the necessary action.

Its not so long ago that such things occured in this country only we have a government and police force who take action so no I haven't a clue what can be done short of banning those countries from international competition till they take the necessary action.

Not really....they tip toe around the edge of the problem, huckle off any soft targets and claim they are dealing with it....in truth they do little and we STILL have an issue with it in this country.

We all know there is still issues in this country, but we are probably twenty to thirty years ahead of the old eastern block in dealing with this. John Terry messed that up a bit, and then the FA doubled it by dropping Rio Ferdinand and really put their foot in it when Cahills replacement was announced.

Do you think Martin Kelly is better......not, and Im a Liverpool fan. Why else would they not call him up, and prefer him to a player of similar standing ( in my opinion ) with very dark clouds hanging over him. Maybe its because the Polish and Ukrainian fans think he is a hero, whereas Rio would be a target for the home fans.

Was Rio not part of the best defence in the EPL, whereas Mr Terry is a lose cannon, and a honest pro ( Champs league semi final where the Barca player backed into him, yet wont contest the 3 game ban he received )

Yet he's only been in the England squad once in the past year. Because of injury. When it comes to international football he hasn't been there. Whereas John terry, Gary Cahill, phil jageilka and phil jones have always been there when they were needed.

I don't think rio would be able to play more than 2 games in a week while playing at his full potential so I think for him tournament football is over. If he can still play 30 games for his club next year then FairPlay to him he's a top defender but he's at a stage in his career when he has to decide what he wants to do and unfortunately for him I think he'll have to stick to club football.

As for the perma injured, he wasn't last season but te year before he was and I think that was partly to do with the world cup. He wouldnt be able to play in the euros and play 30 games for man u next season IMO.

Hodgson wouldn't have been able to take jt and rio, it just wouldn't be feasible with the impending court case, so hes left with the dilemma of does he take the one who feels he's been wronged, or the one who's been there for his country throughout the qualifying campaign who is accused of been the wrong do'er?

You can't leave jt out for rio because of innocent to be proven guilty etc. so you can't take rio incase it causes unrest one unhappy player could spread throughout the camp.