FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

COVENTRY GAME

ANYONE CARE TO JOIN ME ?

We have an exclusive invitation for all Season Ticket Holders and Supporters Trust Members to the pre-season friendly against Coventry City on Saturday 21st July, 3pm Kick off.

The package includes:

Main Stand Ticket · Pre-match talk · Entertainment from Nessie pre and post match · Half-time pies, beverages and cupcakes · Post match analysis from an ICT Player · Q&A session with the management and squad · Meet & Greet with the new 2012/2013 squad

Package is priced at just £15 for adults, £10 for concessions & under 12’s paying just £5 each.

For further details or to make a booking, please contact the Club directly on 01463 227454.

• Agree 1

What are the prices for this one?

The prices on the tickets I got with the hospitality package were £10 for the adult and £0 (zero) for the kid, so they are charging just a fiver for the hospitality.

That's main stand, whether they are using the North Stand I don't know.

Why didnt the "powers that be" get together for next Saturday's friendlies. Clach v Hearts (quite interesting)(especially with ICT playing Hearts at least twice in the next season) and ICT v Coventry City (interesting really only for us ICT fans). Could some heads not have got together and had one game early and one a bit later and then the total football fans could have watched both games, encouraged both Inverness teams and more money into both turnstiles. Needed some "joined up thinking" but didnt happen as both ko's are 3pm.

• Agree 4

Why didnt the "powers that be" get together for next Saturday's friendlies. Clach v Hearts (quite interesting)(especially with ICT playing Hearts at least twice in the next season) and ICT v Coventry City (interesting really only for us ICT fans). Could some heads not have got together and had one game early and one a bit later and then the total football fans could have watched both games, encouraged both Inverness teams and more money into both turnstiles. Needed some "joined up thinking" but didnt happen as both ko's are 3pm.

I can sense the Muppets Theme Song may resound on a regular basis this season. What a feckin chance to put on a double header !!

• Agree 1

FYI I phoned the club yesterday and ordered 3 tickets for the hospitality package. The nice lady/girl who took my order mentioned that they had opened up the offer to non season ticket holders. Thought i would mention it for any that may be interested but are not ST holders. :drinking05:

• Agree 1

Article on TB when at Coventry City....must admit I didn't know about the board's attempt to renegotiate his contract when he stopped playing....

http://www.coventry.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=286790

Butcher's time at Highfield Road began, a scarcely believable, 22 years ago when he was lured south from Glasgow Rangers to become the Sky Blues new player-manager after the sacking of John Sillett.

A key part of the England squad that had reached the semi-finals of the World Cup just months before, Butcher was a big name in the game when he arrived at the club and his appointment was designed to take City to the next level after the fizz of the FA Cup triumph had gone rather flat in the league(in relative terms to today of course with City regular finishers in the top-half at that time).

Thrown in at the deep end with a first game against Liverpool, Butcher steadily got to grips with his squad and steered them away from relegation waters with some canny signings such as Stewart Robson and Kenny Sansom.

Into 1991/92 and what was set to be Butcher's first full season in charge started solidly enough with his decision to throw a talented Zimbabwean teenager called Peter Ndlovu into the fray being rewarded with a stunning winning goal against Aston Villa.

That was probably the high point of Butcher's short reign as it became clear he could not carry on as a player and the club tried to renegotiate his contract. A poor run of form around the turn of the year led to his departure and the appointment of assistant manager Don Howe, whose side achieved safety thanks mainly to a series of mind-numbing goalless draws.

Impressed by new signings today against Coventry. Can't read too much into pre season games but they all played their part in a pleasing performance. Like the look of Draper who always seemed to have time to do what HE wanted.

Can fairly hit a ball too!

Enjoyed the game, lots of good stuff on the deck. Thought young Josh Meekings had a great game at the back, only flaw he could have done better for their goal but very promising display all round.

Really good afternoon! Looking forward to the season now. Have to say things looking more organised teamwise already. Glad to hear Raven not too badly hurt either. Thought Coventry were quite a physical team with not much punch up front. Linesman needs to get new glasses tho ? Selective blindness!

Great all round performance with some nice football being played in all areas.

Main points of note for me were.....

1. We looked a lot more confident when defending set pieces and corners and dealt with them well.

2. Lot of big lads in the squad, but they can play with a bit of finesse and we weren't/aren't relying on physical football. Draper in particular...looking at the lad you just get the feeling he wants to welly everything, but beautiful touch on him. Sure they'll be able to handle themselves in the physical games if/when need though.

3. Oswell very composed on the ball. Got a feeling he'll turn out to be a bit of a poacher type and I'd back him to score double figures this coming season.

4. Movement....players finding themselves space and providing options, something we've lacked at TCS for a couple of seasons.

5. No signs of any niggles between players. Encouraging each other even after something didn't quite come off or whatever and none of the bitching that seem common place last season.

6. We used every inch of the part today, spreading balls wide and wide players not getting drawn in. Been a longggg time since we've had a team willing/able to do that, so with any luck we can now take advantage of the size of our pitch.

Was glad to discover that Ravens knock wasn't as bad as it looked when he was stretchered off. Just a small concussion and he was up and about by the end of the game.

Having seen a few pre-season games now I'd say we're in decent shape and should be ready come 4th August.....even better if we can get a couple of the injured guys up to speed.

• Agree 3