FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

St Mirren v ICT

Yngwie

Tale of two feckin halves - we were floundering but so were Midden in the first 45 and it was a game fer the taking. I have to concede that OTJ and Draper looked very solid together and if TB can sort out the wide and forward players to blend in (e.g. Ross) then we ah be on to something.I have to concede that Warren and King looked solid and very promising at the back considering that they were pairing up fer their first game together. If they stay fit then I feel that they could copedwith most SPL attacks.

G.Shinnie was reliable as ever but was forced into a more defensive role. Again my concerns about Tudor Jones and Draper together - at least away from home were relatively unfounded but they did struggle to go forward.

Doran can be better than Heyes and he showed some great touched at times but then he goes missing in action.

Shane - please feckin Butcher realise - is not a wide player but put in a great shift but was COMPLETELY overshadowed by Nicky Ross - as Cilla would say surprise feckin surprise.

Andy Shinnie simply has to be played in a more attacking role and that will be hopefully tried out at home against Killie.

McKay put in a tremendous shift and took his goal really well - if only we had a Craig Brewster fer him to feed off.

So that was encouraging and the only suggestions that I have to make are to stick Meekings in at rite back and initially play Foran wide instead of Shane and put Andy Shinnie in the hoe.

• Agree 1

What a privilege is was to be a caley fan today, me my brother and cousin had a great laugh and the atmosphere was the best ever. The team showed the commitment and passion for the cause to come from behind just what you pay your money for!!

• Agree 2

some great football on show today - keeping OTJ and andrew shinnie injury-free this season will be very important in determining where we finish up. gutted to concede that late goal, we'd been on top second half but just couldn't see it out.

really pleased for mackay today, very well taken goal. the imrie-bating was excellent as well!

Having gone a goal behind and given the fact we always start slowly i would have taken a point today and on reflection was probably a fair result.

We definitely started the better, neat passing and some good movement but apart from a tame effort from Shinnie had little to show for our posession and St Mirren grabbed the lead during a good spell for themselves.

Nick Ross was a game changer, as soon as he came on space began to open up for us and he took his goal brilliantly, same goes for Billy, poor lad worked his arse off today but struggled to compete in the air but he made the most of Barron's error and finished his goal well.

My only qualm of the day was bringing on Polworth, given that we were grinding the game out i think it would have been smarter to bring on Oswell. He would have been able to hold the ball up better and keep it in the Saints half but they grabbed their equalizer and were unlucky not to have another as Esson's save from Parkin's effort was top class.

Didnt see the red card but referee showed little hesitation to show it.

Thought all the new players did well. Warren and King looked decent, couple of shaky moments but i think they will gel with time. Raven looked ok but had to be cautious after getting booked. Thought Draper was immense, was all over the shop, made some great tackles and was unlucky not to score.

Shinnie and Doran showed some terrific skill and after his late cameo Nick Ross has surely put himself into consideration for a starting place. Shane coped on the wing but i think Butcher should try him up front together with Billy, reckon they could crack it.

Fans were immense, brilliant atmosphere and even after conceding the equalizer were in full voice till the end and gave the team an ovation. Times like this that unity is important and if everyone carries on the way they were today we will definitely pick up some wins. Looking forward to next week. A pity we didnt win but plenty to build on.

Edited by ajsict92
  • Agree 2

Tell you what, we are going to do no badly at all this year. Both teams played good footie on the deck and after 45 I'd have taken a draw. Noticed that Shane S had about a 100% rate of getting his head to the ball that Esson launched at him, but does that qualify you as a winger? don't know. Some of our new sassenach recruits are going to have to learn what tackles are acceptable in the SPL, but Meekings could show them- he had a couple of crackers when he came on. it was also nice to see Imrie being subject to an attempted decapitation from his own goalie! We did no bad you know. Bring on the Killie.