FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Poll : who do you want in the semi-final?

Yngwie

Who do you want to face in the League Cup semi-final?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to face in the League Cup semi-final?

My logic says Celtic. Its a cup semi-final so any of the three could knock us out on the day, or we could knock out any of the others, but Celtic will bring the biggest crowd so if we are put out then at least we'll get a reasonable payday out of it.

My heart says save Celtic for the final and let them hear the real highland warcry.

Celtic will bring the biggest crowd so if we are put out then at least we'll get a reasonable payday out of it.

I have a recollection that the net gate receipts for both semis are pooled and shared equally amongst the 4 teams, in which case the payday is the same regardless.

• Agree 1

Think you're right Yngwie....financially it makes no difference.

I don't care who we get, the way we're playing right now they could line up all three teams against us at the same time and I'd still fancy our chances....bring it on.

• Agree 1

Don't want Celtic. Hearts are up and down, so have no feeling for them. Could be St Mirren but then, I'd hate to go out in the quarter finals to a team that we should beat. A terrible comedown. So, anyone but Celtic for me.

Ummm....It's the Semi Finals!!!

On current form, right now I'd take anyone. Sadly the games wont be for 3 months so who knows what our form may be like, best draw would be Celtic V Hearts, then us V Midden, with the hope Hearts can produce a shock and thus provide the 'easiest' route to a trophy - but overall I'd say we have the potential on our day to beat all of the teams left!!!

Next question, where would you want the semi to be played? I think the parties involved can agree to have the game away from Hampden. Obviously if it is Celtic there is really no option.

But say we get St Mirren, which would you prefer - a big day out to an empty Hampden, a more atmospheric Tynie or the shorter journey to a packed McDiarmid? If we get Hearts I guess Tannadice might be the alternative.

Hampden but end of January not a good time for any fans to shell out on tickets and travel Perth maybe better but pretty sure its hampden.Tannadice great for me personally but no chance and it is a s**t ground anyway