FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Section E treatment

jamie ictfc

I thought it was laughable when the police started filming. They must think they're dealing with the ICF! It's even more laughable hearing folk defending the police actions! There is no justification for the heavy handedness shown towards the young ones who do their best to generate a bit of atmosphere at the games.

So what if a smoke bomb was thrown at Dingwall. It was completely harmless, and caused no damage. And the 'idiot' on the pitch? Well, equalising with the last kick of the ball against your rivals in the cup might just be reason enough for those actions. Again, no harm done. I don't remember the same condemnations directed at the many hundreds who invaded the pitch a couple of times at Ayr a few years ago.

Edited by davieB
  • Agree 4

I don't think anyone is defending the police actions....certainly not me.  All I am saying is that if you do stuff that is in breach of the law...and it is against the law, whether we like it or not...then you can't then complain when there's repercussions.

The police will have certain procedures they have to follow as a result of the incident...and what was seen last night was that being put into action.

Not nice, not welcome and not something people will want to see on a regular basis.

Best thing to do is take it on the chin, let the police procedures play out (which they have) and, especially if you're the person/s responsible for the smoke bombs, ask yourself if it was really worth it?

You had your bit of fun...time to move on.

The club should be encouraging the small band of supporters who try to make some sort of atmosphere at an otherwise silent ground. These guys support the team home and away and we get treated better at away venues, is this because they actually know how to actually deal with a crowd? What harm was actually caused by the use of a smoke bomb and how often does this actually occur? 

Why dont the prawn sandwich birgade as Mr Keane called them shut up and stick to their hospitality because the police can handle them.

Was at Ibrox last season and our wee group in the corner were warned constantly to sit down and behave - 20 feet away from a stand of 10,000 screaming maddies singing 'their traditional songs' who never sat down once. Didn't expect the polis to arrest an entire stand but when one of the ICT fans protested to a cop at their un-evenhanded treatment, he was taken aside and give a talking to.

Maybe they thought we were from HRM Tax.....

Wow...another newly registered account!!!

just because you have nothing better to do with your life.

That makes no sense, but welcome to the forum anyway.

I can understand people's frustration at being filmed etc and the stewarding that can go, what seems to be, a little too far. But what do people expect at a derby game when the previous one involved smoke bombs?

The reputation certain sections have had in the past has meant that there are really only going to be certain sections watched more closely than others when it comes to big games.

I agree, it would be a lot better from the fans perspective to be allowed to just do what we want to do and self police. But there are, unfortunately, occasions where extra policing is needed.

Simple solution would be to leave the smoke bombs. At the end of the day, how does a smoke bomb support the team in any way, shape, or form? It doesn't. As we can all see, this particular incident has had a knock on event and has don't nothing but stir up a little animosity between fellow fands

What harm was actually caused by the use of a smoke bomb 

Many law abiding fans who had nothing to do with it, were harmed by being inconvenienced by extra security measures and closer monitoring of sections of the crowd. Whoever threw it has harmed the good reputation of ICT fans.

I remember being asked outside the gates at GES specifically if we had flares, I bet whoever threw it also feeling smug if they were asked the same as they didn't lie as it wasn't a flare.

To those so indignant about the extra measures don't get angry at the police/stewards, get angry at the one(s) who were responsible for the "smoke bomb" 

did anyone watch the arbroath celtic game tonight?

every 20 minutes there was a loud bang and at one of them the camera cut accross to the celtic fans after one of the bangs and it was a smoke bomb, they didnt even throw it they kept it in the stand. why dont celtic get the same treatment we get? because theres more of them? the systems fecked.

• Agree 1

Didn't watch it couldn't care less about Celtic!  ICT can do without any so called fans who throw smoke bombs or anything on to the pitch, shouting and singing like last night always welcome!

so why were they asking if you had flares even before the incidents took place? That was a huge inconvenience them asking you that question!

Because the kiddies responsible couldn't help themselves and were bragging about it all over Inverness before the game!!!

• Agree 1

Im going off topic a wee bit but just wanted to say what a great support last night, its pretty obvious that these fans dont turn up for every match, it would be great if they did but if cost is a problem why dont you organize a get together for a few matches throughout the year. 

Im going off topic a wee bit but just wanted to say what a great support last night, its pretty obvious that these fans dont turn up for every match, it would be great if they did but if cost is a problem why dont you organize a get together for a few matches throughout the year. 

again off topic but

12th man? your either rossco or craig thompson. :ponder:

so why were they asking if you had flares even before the incidents took place? That was a huge inconvenience them asking you that question!

Maybe as CaleyD says, they had heard some "whisperings" that there was likely to be something going on, or maybe they were just asking random questions. It was a standard security question, I paid it no mind at the time, and never would have again if it was not for the criminal events that took place. The inference can be taken from your posts that you condone and encourage such acts, do you ?

Now we are getting full bag searches along with close monitoring and videoing. Possibly overkill, but if events give the authorities the excuses, they will take them, if not more.

again off topic but

Was that a wee blonde moment you just had. lol       

again off topic but

Was that a wee blonde moment you just had. lol       

not at all. serious question. :lol:

Some interesting views here. I understand the people questioning the filming and think I can offer my two pence, as my uncle is a copper who regularly patrols Wednesday/Sheff Utd/Rotherham/Barnsley games.

The reason the police were filming (I believe) is obviously due to what happened at Dingwall, however it would only be for training and prep purposes. They film everywhere there could be trouble in the hope there is because it helps them prepare other police for football matches. When I first started watching SWFC we were rarely filmed away and NEVER at home. When we were relegated in 2010 there was a pitch invasion in which a Crystal Palace player was punched. For about the next 10 home games camera were everywhere, then slowly disappeared until just the NW corner was filmed (where the 'hardcore are believed to reside). Now there are almost never cameras.

As for away matches, we are only really filmed at Milwall & when in Wales bizarrely. Then away at Rochdale some idiotic 'youths' pulled hoardings down and threw then at other fans & invaded the pitch. Since then cameras & an increased police presence seem mandatory when we play anywhere.

I honestly despair at the comments of the “voices of reason” on here.  You guys must have been an absolute barrel of laughs in your youth.

The smoke bomb (not a flare) was completely harmless and added a bit of colour to proceedings at Dingwall.  I can assure you we got up to a lot worse back in the good old/bad old days of the eighties and early nineties :wink:

If you’ve ever watched football on the continent you will no doubt have been impressed by the pyrotechnics and general mayhem that goes on inside the stadiums.  Regardless of what clubs and the authorities say it’s instrumental in making football the great spectacle it is.

The Northern Constabulary are using a totally harmless incident to justify over zealous policing of home fans who are probably the most meek and mild support in Scottish football.  Let’s face it they collectively sh!t their pants when the old firm are in town and let them run riot inside and outside the stadium.  The young lads in Section E are quite simply an easy target for them in comparison. 

So endeth the rant....

Old Heads Contre le Foot Moderne.

• Agree 3

I know this won't help, but I just strolled in and got a cup of tea, stood to watch the warm ups and then took my seat just before kick-off. Barely noticed the stewards.

Did notice the large contingent of first aiders by the away dugout though - was that in case Adams had a heart attack if we went 3 up in 20 minutes?