FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Section E treatment

jamie ictfc

So thought i would vent my anger/disappointment regarding the policing/stewarding for the game on Tuesday.

I can understand why the fans were searching going into the match after what happened in Dingwall although i don't approve of the reason i was given when i asked why i was being searched 'you fit the age group we have been told to search'

Anyway, why were the police and Stewards filming/watching Section E for the whole match?

I don't understand why there was numerous police officers and stewards around the section, there wasn't even that many in the whole away end.

I know there was alot of people at that game in Section E that were only there because of how much they enjoyed
County away, but why would they return every week to be treated like this?

The club is always asking for the fans to create an atmosphere, but when we do, we get treated like this?

• Agree 1

Have to agree with Jamie. You'd think there was serious disorder in Dingwall, organised violence or public vandalism. One smoke bomb which delayed kick by all of 2 minutes is hardly a heinous crime, granted that has nothing to do with football but as far as I know there's been nobody arrested or charged with the offence. Last night the 7 police & various stewards were under club orders to eject & warn anyone found to sing a song using the word "gypsy". Surely whoever at the club who advised this knows that "gypsy/tink" jibes have flown back & forth between fans for years upon years. What a GREAT way to encourage fans, come get filmed for no logical reason & be surrounded for 90 minutes while having a laugh supporting your team. Wise up.

One thing Section E and Section G were good at other than creating a good atmosphere at games was playing the victim card

To be honest I blame films like Green Street or Football Factory which only promotes anti social behaviour at the football, it only takes one or two impressionable youngsters like the clowns who threw the smoke bombs or invaded the park to spoil it for the rest

I'm afraid heavy handed stewarding or policing will continue until this sort of behaviour is eradicated

Dougal

For once I agree with Dougal, particularly with his final sentence.

Once people get a reputation, it's very hard to have it eradicated and for people to change their minds. Personally, I thought the majority of times Section E (formally Section G) were chastised, it was uncalled for and heavy handed. There were, however, times that it was necessary and justified.

The smoke bomb at Victoria Park may not have been ANY of the Section E crowd. But with the bad reputation they'd gained, particularly in the Mike Smith era, there is really only going to be one group in the whole stadium that's going to be watched more closely than any other.

Banner for the original fixture - Fantastic idea and appreciated by every single ICT fan (and no doubt the club too)

Smoke bomb for the original fixture - Not so much a good idea, and one that has brought about the 'bad' tag for certain sections of the support, regardless of if it was them

• Agree 1

The question I now ask is why was it the 'regular' faces of section E who were subject to questioning by the police? We are there every week and never cause any hassle! However, at a big game where there are a lot of new faces in the section why is it the regulars who are punished? If we condoned this behaviours we would do it every week, not just against county! This forum is full £@&*>#=#•!

Hahahahaha you have seriously just compared actions in Section E to that of green street? I despair. What sort of behaviour exactly?? Singing the same songs we have for years against our biggest rivals? There's no guarantee whoever through the smoke bomb was in Section E. Ill give yous all credit on this forum, it never ceases to amaze & entertain me.

Like I said before, it's all down to reputation.

A bad rep was given to those in Section G (again, I think most of the time unjustified) but once you have a reputation it's very difficult to shake off.

I don't think anyone on this forum is pinning blame on Section E for the smoke bomb incident. Just trying to provide an answer to the question 'Why Us'

It's the stewards, and in some respects the police, that are continuing to hold the bad reputation against certain sections.

Having said that, there are ones who do themselves no favors in eradicating the reputation when they say things like

This forum is full £@&*>#=#•!

I was not in Section E (I am still in Section G) but I had my bag searched quite thoroughly, both on Saturday and Tuesday evening "just in case I had a smoke bomb" or whatever!  As an oap who has been to virtually every game since ICT came into existence, I try to be helpful to the Stewards and show them that my bag holds only my binos (to see the boys more clearly at the other end of the pitch) my fleece blanket and other items to keep me and my fellow fans a bit warm on a cold footie day.  No bottles no nothing untoward, ever.  A goodie - me.  I wouldnt know what a smoke bomb looked like.  However, it was sad to see Section E being filmed - what about the young persons there - were their parents aware their children were being filmed - isnt there some rule where permission must be granted before filming can take place of persons under a certain age?  I agree smoke bombs should have no place within ICT or any football stadium but ... for example I saw no Police officers trying to film the fans from where the coin was flung and injured one of our fans at Ibrox at the cup game just a few weeks ago.  Who decided that the young people in our Section E were responsible for what happened at Dingwall?  What evidence?  From whom?

• Agree 4

Last night the 7 police & various stewards were under club orders to eject & warn anyone found to sing a song using the word "gypsy". Surely whoever at the club who advised this knows that "gypsy/tink" jibes have flown back & forth between fans for years upon years. What a GREAT way to encourage fans, come get filmed for no logical reason & be surrounded for 90 minutes while having a laugh supporting your team. Wise up.

I know for a fact that no "order" came from the club on the use of any word...the club have neither the power nor the authority to tell the police to do anything and it's very much the other way round.

Am I entitled to a copy of the video?  I've worn out my copy of Green Street   :cry:

As someone who was allocated a seat in Section E by the club, who never usually sits there, and was not around this notorious group in Dingwall, I didn't appreciate being filmed.  But well done those who made noise and got behind the team

• Agree 1

So 'somebody' at an away game throws a smoke bomb and a specific section at home gets targeted for it?

They may not know the individual who threw it, but they do know the area it came from.

One thing I learned at a fairly early age, and that was "if you fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows".

• Agree 2

Sorry Caley D I wasn't aware you were beside anybody when the police spoke to them, some hearing you've got there mate! For a fact , the police advised that they were under those orders (from the club) & agreed that it was such pathetic action to be taken against their own clubs fans.

Staggers me that in the same breath you can bemoan the lack of fans/atmosphere we have or can generate you also support the persecution of any fan that doesn't fit your stereotypes I was searched three times on Saturday and the reason given: your not wearing colours so your suspicious. How I was supposed to have secreted any form of prohibited item about my person in the 30 seconds between the first and second search I'm not sure.

Sorry Caley D I wasn't aware you were beside anybody when the police spoke to them, some hearing you've got there mate! For a fact , the police advised that they were under those orders (from the club) & agreed that it was such pathetic action to be taken against their own clubs fans.

If that's what you were told, then you were lied too.

Jamie you are sounding like Derek Adams now!  It is no use complaining about the Police and Stewards they are just doing their job and as it has been pointed out ICT fans threw smoke bombs at Dingwall so we will be watched more and they are more likely to pay more attention to those standing and singing.  I am in section F and the singing where you were was great last night best we have had for a long time keep it up but its pointless complaining.