FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

If only we could be so lucky........

bdu98196

I read this story yesterday and for research purposes only, actually went to the "club website" linked to in the article after reading this line

"In what league do you win a division and then end up playing the same teams again the following season? There is no meaning to it, in reality."

mmm, ever heard of the SPL Mr Green .... that league where you played the same teams every year and structured it so you could even play the same team at least 4 times a year whilst, by virtue of your duopoly with Celtic, maintaining a stranglehold on both the finances of that league and also its voting power, not to mention finding ways to try and make sure it was difficult for the smaller teams to actually get in .....

there were a couple more belters on the site .....

Source: http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3095-madness-to-snub-gers

There have been a series of meetings, I believe, with various clubs being asked to give a view but I haven’t been asked, although I’m past the point of waiting for invitations as I’m not on anyone’s guest list. Putting me aside I think it is unbelievable that we have a proposal that is now being debated which could come into place for next year. We have no say in it, we have no vote in it – although that’s par for the course for Rangers.

Can you say paranoia ?

If we are genuinely looking at transforming Scottish football then why wouldn’t you include the biggest club? Why wouldn’t you ask what their plans might be, where they could assist with sponsorship or with financial input because this is all about cash? What we have demonstrated – not just to Scottish football but to the world – is that we took this club from the abyss in May, turned it round, transformed its finances; put it in front of the financial world and the institutions in London who have supported it. So if anyone ever wanted evidence of we know what we are doing, we have delivered it, we’ve done it. But don’t talk to us we don’t know what we’re doing!

Do you want your ball back now ?

• Agree 1