6th minute applause for Terry Butcher

ICTJM

less attitude towards the idea more towards the page in general. they havnt a clue, they cause the club more hassle than good. they always seem to come up with these 'fantastic ideas' but never execute them. and their inside sources are fantastic. naaahhhht. also they are far to outspoken for their own for example during pre season, someone went to a game and after it said, ''jason oswell is ****'' after seeing him once. served no purpose what so ever.

why did whoever said it not exucute it instead of expecting someone else to do so?

being in section E also i was intruiged as to who would start it as none of us had anything to do with the organisation of it. i thought maybe some of the family section would do but no, id have hapily joined in if someone did though. we did get it going ourselves in the end though. twice maybe three times i forget.

What hassle have they caused the club?

Pretty much everything you have said could be applied to things said in CTO by posters with different views. Does that make CTO "too outspoken"?

You obviously feel they are a bad thing and it would seem so do for other 'section E lads' but all I can see is fellow (presumably young) fans doing their bit to try and get behind the club.

While they may not do and say everything to your liking at least they are making an effort which is more then can be said for many of our supporters. The last FB status I noticed from them was encouraging people to get behind the team and purchase tickets for the semi final. Truly shocking.

asking the club whether they could do interviews, the club saying no, and them going ahead with it anyway.

as a fans page they should be raising questions not putting over their views, by saying things like ''jason oswells ****'' they are clueless.

its horrendously run. i dont know what they are posting as i unliked them. its easy to say things from behind a keyboard but actually doing something is an all together different thing.

less attitude towards the idea more towards the page in general. they havnt a clue, they cause the club more hassle than good. they always seem to come up with these 'fantastic ideas' but never execute them. and their inside sources are fantastic. naaahhhht. also they are far to outspoken for their own for example during pre season, someone went to a game and after it said, ''jason oswell is ****'' after seeing him once. served no purpose what so ever.

why did whoever said it not exucute it instead of expecting someone else to do so?

being in section E also i was intruiged as to who would start it as none of us had anything to do with the organisation of it. i thought maybe some of the family section would do but no, id have hapily joined in if someone did though. we did get it going ourselves in the end though. twice maybe three times i forget.

What hassle have they caused the club?

Pretty much everything you have said could be applied to things said in CTO by posters with different views. Does that make CTO "too outspoken"?

You obviously feel they are a bad thing and it would seem so do for other 'section E lads' but all I can see is fellow (presumably young) fans doing their bit to try and get behind the club.

While they may not do and say everything to your liking at least they are making an effort which is more then can be said for many of our supporters. The last FB status I noticed from them was encouraging people to get behind the team and purchase tickets for the semi final. Truly shocking.

asking the club whether they could do interviews, the club saying no, and them going ahead with it anyway.

as a fans page they should be raising questions not putting over their views, by saying things like ''jason oswells ****'' they are clueless.

its horrendously run. i dont know what they are posting as i unliked them. its easy to say things from behind a keyboard but actually doing something is an all together different thing.

I'm not going to excuse behaviour that is unacceptable but my understanding was that they were told to stop after the interviews and they did, however if it was as you say then clearly that was not the right thing to do.

As an independent fans page tbh as long as they are not passing themselves off as something they aren't (though I've been told this wasn't always the case) and it's not illegal, libelous etc then surely they can say what they like? You seem to be hung up on one comment that they are entitled to make just like you are entitled to disagree with it. Posters on this site have made ridiculous comments in the past that does't mean that everyone on here is clueless.

Of course it's easy to say things from behind a keyboard but you do see the irony of that comment being made on an internet forum? I've no idea who they are and maybe you do but for all I know they have 4 mods who all started to clap at 6 minutes but no one joined in. Perhaps they aren't confident enough to start if if themselves, but thought it was a good idea? At least they cared enough to come up with the idea, which is more than most.

My point is that they (like you) clearly have a passion for the club which is great, though their case it is misplaced sometimes. While they don't get it right all the time from what I have seen, particularly recently they seem to be on a better track and their heart appears in the right place. Ironically in the past I'm sure that you recall that people in the past have called the section E (formerly G) group a hassle and leveled complaints (rightly or wrongly) in their direction for poor judgement too.

• Agree 1

There's no "one product fits all" with these things...and the great thing about Social Media is you can take it or leave it...if it's not for you, then leave it.

If these guys want to try and organise some kind of mass fan participation, then good on them.  Maybe they were a little naive to think that everyone watched their FB/Twitter and would know about it....but we all live and learn, and in future if they want to do something then they should be sharing it wider (on here, asking the club or Caley Jags Together to get involved in spreading the word etc).

When all is said and done, we're all ICT fans and none of us deliberately does anything we think might do harm or create extra work (I hope) for the club.  This season has all been about "Togetherness" and whilst nobody needs to embrace anything they don't like, at least try and accept that just because something is not for you, does not mean it's not for others.....a bit of "live and let live" I guess.

• Agree 1

im going to start clapping for butcher in 6 minutes time if anybody wants to join in

From now?

Can I ask what relevance the 6th minute has?

Also does it not seem a bit odd that people are arguing about clapping at a football match?  Must just be me.