FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for County.

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

A quick reminder that this is the match ALBA are showing at 1700 on Saturday.

Esson

Raven, Meekings, Warren, Taylor

Jones and Draper

Doran, A.Shinnie, Foran

McKay.

Need to freshen things up formation-wise IMO.  I think the 4-2-3-1 has gone a bit stale and become a bit too predictable.

For that reason it's an attacking 4-3-3 for me -

Esson

Raven Warren Meekings Taylor

A.Shinnie Jones Draper

Doran Foran McKay

Subs - Reguero, Pepper, Ross, Devine, Sutherland, Cooper, Polwarth

• Agree 1

I'd like to see us set up with someone to put pressure on Lawson so he gets little to no time to take the ball off the defence and try and play it to players like Brittain and Vigurs who could do real damage. If we stick with the 4-2-3-1 perhaps having Foran in the middle would be an idea of the three.

Edited by RiG

Esson

----Jones---Foran---Draper----

A. Shinnie------------Doran

------------McKay------------

Similar to what RiG said we need someone to prevent Lawson dictating play in the middle of the park so I'd bring Foran in to null that threat

• Agree 1

Need to freshen things up formation-wise IMO.  I think the 4-2-3-1 has gone a bit stale and become a bit too predictable.

For that reason it's an attacking 4-3-3 for me -

Esson

A.Shinnie Jones Draper

Doran Foran McKay

Subs - Reguero, Pepper, Ross, Devine, Sutherland, Cooper, Polwarth

Agree totally with team and subs from Renrgade's post. If we're honest, these are the only 18 players available for the game, apart from Gibbons and possibly Laing!

Bemused as to why anyone would want to have Shinniesta in such a withdrawn role. We saw against Motherwell how ineffective he is when played in a wide position pulled back from where he normally operates.

I'm not sure about Taylor at LB as I was conviced with his performance last Saturday but then I suppose we dont really have too many other options. Possibly Devine?

Also we must start Foran as it seemed to give the players a boost when he came on on Saturday.

I'm not sure about Taylor at LB as I was conviced with his performance last Saturday but then I suppose we dont really have too many other options. Possibly Devine?

Also we must start Foran as it seemed to give the players a boost when he came on on Saturday.

Way i see it is that we need somenody quick on the left back area to go up against Sproute, Devine as good as he is at c/back aint no left back whereas Taylor has played there and looks a bit quicker, so for me its got to be taylor.

Rest of the team picks itself.

Saturday is going to be close...    2-1  to the feckin ICT heroes.

Could Meekings do a job at left-back?  At least a full-back of some description and from what I've seen, Devine and Warren (who can play anywhere across the defence apparently) is just as good as the regular partnership.

Could Meekings do a job at left-back?  At least a full-back of some description and from what I've seen, Devine and Warren (who can play anywhere across the defence apparently) is just as good as the regular partnership.

My son laughed at me when I suggested just that!

My son laughed at me when I suggested just that!

no wonder, Just That doesnt play for us  :tongueincheek:

While it may look withdrawn in the middle row, my Zdenek Zeman-esque set-up would have him as a far from defensive or withdrawn minded midfielder.

Swap Doran with Shinniesta and rotate McKay and Foran around and I could maybe get on board with that. Zdenek Zemans set ups, while entertaining, usually result in him getting sacked after they get ripped open for several games in a row.