FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

LOYAL ARMY

Here we are again with west of Scotland bigotry running the show. Thank's to being the Proddy Club it seems Rangers are big enough to even steal the manager away from the national team. The Orange baggage that comes with them also means they have corupted the national flag and the word Loyal to the extent that anyone else who uses them are imediatly tarred with the Rangers brush.

My uncle was a Jags man so why cant it be Caley Thistle Army. He once told me Caley were called the Rangers of the north. It wasnt just the blue strips there was also the same arrogence within the Caley support. Not nearly as bad as Rangers but for some reason folk of the Hun mentality seemed to be attracted to Caley.

i dont see why a comprimise cant be met on this chant

y not do what aberdeen do and add in something that is said quietly and quickly between each rendition of loyal army

aberdeen fans sing red and white BARMY ARMY red and white BARMY ARMY

so y not caley jags LOYAL ARMY caley jags LOYAL ARMY

this shows that it is the army loyal to the caley jags if u see what i mean not the army loyal to rangers, britain or the Ulster loyalists

i dont see why a comprimise cant be met on this chant

y not do what aberdeen do and add in something that is said quietly and quickly between each rendition of loyal army

aberdeen fans sing red and white BARMY ARMY red and white BARMY ARMY

so y not caley jags LOYAL ARMY caley jags LOYAL ARMY

this shows that it is the army loyal to the caley jags if u see what i mean not the army loyal to rangers, britain or the Ulster loyalists

Why not Caley Army.  Or is it because there are still people who hate the pre-merger reference.  As far as I can tell, most of the people who were singing it were youngsters anyway.

My uncle was a Jags man so why cant it be Caley Thistle Army.

to be honest, thats overly pedantic. i'm too young to understand (or care) about this caley vs thistle arguement. to me, there is only one team, and thats caley thistle. caley thistle is a bit of a mouthful, which is why some of the songs use the name caley, some use thistle, some even use inverness. just live with it

Atmosphere on Saturday was great, as I've said already.

We must have the most pedantic supporters in the Scotland, not content with trying not to be tagged with Rangers we have to deny any involvement with either one of Caley or Thistle for fear of upsetting anyone. Also within the PC brigade we have those who reckon our fans can be too loud, scare the kids, if you sing you're a casual... etc.... etc...

I don't really sing at games, used to in lower league games when most of the chants then were Caley based. Since that group has dispersed over the last few years (pre-BENI or whatever that annoying guy with the drum decided to call it) the PC brigade has taken over and we seem to have this confused identity of a family club who want a great atmopshere but no loud shouting or swearing, thank you very much...

Is it any wonder attendances are down?? Who would want to go to Caley Park after reading threads like these?!

It is the only chant that gets even the oldies chanting in the Bridge End so from that point of view it is an excellent chant.... and it is a **** of a lot better than "Loyal Army"

It's the only one they know.