FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Torbjorn Agdestein

madsooz

Butcher comments also seem to suggest he might be thinking of going with two up top, with him coming straight into the side.

I'd be surprised if that happened, simply because our pre-season preparations have been with just one upfront, and the results and performances have been more than satisfactory.

If that is what Terry is thinking id rather see Foran go up top, he is a menace aerially for defenders and Tobs isnt match fit yet. Would be unfair to throw him straight in. 

According to Football Manager 2012, Adgestein can also play as a left winger.  Hard to make out by his comments in the Courier as to where he'll be playing.  He talks about how he usually came short as a striker at Brighton, but Butcher wants him to chase balls wide.  Whether that's as a winger, or as a striker pulling wide, is unclear.

Isn't  "TOR"  in England and Wales a mountain or a peak or big mound or something? In Inverness it is one too--   e.g.Torvean? :smile:

I thought it had a similar  meaning as CRAIG in Scotland ...as in Craig Dunain--in this case the word means a hill fort.

Which is exactly what Craig Dunain was a few centuries ago and became the  residence of the King of the Picts  in the days of St. Columba.

In them thar days, of course, the palisade fortifications were made of wood beside ditches.

The venerable Saint made a pilgrimage-type journey to Scotland  from Ireland to visit said King and stopped at Fort Augustus on the way before continuing up the Great Glen to Inverness.

So all Tor has to do with his bulk and presence is to get into the same type of position that Meekings arranged for himself at Charlton Athletic and, crying out..."Valhalla for Ever" ,   ...'HE SHOOTS... HE SCORRRRRRES! :clapoverhead:

I hope he does enough to warrant a longer contract, may need a bit of time to settle...shall we give it three weeks! But seriously a tall guy up front even as an option over Foran should take a bit of pressure off McKay. I was only saying last week that McKay looked isolated when playing against Charlton, so this could be a shrewd move...time will tell, I am up in Inverness for the Thistle v Thistle game in October, so look forward to seeing the fruits of TB's summer signing spree