FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Strengthen during transfer window?

Guest Mahonio

If Aberdeen get Greatpenis then I wouldnt say no to making a move for Josh Magennis (awaiting abuse). Ive always been impressed by him. Powerful pacy and versatile. Not an out and out scorer but still capable and brings a different approach up top...

I was going to suggest that myself. I think Josh Magennis and Billy Mckay are mates so it might be a decent partnership. 

Josh can also play at right back which in an ideal world would be back up to David Raven rather than sticking Graeme Shinnie there. 

Just noticed that Magennis's contract is up at the end of the season, one way or another he will be getting pushed down the pecking order with Zola, Vernon and whoever they bring in over January contending for places...

If Aberdeen get Greatpenis then I wouldnt say no to making a move for Josh Magennis (awaiting abuse). Ive always been impressed by him. Powerful pacy and versatile. Not an out and out scorer but still capable and brings a different approach up top...

I was going to suggest that myself. I think Josh Magennis and Billy Mckay are mates so it might be a decent partnership. 

Josh can also play at right back which in an ideal world would be back up to David Raven rather than sticking Graeme Shinnie there. 

Just noticed that Magennis's contract is up at the end of the season, one way or another he will be getting pushed down the pecking order with Zola, Vernon and whoever they bring in over January contending for places...

I hope Yogi is aware of this. Megennis would be a terrific signing. 

Guest Mahonio

Hughes is hopeful of 1 coming in before Saturday, wonder if its Tansey he means. He also says that 1 or 2 possible additions have fallen through.

I hope Yogi is aware of this. Megennis would be a terrific signing. 

Aberdeen are now in the running for Rooney as well, seriously Magennis would be worth taking a chance on, perfect little and large strike force with Billy...

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

Imo, we only need a Striker or 2.

Got 2 Goalies so defo in no need of another 1 and in defence and midfield we have numbers and also players who can play in numerous positions.

Any idea or rumours of any potential Striker signing, Tony Watt would be a good shout but he's on loan at Lierse so thats probably a no go, Maggenis has been mentioned, that's also a good shout.

I'd prefer a loanee from lower English leagues as we seem to find gems from that area but i don't watch League 1, 2 or Blue Square bet Premiership so can't tout any names.

He was a striker/winger IIRC.  Seemingly he no longer has a club and is now 34.  His last team was way down the leagues in Spain apparently.  He was a good player in the past from what I remember, but I wouldn't take him now.

Guest Mahonio

I find it worrying that with under 2 weeks left of Transfer window, theres no sign of movement regarding getting a Striker or 2 in.

When does the window actually close? Is it midnight on Friday 31st January? Or does it 'stretch' to Monday 3rd February with a flurry-of-activity as the officials return after the weekend? 

Closes 23:00 on Friday 31st

I find it worrying that with under 2 weeks left of Transfer window, theres no sign of movement regarding getting a Striker or 2 in.

Loan dealings are not usually done till near close of window. Also likely waiting to see if Billy is staying.

• Agree 1

I just think that its not a good idea to go public. It raises fan expectations and if it falls through it disappoints folk. As frustrating as it is at time I think not shouting about signing till they actually happens is the best policy.