Inverness CT -V- Partick Th

Scotty

Never mind the stewards and this blame culture. What about individual responsibility?

Yes, every club has it's scum, but have you, or any of your friends ever thought it appropriate to cross barriers and violate the playing area?

The 'abuse' I've had over the weekend via texts etc,because of that incident...and not one comment about the score-line!

It hasn't gone unnoticed. So embarrassing.

There were 2,700 at the game and a couple of blokes get on the pitch. If that was replicated at Parkhead, there'd be 60 odd guys over the barriers.

Awaiting a statement from the club or I won't be going back.

A late entrant into biggest CTO meltdown of 2014 but you've made a strong bid for the title.

• Agree 7

Never mind the stewards and this blame culture. What about individual responsibility?

Yes, every club has it's scum, but have you, or any of your friends ever thought it appropriate to cross barriers and violate the playing area?

The 'abuse' I've had over the weekend via texts etc,because of that incident...and not one comment about the score-line!

It hasn't gone unnoticed. So embarrassing.  

There were 2,700 at the game and a couple of blokes get on the pitch. If that was replicated at Parkhead, there'd be 60 odd guys over the barriers.

Aww didums. Did they run into the crowd and steal your bovril afterwards too?  :cry:

If the team has started passing back to the goalie as has been reported then I am now concerned. I thought we had got over that affliction.

We still have been passing back to Brill a fair few times even when playing well. I don't think its as big as an issue as it was last season IMO.

• Agree 1

Thank goodness I restrained myself from posting on the Saturday night after a few beers! I was absolutely fizzing!

Perhaps we'll hear no more - for legal reasons - so in I will be returning to the ground for games.

However, I don't think I was having a 'melt-down' in any means.

I've got more friends who are NOT fans of ICT than I do actual fans.They haven't had much ammunition to 'have a go' at me with recently, so the pitch incursion was easy meat as I've always stated that ICT's stadium is an environment where you are free from the ills of the bigger clubs.

We don't do spitting, flares. sectarian chants or throwing coins or missiles - but fans on the pitch, for me, is worse. It just strikes a nerve with me.

Too much liberal tolerance.

I'm also currently having trouble with 'that type' aged youths in my street - and those on the pitch are of a similar age - I'm probably just frustrated in the 'breakdown in society', and this incident was simply a manifestation of that. I didn't realise one was allowed to run on the pitch with impunity! I must try it - clearly, we've all got one go!

A straight life-ban would eliminate it immediately. People need to (literally) know their boundaries.

I'm maybe stuck in the dark ages but there are too many apologists willing to give them another chance - so other 'youngsters' who 'know their rights' will be okay! At what age is it deemed un-acceptable to invade a football pitch? Or is there an age when it is acceptable?

It's never 'acceptable! Even if I've sunk so many pints pre-game that my mental age is 12, I still know what's intolerable behaviour. I understand the other incident this season was outwith the control of the club, but I imagine this will be 'swept under the carpet'!

I've bookmarked this page for the inevitable future when a drunken hooped Celtic fan(s) breaks onto the pitch and approaches one of our players.

Thank goodness I restrained myself from posting on the Saturday night after a few beers! I was absolutely fizzing!

Perhaps we'll hear no more - for legal reasons - so in I will be returning to the ground for games.

However, I don't think I was having a 'melt-down' in any means.

I've got more friends who are NOT fans of ICT than I do actual fans.They haven't had much ammunition to 'have a go' at me with recently, so the pitch incursion was easy meat as I've always stated that ICT's stadium is an environment where you are free from the ills of the bigger clubs.

We don't do spitting, flares. sectarian chants or throwing coins or missiles - but fans on the pitch, for me, is worse. It just strikes a nerve with me.

Too much liberal tolerance.

I'm also currently having trouble with 'that type' aged youths in my street - and those on the pitch are of a similar age - I'm probably just frustrated in the 'breakdown in society', and this incident was simply a manifestation of that. I didn't realise one was allowed to run on the pitch with impunity! I must try it - clearly, we've all got one go!

A straight life-ban would eliminate it immediately. People need to (literally) know their boundaries.

I'm maybe stuck in the dark ages but there are too many apologists willing to give them another chance - so other 'youngsters' who 'know their rights' will be okay! At what age is it deemed un-acceptable to invade a football pitch? Or is there an age when it is acceptable?

It's never 'acceptable! Even if I've sunk so many pints pre-game that my mental age is 12, I still know what's intolerable behaviour. I understand the other incident this season was outwith the control of the club, but I imagine this will be 'swept under the carpet'!

I've bookmarked this page for the inevitable future when a drunken hooped Celtic fan(s) breaks onto the pitch and approaches one of our players.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that what they did was right or they should be let off with it, in fact if ICT are stung with a fine we should send the bill to them. However my father in law who's in his 60's felt that the stewards should have just let them go whereas I felt they were quite right to detain the lad. So it's not necessarily a generational thing either.

Dunno why your pals are having a go about it all the Partick fans I read on P&B seemed to take it in a 'daft laddies' way.. As for beakdown in society which of course is a modern thing with football fans and teenagers in the 70s/80s being always so well behaved.

Unfortunatly these things happen sometimes, what shocked me more in a way was the 'liberal tolerance' and utter lack of action shown from the stewards. I'd say threatening never to return over this is kinda entering meltdown territory...

• Agree 1

It hasn't gone unnoticed. So embarrassing.  

The stewads are absolute useless ******** at our stadium like everywhere in the league.

Perhaps Sneckboy could produce a statistical table outlining wankker points for the stewards. But I have to concur that drunken individuals who end up getting ejected from the Dump should be treated with disdain and heavily punished. Or pitch invaders like yon **** who jumped in front of the cameras after we beat Cellic 1-0 in the cup.