FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Travel for Scottish Cup Semi

us2

The semi final really ought to be at Pittodrie so that the poor deprived Glaswegians can experience the thrill of the day out as well. The venue is ideal because it is far enough away from Glasgow to maximise the sense of journey.  I'm sure if the SFA realised just how unfair they were being on the poor, hard done by Celtic fans they would change the venue in a flash.

And here I was thinking they normally maximised their sense of journey once they passed Castlecary Arches. :smile:

I may be wrong here, I often am, but when we reached our first League Cup semi final a couple of seasons back a lot of us were saying all semi finals should be at Hampden when they announced Easter Road. I am starting to find this "They all hate us" mentality getting tedious and think we are forgetting or overlooking what a great achievement this is and instead of getting excited, some, are wallowing in self pity. The decision is made, Sunday 19th April 2015 at Hampden Park. Let's start enjoying the build up and encourage people to get there and get behind the team and let ICT do what they do best, beat the odds and shock Scottish football.

• Agree 3

I may be wrong here, I often am, but when we reached our first League Cup semi final a couple of seasons back a lot of us were saying all semi finals should be at Hampden when they announced Easter Road. I am starting to find this "They all hate us" mentality getting tedious and think we are forgetting or overlooking what a great achievement this is and instead of getting excited, some, are wallowing in self pity. The decision is made, Sunday 19th April 2015 at Hampden Park. Let's start enjoying the build up and encourage people to get there and get behind the team and let ICT do what they do best, beat the odds and shock Scottish football.

Agree totally. Players want to play at Hampden and they've earned the right. Helping with planning transport at the moment and hoping as many attend as possible.

My post above was very much tongue in cheek and realistically there is no viable alternative to a Glasgow venue even if there is a viable alternative to the timing.  But whilst the venue probably should be big enough to take the demand for tickets, I personally don't think Hampden is the correct venue,  Maybe I'm old fashioned but to me, part of the romance of the cup is that Hampden dream - a dream which meant you were playing in the final and if you won the match your captain would lift the trophy.  Having the semis at Hampden as well rather dilutes the experience and the achievement of getting there IMO. 

Some would say that is over sentimental and that it is logical to have the semis at Hampden because it increases exposure to the Hampden experience to more players and supporters, it increases the use of the national stadium, it increases revenues and it helps to familiarise players to the venue prior to the main event.  All those are probably true but whether true or not, they interfere with the romance of the cup.  And if they are true then would those arguments suggest we should also play the quarter finals at Hampden?  Getting to Hampden used to mean playing in the final.  Oh that that was still the case!

• Agree 1

How can they all hate us when their all ment to hate Celtic?