New Away Strip

Harry Chibber

Can anyone give me an update on the new strip situation ...i.e. is it happening or not and, if so, when ... I've got a wee man getting very, very close to his 9th birthday who would like to know for some reason or other ;)

Liking them both a lot!! Especially the home one ... Just a shame that they aren't ready sooner ... Too late for my son's birthday.

Smart move to make them available through JD outlet ... better access without the high street overhead ... just hope they are also still available in the club shop going forward.

Are we changing both every year?

Wouldn't have thought so. First year of a new kit supplier always means at least 2 new kits.

Ross County started with Carbrini last season and have a new home and away kit this season. 

Not what you know it's who you know, eh :P 

dissapointed kits arent available until August. Regardless, two cracking kits in my mind. Shame Carbrini/JD love to plaster massive logos on the arm. (note Bournemouth's new kit) 

Sure Cabrini isnt Nike or Adidas, but to be fair Cabrini is far better quality than Errea! Also Cabrini is a subsidory to JD, just like Puma and Sondico are subsidories to Sports Direct so to be totally honest id rather be alligned to a quality designer store than Mike Ashley! 

But yes this will sadly mean new home and Away shirts every new season at £45 a pop. Imo that is frankly scandilous and i always hoped our club would not join the fan expolitation bandwagon which has galvanised British Football in the last 10 years but hey ho. If i like the shirt i'll buy it, but will not be pressurised into buying it just because it's 'the new one'. 

Ps. I do like the new home ;) 

• Agree 2

Sure Cabrini isnt Nike or Adidas, but to be fair Cabrini is far better quality than Errea! Also Cabrini is a subsidory to JD, just like Puma and Sondico are subsidories to Sports Direct so to be totally honest id rather be alligned to a quality designer store than Mike Ashley! 

But yes this will sadly mean new home and Away shirts every new season at £45 a pop. Imo that is frankly scandilous and i always hoped our club would not join the fan expolitation bandwagon which has galvanised British Football in the last 10 years but hey ho. If i like the shirt i'll buy it, but will not be pressurised into buying it just because it's 'the new one'. 

Ps. I do like the new home ;) 

Carbrini isn't better quality than Errea, Puma isn't a subsidiary of Sports Direct and JD Sports isn't a quality designer store imo. I though the kit looked nice tonight from a distance though.

This fan exploitation point that people keep mentioning is a myth that is pretty patronising to our support. People will buy the kit if they want to buy it, as you say.

Sports Direct own many a brand but Puma isn't one of them, Sondico though are.

They have rather very close ties with the brand and forging new relationships with bigger brands.. tell you what though, Sondico stuff doesn't seem all that shabby in terms of quality - for what you pay for it.

Home kit looked awfully red last night, almost red on front, blue on the back, intrigued for the general release, I'll consider buying for the first time in a fair few years.

Does anyone know if last seasons kit is being sold off at a reduced price just now? I was hoping to get the new top for going to Romania but it doesn't look like that will be possible.

I stated previously that I'm not a white kit fan and that's still true to a degree, but that away kit is quite smart.  Sometimes less is more and that's quite minimalist (in a good way).

I can see where the club's going with the home top.  Fans want stripes but block colours sell better (apparently), so it's a kind of happy medium.  Think it'll grow on me through time.  I don't hate it but it does look unusual.  By no means the worst home kit we've ever had though.

• 2 weeks later...

It's August, we've worn the new strip in three competitive matches and I still can't buy it. Any further update when it'll be available?

I read recently that Birmingham aren't getting their new kits until the middle of August. I can only assume we have a similar time scale. 

I'm going to assume its not the club's fault but as far as I can see we are the only club supplied by Carbrini whose new top you cannot at least pre-order (Birmingham's is on pre-order, every other team's is available except a couple which appear to be out of stock on home top). On the eve of our fourth game of the season its a bit of a farce really. Why do we not at least have a pre-order?

Although it could be worse I guess...

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/new-away-third-kits-available-now-2597182.aspx

Our home strip looks ok, not a bad design but also nothing special. Away strip unspectacular and functional.

Didn't take to last season's home strip right away but it grew on me as it became associated with a very successful season, now its a legendary strip, iconic, right up there with the strip the team wore that night at Celtic Park in February 2000.

• Agree 1

I see some clubs (especially those who are sponsored by alcohol and gambling firms) bring out sponsorless kits at times.  Will we ever do that?

I think the new away kit is pretty smart but I wouldn't fancy going to games with Subway written across me.