FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Draper / Tansey = Lampard / Gerrard

Can they play together ? They both appears to favour - and play better - in the holding midfielder role. I thought that Tansey was immense there yesterday (Motherwell) but Draper appears to be the "alpha male". I also thought that the midfield diamond worked well yesterday. I have been racking my brain to think of the best way of accommodating them both but I am struggling.

We finished 3rd last season, won a cup and they played together almost every game then, so I think the answer is yes.

While they may have a dip in form where Draper hasnt had the best of starts this season and Tansey is now starting to play well, the fact we have a new keeper and unsettled defence with our captain and leader missing, couple that with the misfiring options ahead of them in the midfield and upfront its not condusive to letting them settle into their normal games as they are trying to create and also defend covering the whole pitch end to end.

I wouldn't say Draper is a Lampard type player but definitely Tansey has the same qualities as Stevie Gerrard. I would like to see Draper become more of a Roy Keane, we've been missing that in Foran's absence.