FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

CC Advice Thread

We just simply have got to get the correct ingredients or the cake will go flat at Rugby Park. More of a challenge than usual for CC - Granty suspended and Royster returning. Bound to be differences in opinion about this.

Watching Setanta it  would appear that Nish and Naismith are the front two with Naismith playing off a lot of lumping to Nish, as Wales is crocked. Johnston is the play maker and is more central than he used to be. Now it could be that Killie may have the League Cup Final on their minds but we have to look to our own formation first and foremost.

Nish is a target man and Dods can handle him. We need pace fer Naismith so Caff may fit the bill. However I would suggest pairing Dods and Hastings in the middle and putting Morgan in at left back. Royster is a CC fave so I can see him being accomodated in a five man midfield of Wilson - Duncan - Black - Royster - Rankin with Bayne ploughing the lonely front furrow.

I may even have to congratulate CC if he gets this rite. Wonder wht he is thinking?

Advice?  Hold on there man, we don't want to be criticising him now.  We aren't qualified managers so we don't have a clue what to do, and Charlie, of course, is.  I mean, if we were good enough surely it would have been us Grassa would have hired.

Charlie knows what he is doing, I mean, Rory is just absoultly amazing.  Better then Kenny Miller even.

We just simply have got to get the correct ingredients or the cake will go flat at Rugby Park. More of a challenge than usual for CC - Granty suspended and Royster returning. Bound to be differences in opinion about this.

Watching Setanta it  would appear that Nish and Naismith are the front two with Naismith playing off a lot of lumping to Nish, as Wales is crocked. Johnston is the play maker and is more central than he used to be. Now it could be that Killie may have the League Cup Final on their minds but we have to look to our own formation first and foremost.

Nish is a target man and Dods can handle him. We need pace fer Naismith so Caff may fit the bill. However I would suggest pairing Dods and Hastings in the middle and putting Morgan in at left back. Royster is a CC fave so I can see him being accomodated in a five man midfield of Wilson - Duncan - Black - Royster - Rankin with Bayne ploughing the lonely front furrow.

I may even have to congratulate CC if he gets this rite. Wonder what he is thinking?

Anyway - now the therapy has ended - as I was saying.  :001:

Ooops, missed the reply, was too busy doing something else.

I think we should be throwing no caution to the wind and activly seeking a victory.  Victory or death I say.  We need to pick up points against Killie and start to close the gap before we ever start thinking about a top 6 place.

Four at the back, three in the middle, two in front of the midfield, one up front.  Working the ball from the back to through the midfield, and controlling the midfield.

MacFalloverister should be on the bench only, get Bayne to go up front, Barry and Markus in front of the midfield.  Rankin, Blackie and Hastings in the middle, Caff being brought in for Munro.

Victory or death.

However, we will probably go;

Fraser

Tokely    Dodds    Caff    Morgan (if he is back)

Rankin    Blackie  McBain  Barry

McCallister    Bayne

Can Hastings play left back?

Morgan can't play left back, last time it was tried was the 3-0 home defeat against Falkirk. A straight swap with Caff coming in for Munro is the simplest and most sensible solution. It'd be absolute stupidity to make radical changes to our defensive system going into such an important game against such a potent attacking side.

Up front, on the other hand - perhaps it'd favourable to mix things up and create some chaos. Bayne and Rory aren't working as a partnership. We should stick Richie Hart up front - he's played there before, you can rely on him getting stuck in, he can beat a man, he can pick out a pass, and he knows where the net is.

Richie Hart ... and he knows where the net is.

Aye usually about 20 feet below the ball as it crosses the goal line  :001:

I have the perfect formation;

Fraser

Tokely Wilson Dodds Morgan McBain Caffrey Rankin Black Hart

Bayne

Richie Hart ... and he knows where the net is.

Aye usually about 20 feet below the ball as it crosses the goal line  :001:

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015: ... Thanks Mee, you made me laugh out loud when i read this

I would go with this 4-1-4-1 (4-5-1) formation which can easily be adapted to 442 by pushing Barry up front (or into a free role) and adjusting the roles of Rankin, Duncan, Paatelainen .....

Hart, McBain and McSwegan on the bench along with Ridgers, Soane, Sutherland and Morgan. no place for Rory as he just isnt doing it. Paatelainen on the other hand has looked interesting when he has come on in recent games so might be worthy of a start.

Fraser

Tokely    Caff    Dods    Hastings

Duncan

Wilson    Black  Rankin  Paatelainen

Bayne