FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Club or Country

chris123

if u had to choose  

84 members have voted

1. 1.

• club
    • country

Club. I've spent 12 years of my life following Caley Thistle, while Scotland games only come around every few months or so.

The France game was one of the greatest football moments i've ever had, but it still didn't compare to the Clyde game and our subsequent promotion.

I also consider my identity as an Invernesian or Highlander to be stronger than my identity as a Scotsman, but maybe that's another debate.

A bit of a dilemma perhaps, but personally I would choose country every time !! I am proud to be Scottish and would crawl over broken glass in a pair of speedos to represent my country at any sport if I was good enough. However, I can also see the other side of the coin .... Although it is an honour to play for your country it doesnt pay the bills whereas playing for your club week-in and week-out does pay the bills.

Its a shame that this debate even exists but I can understand clubs who are reticent to release players for some of the more 'meaningless' games as it is them who are left to pick up the pieces and keep paying the wages if a player is injured as the insurance the national bodies take out will seldom cover all the expenses associated with injuries/rehabilitation for the very top players if something were to happen.

To be honest I reckon everyone of us supports our club and our country. As for players, I believe the majority are proud to represent their country. One or two will always want to choose when to play though. Especially if theres a big club game coming up, i.e cup final, european match etc.

Pointless question. Both.

They never play each other or play on the same day (many moons ago internationals did clash with the league programme, that would give you young feckers something to worry about apart from plooks :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:)