Apathy Monitoring Research Project

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Well to be honest the reason that I started this topic - and the reason I have been posting after an absence - is that I was disillusioned and TBH totally cheesed off - by the negativity and IMHO a number of unfairly derisive posters who appeared to be more intent in catastrophising and being overly critical and negative. Shure there was a lot to complain about but I could not understand that the injuries this season were not seen as being a major reason for our poor form. No other team in this league would have dealt with the same situation. It gave me great pleasure to witness the rise in the scoring and the positivity in the last few weeks. And did anyone actually believe that we would take three points from Queens Park ??

Well some eejits are still talking about relegation. I sincerely am sticking at a FIVE - as I truly believe that we have an outside chance of making the play offs given our fixture list - and I intend to go to Morton and to Hamilton (away). We have been away behind before and made up the ground. I dont think that we will get promoted but we have to keep up the momentum for the Cup. And as for the sanctimonious amongst us - I wish I could start a podcast revealing the rumours that I have heard - I evidently cant - BUT wholly agree that the club needs a clear out and a managerial reconstruction. There may be individuals retained which I do not agree with but individuals given more creedence and influence plus financial support from a - lets say previously rumoured source.

At the end of the day I am a feckin diehard and my season will be saved by two trips to Hampden and a play off or close to play off place ending. OK the negative may be that I have little confidence in the tactics during the league fixtures and the unbelievable, continuing lack of communication with the fan base. 

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

On 3/13/2023 at 10:06 AM, RiG said:

Pre Livi - 3
Pre Hamilton - 4
Pre Hamilton (midweek) - 2
Pre Dundee - 1
Pre Killie - 2
Pre Queens Park - 4 

If it was to continue...

Pre Partick Thistle - 1/2

23 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Well to be honest the reason that I started this topic - and the reason I have been posting after an absence - is that I was disillusioned and TBH totally cheesed off - by the negativity and IMHO a number of unfairly derisive posters who appeared to be more intent in catastrophising and being overly critical and negative. Shure there was a lot to complain about but I could not understand that the injuries this season were not seen as being a major reason for our poor form. No other team in this league would have dealt with the same situation. It gave me great pleasure to witness the rise in the scoring and the positivity in the last few weeks. And did anyone actually believe that we would take three points from Queens Park ??

Well some eejits are still talking about relegation. I sincerely am sticking at a FIVE - as I truly believe that we have an outside chance of making the play offs given our fixture list - and I intend to go to Morton and to Hamilton (away). We have been away behind before and made up the ground. I dont think that we will get promoted but we have to keep up the momentum for the Cup. And as for the sanctimonious amongst us - I wish I could start a podcast revealing the rumours that I have heard - I evidently cant - BUT wholly agree that the club needs a clear out and a managerial reconstruction. There may be individuals retained which I do not agree with but individuals given more creedence and influence plus financial support from a - lets say previously rumoured source.

At the end of the day I am a feckin diehard and my season will be saved by two trips to Hampden and a play off or close to play off place ending. OK the negative may be that I have little confidence in the tactics during the league fixtures and the unbelievable, continuing lack of communication with the fan base. 

We have absolutely no chance of play offs now and I'm not counting my chickens on a 2nd Hampden visit yet 

And yes I went on Saturday fully thinking we could beat Queens Park...lol 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

We have absolutely no chance of play offs now and I'm not counting my chickens on a 2nd Hampden visit yet 

And yes I went on Saturday fully thinking we could beat Queens Park...lol 

Partick in 4th have 45 points from 29 games.  If they continue to average the same number of points per game, they will end up on 56 points.  Morton a place behind Partick are only 2 points behind.  To have any realistic chance of reaching the playoffs we might need to aim for 57 points.  We currently have 36 from 28 games so need to win 7 of our 8 remaining games to reach a target that may well not be enough in any case.  Failing that we need both Partick and Morton to collapse and hope that Raith don't spoil the party.    So, yes, absolutely no realistic chance of reaching the play-offs.  And remember, we've still got to play Hamilton again!

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been as low as 2 and as high as 5, but currently at 6: would be higher but our league run in worries me given we have Hamilton and Dundee next.

Four points in them will see us make the play offs with a win against Ayr. Anything less makes it a tall order unless others slip up.

3 hours ago, Naelifts said:

Some good football and energy on Tuesday requires a re assessment and I must now post a 7. This survey, no matter what, will serve as an interesting historical document. 

Did you mean hysterical?

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

It pretty well sums up the rollercoaster ride of the 22/23 season - and it aint feckin over yet !!

Agreed, but while its much more positive now and good feelings are out there, it shouldn't detract from the fact this season has been a failure and a shambles both on and off park. Even if we get successful outcomes in the remaining games, there still requires serious questions regarding both financial stability/management and how the club has presided over a manager who on successive seasons has perpetuated horrific mid-season collapses which ultimately have cost us winning the title.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Nothings ideal. Many people like to ignore our extensive injury list like it never happened. However our off the field antics are well documented and verge on or beyond embarrassing. Lot's of things combine to define our season. For me the injuries were real and played a major part in our dismal form. You simply can't take ten first picks out of the side and expect miracles. Dodds' biggest error was the public hanging of Mark Ridgers. The injuries were out of his control.

Worth renewing.........maybe aye maybe no.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 1