FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

v Arbroath - Trust Trophy

tm4tj

3 minutes ago, ymip said:

A genuinely mortifying performance. You think it can't get any worse but every week we sink deeper into the mire. Big trouble folks.

.....and those in charge don't seem to give a f**k. No apparent interest in getting us back to where we should be. 

We are a totally different club from only a few years ago

• Agree 7

40 minutes ago, DWH said:

Yet another embarrassment: how low do we have to go really before Dodds is shown the door?????

We have a sporting director on name only.....

What an embarrassment of a club..

W

Take the positives out of today. Dodsie believes the team is not far off a victory and is expecting the team to ‘click’ and go on a run of 9 or 10 good results! No reason that could not be next Saturday! 
There was no Coonty home game today so Robbo would have been at Gayfield today to add value! 

bc

9 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Meaningless result today overall though, as we've lost but it hasn't negatively impacted our position in the league. Credit to the management team for bringing some stability and not letting our main competition in the championship move away from us.

We are still only 12 points from promotion. 

We have halted the relegation slide. 

Have we ever had as bad a sustained run since we were merged? 

52 minutes ago, big cherly said:

Take the positives out of today. Dodsie believes the team is not far off a victory and is expecting the team to ‘click’ and go on a run of 9 or 10 good results! No reason that could not be next Saturday! 
There was no Coonty home game today so Robbo would have been at Gayfield today to add value! 

bc

Are you for real? 

• Funny 2
  • Facepalm 2

59 minutes ago, big cherly said:

bc

Screenshot_20230909_183928_X.jpg

• Facepalm 2
  • angry 1

7 minutes ago, Caleyjag said:

Screenshot_20230909_183928_X.jpg

The guy is totally taking us for a ride!!!

Who is going along with this nonsense!!!!

Does he ever actually perform ANY duties for the club??

FFS : unbelievable..........

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 4

Our only chance of silverware and success this season gone. Also a great chance to lift some heads.  People forget what the cup win in 2018 did for the teams morale and confidence after an horrendous start the season. This team badly needs something to hold onto and we've chucked it away. No way will we reach the later stages the Scottish Cup unless the draw is kind to us. 

Reaching the final would've also given fans something to cheer about a day out to look forward to instead it's complete focus on what will be a long league campaign . 

Regardless of how serious this competition gets treated by the fans, board and management we can all agree that getting knocked out of the Challenge Cup in September is not good 🙄.... 

Edited by Super Caley Man 94
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Super Caley Man 94 said:

Our only chance of silverware and success this season gone. Also a great chance to lift some heads.  People saying this game was "meaningless" certainly wasn't to me. People forget what the cup win in 2018 did for the teams morale and confidence after an horrendous start the season. This team badly needs something to hold onto and we've chucked it away. No way will we reach the later stages the Scottish Cup unless the draw is kind to us. 

Reaching the final would've also given fans something to cheer about a day out to look forward to instead it's complete focus on what will be a long league campaign  

We have the Inverness Cup in the cabinet. Silverware already festooned with ICT colours!!

bc

Edited by big cherly

1 hour ago, big cherly said:

bc

Perhaps Robbo was a guest at Brora ?

FB_IMG_1694282784853.jpg

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, caley1 said:

He can fek off to county or anyone else that has money to burn . We certainly don’t have money to waste on him or ceo . 

Apparently Dodds is on a 2 year contract (surprise surprise!!!!!), so I guess we can't afford to give him the boot.....................

No excuses on the Robbo front though : also believe he can be seen watching the odd shinty match...........

We need to get back to when we seemed to be able to pick up out of contract guys mainly down south who more often than not seemed to gel with each other and turned that into a winning mentality. Not quite sure what the current team train at in between matches...

I always questioned why this was Dodds first job as a number one at his age, when he has always been a number two! And as for the two year contract, that just smacks of jobs for the boys. His contract was up, the club could have let him walk out the door without compensation, but they decided to give him a two year deal and now he would walk away with a nice tidy sum, if we could afford it, which we can't. I only hope that there are some conditions related to the contract, like we have to have so many wins or so many points by a certain date, but I won't hold my breath on that score.

Today's game would have been a great way of getting some form and confidence back into the team, if we had of played our strongest team, instead, we let possibly one of our rivals down at the bottom of the table, get a psychological advantage over us, so we go into our next crucial game, with low expectations, no form, and Dodds no wiser to our best eleven, formation and tactics. I look at all the teams in the league and can't see where any wins will come from.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

I always questioned why this was Dodds first job as a number one at his age, when he has always been a number two! And as for the two year contract, that just smacks of jobs for the boys. His contract was up, the club could have let him walk out the door without compensation, but they decided to give him a two year deal and now he would walk away with a nice tidy sum, if we could afford it, which we can't. I only hope that there are some conditions related to the contract, like we have to have so many wins or so many points by a certain date, but I won't hold my breath on that score.

Today's game would have been a great way of getting some form and confidence back into the team, if we had of played our strongest team, instead, we let possibly one of our rivals down at the bottom of the table, get a psychological advantage over us, so we go into our next crucial game, with low expectations, no form, and Dodds no wiser to our best eleven, formation and tactics. I look at all the teams in the league and can't see where any wins will come from.

Exactly we should always put out our best team in any cup game!

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, IBM said:

Exactly we should always put out our best team in any cup game!

Gotta disagree with that. We should play our strongest team in league and Scottish Cup matches. This diddy cup is the ideal opportunity to rest some players who play every other match, and more importantly give fringe players and youngsters some experience and a chance to show what they can do in a competitive game. If you can’t do that in this fixture, when can you do it?

Some of the squad players took their chance, and in the highlights Cammy stood out in particular.

Edited by Yngwie

We made 8 changes yesterday, and had a central midfield of 2 inexperienced teenagers (talented though they are). Arbroath took the competition more seriously and fielded a strong side. To me the result didn’t matter much.

What does concern me a lot is that defence was a pretty strong line up but still looked all over the place at times and individuals were far too easily beaten when challenging for the ball. Very worrying. A vulnerable defence is a sure fire way to get relegated.

• Agree 3

47 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Gotta disagree with that. We should play our strongest team in league and Scottish Cup matches. This diddy cup is the ideal opportunity to rest some players who play every other match, and more importantly give fringe players and youngsters some experience and a chance to show what they can do in a competitive game. If you can’t do that in this fixture, when can you do it?

Some of the squad players took their chance, and in the highlights Cammy stood out in particular.

Kind of agree here. Was listening to the bbc radio yesterday Dundee United - Dunfermline game, and it seemed that it was a training match for both teams. Dunfermline knew they’d loose and put out a pub team ‘level’. 

Mickey Mouse cup for M-M teams and is treated like such! No wonder the fans don’t turn out for these nothing tournaments.

bc

• tm4tj unpinned this topic