FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

January Transfer window news

CaleyTennis

1 hour ago, STFU said:

Even if he was fit I wouldn't want him playing given the circumstances.

I agree.

It wouldn’t be fair to anyone, Wotherspoon, us or United, for him to be put in that position.

I wonder when the club will confirm he is moving on…..?

Edited by Robert

1 hour ago, Robert said:

I agree.

It wouldn’t be fair to anyone, Wotherspoon, us or United, for him to be put in that position.

I wonder when the club will confirm he is moving on…..?

Will be no different to Shinnie when he played against Aberdeen after signing a PCA and plenty others from our past. If we are paying his wages this week and he is fit, then I'm hoping Dunc will expect him to be professional and play - we cant afford to pay our best talent to sit out games especially given the dearth of quality we have.

Edited by bdu98196
  • Like 1
  • Well Said 1

We need new signings asap so it's certainly worrying that we have had no news or even rumours yet especially seeing as we have now lost one of our best players of the last while plus Sheridan is soon to be out of contract!

Why do we always wait until mid transfer window to sign players, this club clearly has no clue!!

4 minutes ago, CaleyTennis said:

We need new signings asap so it's certainly worrying that we have had no news or even rumours yet especially seeing as we have now lost one of our best players of the last while plus Sheridan is soon to be out of contract!

Don’t know how we’re going to cope without Sheridan.

Edited by Yngwie
  • Funny 5

8 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

I only mentioned him because we need to offload him to get players in lol, he's our worst ever signing but thankfully only a short term contract.

spacer.png

• Funny 1

9 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Why do we always wait until mid transfer window to sign players, this club clearly has no clue!!

Probably several reasons, the main one being we have little money so are waiting on loans which will depend on parent clubs conducting business or we need to play 'the game' of holding fast for released or experienced pro's who didnt get the offers they expected so will reluctantly come to us as last resort - Wortherspoon for example.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ymip said:

Brings back memories of our last Wigan loanee, Roman Golobart. Clearly Big Dunc not fully onboard with current CBs. 

Or one of them is leaving. 

So that’s the start of the loanee jobbers arriving.

Where’s all the superstars from ICT youth set we were all told about or was that another lie? 

Dougal

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, BobbyDazzler said:

Jamie Carragher son, James on loan from Oldham 

This got a mention during the sports news on Reporting Scotland just now.

Hes only played one EFL Trophy match for Wigan this season so not sure how big an impact he will make.

Hopefully his father keeps name dropping us to raise our profile. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Northern_jaggie said:

Joint 3rd best defence in the league based on goals against, Big Dunc sings a defender??

As hinted above , maybe one of our existing defenders is leaving. 

It's true we have conceded fewer goals than many teams, but the ones we do lose are so soft...

Hopefully DF has some forwards coming in though. Obviously required.

• Agree 1