FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Officials for Motherwell game

RossP

Can't remember if he's reffed us but is a decent ref.

Craig Mackay

Date of Birth:  22 February 1966

Height:  6' 1"

Weight:  14 st

Profession:  Operations Director, Bank of Scotland

First ever match:  Under 10 boys club match in Glasgow

First international match:  Ferenvaros (Hungary) v Tirana (Albania); Champions League Qualifier ; 4th official

Career highlights  Being appointed to referee the 1999 Scottish Junior Cup Final ; Kilwinning Rangers v Kelty Hearts

What does being a football referee mean to you?  I love being involved in the game, and I thoroughly enjoy my role as a referee and the satisfaction you receive when you work hard

Why did you become a referee?  Having played football with the Boys’ Brigade and realising that I wasn’t good enough to progress to a higher level, I chose refereeing in order to remain involved in the game

Would you have wished to become a full-time referee?  Not now, due to my current position outside of football

Any pet hates in football?  Professional players who attempt to get their fellow colleagues cautioned etc

What Law of the Game would you change?  Players who try to obtain an advantage via cheating ie simulation and players who try to score a goal by punching the ball into the net in order to deceive the match referee, these culprits should be treated more severely.

The most difficult Law to apply?  Offside, the movement of players in today’s modern game makes it extremely difficult for our Assistant Referees to judge

Your best memory in football?  Too many, struggle to highlight any particular moment, but a lasting memory will be all the great characters that I have met over the years

Other sports or hobbies?  Spending time with the my wife and 2 young daughters, and when time permits ; golf, swimming and cycling

Your main strength?  Man-management, always talking to players throughout the 90 minutes

And main weaknesses?  Privately very self critical

What's in your car CD player?  Rock Anthems

Beer or wine?  Red Wine

Favourite film?  Beverley Hills Cop

Tastiest food?  Pasta, Steak

Favourite holiday destination?  Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca

Luck or judgement?  Don't have much luck

Dress up or dress down?  Dress down

Whom would you most like to meet?  Matthew Pinston

Ambitions?  To enjoy life and provide for my family as much as possible for the future

Any advice for young referees?  Listen and work hard at you game including your fitness, enjoy what you do as there are many opportunities available

Guest Arab4Ever

if hes no Alan Freeland or Stuart Dougal yer sorted. I would start a poll of worst referee but I expect its been done many times. Anyone remember the winner?

if hes no Alan Freeland or Stuart Dougal yer sorted. I would start a poll of worst referee but I expect its been done many times. Anyone remember the winner?

Calum Murray and Dougie MacDonald shared the winners accolade  :003:

Guest Arab4Ever

Dougie MacDonalds a tool as well. Dont think I recall Calum Murray managing a Utd game though :024:

Dougie MacDonalds a tool as well. Dont think I recall Calum Murray managing a Utd game though :024:

Yer feckin lucky then...