FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hi all!

Hi everyone,

I attended my first Caley game last weekend on a complete whim as I was visiting close to the area. My hometown is Blackpool and I support Blackpool (I loved seeing Nathan Shaw score that third goal as a product of our academy) but as life has taken me around a bit I now live in Pontefract, West Yorkshire, not far from Leeds. I also follow Pontefract Collieries home and away because of this. 8th tier of English football.

I wanted to join the site to firstly say I really enjoyed the hospitality of your club. We spoke to a few locals around the city before and after the game and they were very welcoming us of foreigners.

Secondly, the football was brilliant. Now, I know I may come in to some criticism for this but it was like watching lower league English football but with an immaculate pitch. However that is EXACTLY what I want to see in a football match.

Lastly, and my only criticism of your wonderful club would be the home atmosphere. I expected booming when the third goal went in last week but it fell flat. Even at 2-0 up it was very quiet. I’d love you to create more of an atmosphere. Get that drum banging and get singing guys!! It’ll make a massive difference to your results!

I’ll be forever keeping my eye out for your results now. Hope you manage to string a few wins together and get up the table.

Come on Caley. Cheers 💙❤️

• Like 7
  • Agree 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Well Said 1

10 hours ago, LeedsSeasider said:

Hi everyone,

I attended my first Caley game last weekend on a complete whim as I was visiting close to the area. My hometown is Blackpool and I support Blackpool (I loved seeing Nathan Shaw score that third goal as a product of our academy) but as life has taken me around a bit I now live in Pontefract, West Yorkshire, not far from Leeds. I also follow Pontefract Collieries home and away because of this. 8th tier of English football.

I wanted to join the site to firstly say I really enjoyed the hospitality of your club. We spoke to a few locals around the city before and after the game and they were very welcoming us of foreigners.

Secondly, the football was brilliant. Now, I know I may come in to some criticism for this but it was like watching lower league English football but with an immaculate pitch. However that is EXACTLY what I want to see in a football match.

Lastly, and my only criticism of your wonderful club would be the home atmosphere. I expected booming when the third goal went in last week but it fell flat. Even at 2-0 up it was very quiet. I’d love you to create more of an atmosphere. Get that drum banging and get singing guys!! It’ll make a massive difference to your results!

I’ll be forever keeping my eye out for your results now. Hope you manage to string a few wins together and get up the table.

Welcome but it’s ICT not Caley. 

Caley were killed off in 1994 we are the newco similar to Sevco who are the old Rangers. 

Both predominantly blue but different entities 

Dougal

• Funny 4
  • Facepalm 2

11 minutes ago, dougal said:

Welcome but it’s ICT not Caley. 

Caley were killed off in 1994 we are the newco similar to Sevco who are the old Rangers. 

Both predominantly blue but different entities 

Dougal

Nope, carry on with Caley if you want. 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

5 minutes ago, ICTPaisley said:

Nope, carry on with Caley if you want. 

I can understand incomers or non locals calling the  team Caley, however invernessians who do so are complete and utter halfwits. 

Dougal

• Funny 2
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, dougal said:

I can understand incomers or non locals calling the  team Caley, however invernessians who do so are complete and utter halfwits. 

Dougal

Let it go, ICT sounds like a class in high school. What other teams limit their team name to initials? 

Caley, Thistle, Caley Thistle. All fine in my opinion. 

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 1

2 hours ago, ICTPaisley said:

Let it go, ICT sounds like a class in high school. What other teams limit their team name to initials? 

Caley, Thistle, Caley Thistle. All fine in my opinion. 

Sorry paisley I genuinely respect you but I won’t let it go I will take this one to my grave and nothing will change me even over exuberant moderating on here!

I never picked the name the board did. I think it should have been Inverness United or city or plain Inverness. 
When you have more County fans that have an IV post code than ICT fans then there is something fundamentally wrong with the DNA. 

Dougal

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 2

52 minutes ago, Duke of Inverness said:

I'm from North Kessock. Am I an 'incomer' or 'non local'? 😃

You are certainly more local than the site admin, moderating team and the majority of predominant posters on here anyway.

Respect Duke 👍

Regards

Dougal

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, STFU said:

I agree with many things you've posted, dougal, but your comments on this thread are nothing but bigoted nonsense, and have no place on here or anywhere.

Sorry I’m not following you if it wasn’t for the amount of incomers there would be no ICT so I applaud them fervently. 
My gripe is the lack of invernessian input or support so I’m targeting the locals that don’t attend or engage. 

Dougal

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, dougal said:

Sorry paisley I genuinely respect you but I won’t let it go I will take this one to my grave and nothing will change me even over exuberant moderating on here!

I never picked the name the board did. I think it should have been Inverness United or city or plain Inverness. 
When you have more County fans that have an IV post code than ICT fans then there is something fundamentally wrong with the DNA. 

Dougal

Why wouldn't County fans have an IV postcode? 🤣

Screenshot_20240225_155040_Maps.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 2
  • Funny 5

Dougal - you are flogging a dead horse.  The days of 1994 are long gone.  Give up, or move to Ross County.  

On 2/18/2024 at 10:53 AM, tm4tj said:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, LeedsSeasider said:

Hi everyone,

Welcome - Leeds supporter!  My beloved nephew, sadly deceased, was an avid Leeds supporter (despite living in Nottinghamshire), so I’ve also supported Leeds from afar.   You are welcome here any time and I hope you keep in touch with us ICT supporters.  

• Like 5

On 2/25/2024 at 9:37 PM, lizi said:

Welcome - Leeds supporter!  My beloved nephew, sadly deceased, was an avid Leeds supporter (despite living in Nottinghamshire), so I’ve also supported Leeds from afar.   You are welcome here any time and I hope you keep in touch with us ICT supporters.  

If 'LeedsSeasider' has read this thread he's probably thought, Jesus I'm giving those bumpkins a wide birth from now on. 😂

• Agree 4
  • Funny 1

Welcome Leeds Supporter. Sincerely hope some these comments haven't changed your mind. Keep following.

I always remember the welcome I got on my first visit back in the early 90's when it was Caledonian F.C. I also remember the welcome i got when I first joined this forum. I was invited back to the Caley Inn after a game (now, sadly, gone to the history books) and I was never allowed to buy a drink. Amazing welcome. How times have changed. 

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

On 2/25/2024 at 3:52 PM, Fraz said:

Why wouldn't County fans have an IV postcode? 🤣

Screenshot_20240225_155040_Maps.jpg

Good point well made Fraz.

You know what I find galling is when you walk around Inverness you see more kids wearing County tops than ICT

Old firm tops in Sneck are getting less thankfully but they seem to be getting replaced by County.

Dougal

Not my experience, I see plenty of shirt wearing young scrotes kicking about in Caley tops, and can't recall seeing many young Gypos clad in County colours.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, STFU said:

Not my experience, I see plenty of shirt wearing young scrotes kicking about in Caley tops, and can't recall seeing many young Gypos clad in County colours.

Arm the arm holes in County tops bigger than average so they can get their 6 fingered hands through them?

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2024 at 1:11 PM, STFU said:

You are obviously frequenting the more affluent/middle class areas of Sneck then I would suggest. 

Working class /communities you are more likely to see County, Clach and other SPL tops. 

Dougal

• Disagree 1