Our squad next season

More than the required £5k raised by Shane. Some big names in amongst those making donations. I wonder if our club is now suitably embarrassed enough? It makes me pig sick and the longer this goes on the more what's left of our reputation lies in tatters. At this rate it will take more than a few years, decades in fact, to repair links with fans and the community. Never in my life, 30 years of professional working life, have I seen such total mismanagement within an organisation. Gardiner needs to leave the club now!

• Like 1
  • Well Said 1

15 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

If we do survive, question number 1 for a player or agent - Can I get a copy of your player injury insurance please?

Question  number 2 for player or agent - who in league one has player injury insurance 

Edited by ICTPaisley

37 minutes ago, ICTPaisley said:

Question  number 2 for player or agent - who in league one has player injury insurance 

It honestly surprises me that clubs don't have insurance, I would imagine that insurance comes in the form of medical with wage protection as well. Don't want to be paying a players wages when they are sitting out not contributing. Would be a bit heartless for any player or any club to have to go on statutory if they were injured in the course of their work.

30 minutes ago, EvilWhiteStripe said:

It honestly surprises me that clubs don't have insurance, I would imagine that insurance comes in the form of medical with wage protection as well. Don't want to be paying a players wages when they are sitting out not contributing. Would be a bit heartless for any player or any club to have to go on statutory if they were injured in the course of their work.

It's pretty standard for Premier league level. But as you go down the leagues the cost becomes prohibitive with regard to your income level .  As we have all seen recently insurance is another thing that has gone through the roof . It can also be the case that squad cover can be obtained but certain players may be omitted to keep the cost down due to high risk levels.

Just been told that we were previously paying in the region of £50k a year for player medical insurance.  Decision was taken to bring in a sports science to try and prevent injuries and insurance was cancelled.

Another decision that's worked out well!

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, ClickbaitProponent said:

That article was back in 2018 so it's good to see that the SFA have done bugger all to rectify it - as usual.

In this case I would say that it isn't for the SFA to mandate for.

The Players Union should absolutely be advocating for it, and should possibly even be looking into a collective agreement with medical providers that covers all the players it represents.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

22 minutes ago, STFU said:

Just been told that we were previously paying in the region of £50k a year for player medical insurance.  Decision was taken to bring in a sports science to try and prevent injuries and insurance was cancelled.

Another decision that's worked out well!

Interesting info. A sports scientist ought to bring numerous benefits to the squad, one of which is hopefully a reduction in certain types of injury, which would obviously be a good thing for the team.

As for the insurance, in general, not insuring something is usually the most cost effective option, ie premiums usually exceed the amounts you claim. That is for the simple reason that insurers price their policies as the amount they expect to pay out in claims, plus the costs of processing claims and all their corporate overheads, their profit margins and then insurance premium tax on top of all that. Many types of insurance therefore cost the customer about double the level of claims, so it usually pays for a company to just take the hit as and when something bad happens - which is fine, if you actually have the money when the time arises. We didn’t.

6 hours ago, EvilWhiteStripe said:

The Players Union should absolutely be advocating for it, and should possibly even be looking into a collective agreement with medical providers that covers all the players it represents.

I seem to recall that back in early 2000s when i was running a team in the amateur league (IDAFA) it became mandatory for us to pay a fee to the SAFA for player insurance. Surprised there is not something mandatory at club, or player union level ... obviously not, given Aaron (and Shane's) experience, just surprising.  

44 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

We have had stories from players out of contract. But what about those who had contracts? Have their contracts in effect been terminated by the actions of their employer? 

Assuming that their employer - ICT, since I don't know the precise legal name - is still in existence, then there is no reason why contracts would have been automatically terminated.

And since there have apparently been no communications with players, then there seems little likelihood that contracts have been terminated by mutual consent or by the club.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I seem to recall that back in early 2000s when i was running a team in the amateur league (IDAFA) it became mandatory for us to pay a fee to the SAFA for player insurance. Surprised there is not something mandatory at club, or player union level ... obviously not, given Aaron (and Shane's) experience, just surprising.  

Huh, this I didn't know. I wonder if it was something that was limited to Amateur leagues as I imagine the protections are a lot lower.

I still stand by my belief that if anyone should be mandating insurance, it should be down to the Players Union. I mean, I have insurance as an amateur golfer through the Irish Golf Union since they have collective bargaining power. I could imagine that there would be a private insurance out there that would offer the same through the Football Union.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, EvilWhiteStripe said:

Huh, this I didn't know. I wonder if it was something that was limited to Amateur leagues as I imagine the protections are a lot lower.

I still stand by my belief that if anyone should be mandating insurance, it should be down to the Players Union. I mean, I have insurance as an amateur golfer through the Irish Golf Union since they have collective bargaining power. I could imagine that there would be a private insurance out there that would offer the same through the Football Union.

I don't recall the details as it was close to the time I was emigrating but there was quite the controversy, because it was a per-person cost for your team and being amateur it would put most of them under a lot of strain. The IDAFA was pretty vocal against it and I think this was one of the straws that eventually broke the camel's back in terms of Inverness' membership of the SAFA and eventual withdrawal/expulsion from it. If memory serves me correctly, I think it might have been limited to liability insurance in case your player hurt another team's player rather than insuring your own team's individual players for medical expenses.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I don't recall the details as it was close to the time I was emigrating but there was quite the controversy, because it was a per-person cost for your team and being amateur it would put most of them under a lot of strain. The IDAFA was pretty vocal against it and I think this was one of the straws that eventually broke the camel's back in terms of Inverness' membership of the SAFA and eventual withdrawal/expulsion from it. If memory serves me correctly, I think it might have been limited to liability insurance in case your player hurt another team's player rather than insuring your own team's individual players for medical expenses.

Oh man, good old liability insurance. Destroying many a great thing that is.

On 6/13/2024 at 12:26 PM, EvilWhiteStripe said:

Ultimately, it is down to the SFA. They are the ones who can add it to the compliance rule book.

• Well Said 1

Until we hear otherwise, according to our stats, this is where we stand at the moment regarding our squad for season 2024-2025

If anyone knows otherwise, please let us know.

Still Contracted as far as we know ✅

• Daniel DEVINE - Contract expired Now, possible contract extension triggered?
  • Nikola UJDUR - Contracted to end of 2025 (out of favour or what?)
  • Adam BROOKS - Contracted to end 2025
  • Billy MCKAY - Contracted to end 2025 (possibly 2024 with options)
  • Luis LONGSTAFF - Contracted to end of 2025
  • Charlie GILMOUR  Contracted to end of 2025
  • Lewis NICOLSON - Contracted to end of 2025 (Injured)
  • Jake DAVIDSON - On Loan to Hamilton, Contracted to end of 2025

Various Youth Players Loaned Out or used during this season Most likely all contracted until end of this season. (unsure of some who only filled in when we were short) :shrug:

• Jonathan BAIN - Contract not known
  • Shae KEOGH - Contract not known
  • Calum MACKAY - Loan out to Nairn County Contract expired Now
  • Lewis MACKIE - Contract not known
  • Calum MACLEOD - Contract expiry believed to be end of 2025
  • Ben MEACHER - Contract not known
  • Alistair NIXON - Contract not known
  • Sam NIXON - Loaned out to Nairn, Contract expiry believed to be end 2025
  • Sam THOMPSON - Contract not known
  • Jack WALKER - Loaned out to Nairn, Contract end is believed to be end 2025

Loans Expired or Contract Expired ❌:shrug:

• Max ANDERSON - Loan end of season
  • Morgan BOYES - Loan end of season
  • James CARRAGHER - Loan end of season
  • Aribim PEPPLE - Loan end of season
  • Alex SAMUEL - Loan end of season
  • Sean MCALLISTER - Loan end of season
  • Cameron KERR - Loan end of season
  • Samson LAWAL - Loan end of season
  • Jeremiah CHILOKOA-MULLEN - Loan & Injured
  • Remi SAVAGE - Out of Contract (6month)
  • Austin SAMUELS - Contract ended? (not known)
  • Nathan SHAW - Injured Contract expired Now
  • Mark RIDGERS - Contract expired Now
  • Wallace DUFFY - Contract expired Now
  • Roddy MACGREGOR - Contract expired Now
  • Harry LODOVICA - Injured Contract up for discussion?
  • Aaron DORAN - Injured Contract expired Now
  • Lewis HYDE - Loaned out to Brora, Contract expired Now?
  • Keith BRAY - Loaned out to Elgin City, Contract expired Now?
  • Ethan CAIRNS - Loaned out to Banks O' Dee, Contract expired Now?
  • Matthew STRACHAN - Loaned out to Nairn County, Contract expired Now?
  • Robbie THOMPSON - Loaned out to Spartans, Contract expired Now?

Players Already Gone :wave:

• Cameron HARPER - Contract expired, off to Carlisle United
  • Cammy MACKAY  Contract expired off to Brora Rangers on a 3 year deal.
  • Harry Hennem  Left in January, signed 1.5 year deal at Nairn County.
  • Max RAM  Gone.
  • David CARSON  Gone to Livingston.
  • Zak DELANEY  Gone to Arbroath.
  • Cillian SHERIDAN  Went to Queens Park, now free agent.
  • Sean WELSH  Gone to Queens Park.
  • David WOTHERSPOON  Gone free agent after Dundee United.
  • Like 2
  • Thank You 2