Kelty/ Is this a joke - merged thread

33 minutes ago, Drake said:

We went Full time at the start of the 1997/98 season.  Our first season in 2nd Division / League 1.  The seasons before that in 3rd Division / League 2 we may have been part time but there was some serious cash being splashed.  We were even in the position to pay transfer fees.  The quality of the Highland League was much higher then as well.  We could sign the likes of Ian Stewart, Brian Thompson, Mike Teasdale etc etc and they could all do a great job in the bottom two leagues.  Now, the Highland League just isn't producing these types of players.  But yes, I believe we were able to pay higher wages in the early years than we are currently able to do in 2024.  

Less wages, less appeal, higher logistical costs for moving, worse economy and less talent in the Highland League in 2024.  Our competitors have the pick of the best and biggest proportion of the population and can even offer less money and they will still have the upper hand in signing them.  

The point is the club aren't moving lock stock and barrel to Glasgow.  Nor, are they offering stupidly high wages.  This isn't about money.  It's about getting the right players in to WIN. 

I hate to spoil your wee rant, But having a manager that can get the right players, get them playing with passion (we used to!) And using the correct tactics, This is something we don't have at the moment.

Having a bus load of South based players arriving at the stadium the same time as a bus load of players from the south arriving, Then both bus loads head off down south at 6pm dies not impress me one bit.

• Agree 6

Talking of busses.  That will be another local long term backer (D&E Coaches) getting the two fingers as we'll now be giving money to a central belt based coach company to drive the team to all games.

• Like 1

I'm genuinely in a daze how the pillocks in charge are even remotely in a shout of a job at the club. One glance at Twitter and NONE of the tweets responding to it are positive. Absolute PR Suicide when you've fans, politicians, and ex (and presumably current) players all showing their sheer distain for the crapfest thats happened.

Supporters Trust meeting will certainly be a lively event...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Drake said:

I hate to break it to you that many Caley Thistle fans don't post on here at all.  Many will read, many won't even bother.  But times like this will make more quiet fans like me want to say something.  I have no idea who the other two names are that you mention but i supported Caley and I have supported Caley Thistle since the merger.  My opinion is not less worth than people who type words on a keyboard more often than me.  

I’m not sure how long CTO has been going. A very long time. Have you never felt compelled in the last 30 years to post as there has been many topics I’m sure deserving of your input. Maybe I’m just an old cynic and find it strange how you join now and basically tell us all that the club are right in everything they do 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Well Said 4

1 hour ago, jagster said:

I always find it strange that people like drake and charleyfarly or achfary appear out of nowhere to completely try and validate the clubs position new members new posts and try and tell us all that we should accept the clubs point of view   Vested interest I reckon 

I don’t see where I have said it should be accepted.  I am trying to work out the board’s motives - true - but only because that is where the truth will be (my last post was about following the money, other posts nowhere near to be seen as accepting it)

Been around long enough to have attended Caley games, but if you want a closed shop, be my guest! 

10 minutes ago, jagster said:

I’m not sure how long CTO has been going. A very long time. Have you never felt compelled in the last 30 years to post as there has been many topics I’m sure deserving of your input. Maybe I’m just an old cynic and find it strange how you join now and basically tell us all that the club are right in everything they do 

"tell us all that the club are right in everything they do"  

I've only commented on this specific topic as you clearly point out as well.  So your statement makes no sense.  I just want what's best for the club, and that is the club going back up the leagues again.  This is a clearly a positive step to help with recruitment.

If fans however, en mass want to challenge it and demand that the club just carries on what they are doing for the sake of some sort of Highland togetherness feeling and if the fans are content that this approach will most likely lead to staying in the lower leagues then so be it.  It appears that the majority on here would rather we stayed in the seaside leagues and try and patch together the youth.  We have had few good youth players but nowhere near enough to build a winning team right now.  We have such an unambitious support.  At home games it's weird.  Surreal.  Fans are vocal.  They are very VERY vocal at voicing criticism of the referee for example if he makes a mistake.  Or if they are unhappy with a substitution etc.  So there is clearly some sort of passion there.  But we score a goal and its a small cheer, maybe 15 seconds of clapping and everyone sits down again.  The club make a positive approach to sign players and there's utter meltdown.  I've seen comments on Twitter with fans saying they'd rather be in the Highland League etc etc.  Crazy.  Is there any other club in the entire country with such an unambitious support?!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 3

7 minutes ago, Achfary said:

I don’t see where I have said it should be accepted.  I am trying to work out the board’s motives - true - but only because that is where the truth will be (my last post was about following the money, other posts nowhere near to be seen as accepting it)

Been around long enough to have attended Caley games, but if you want a closed shop, be my guest! 

Sorry no offence was meant. No closed shop. 

• Like 1

@Drake I’m really not trying to get into an argument with you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Personally I hardly think moving to Fife to sign who?  We will be still getting loanees from who knows where and playing the same crap boring football under Ferguson that we watched every week last season at home. The difference is that we will be based miles from home during the week and back here to play games. And what happens if we manage to come straight back up. Are all these superstar central belt players going to relocate. I’m sorry but this has Gardiners 💩💩 all over it and not for me I’m afraid to say. 

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

**** off out of our club

Excuse me, I have been a Season Ticket holder since 1994.  I won't be going anywhere!  We all have our opinions on this matter, and i am expressing mine.  Just because you have a different opinion to me, i'm not going to tell you to stop supporting the club!  

• Agree 3

his thread seems to have migrated from needing players to train locally to now they need to be H&I indigenous too.

Be keen for any of the statos out there to tell us when the last time ICT put out a full 11 of highlanders?

• Thoughtful 1

9 minutes ago, Drake said:

Excuse me, I have been a Season Ticket holder since 1994.  I won't be going anywhere!  We all have our opinions on this matter, and i am expressing mine.  Just because you have a different opinion to me, i'm not going to tell you to stop supporting the club!  

You can keep on supporting it.  We just don't want you running it.

• Funny 2

17 minutes ago, Drake said:

"tell us all that the club are right in everything they do"  

I've only commented on this specific topic as you clearly point out as well.  So your statement makes no sense.  I just want what's best for the club, and that is the club going back up the leagues again.  This is a clearly a positive step to help with recruitment.

If fans however, en mass want to challenge it and demand that the club just carries on what they are doing for the sake of some sort of Highland togetherness feeling and if the fans are content that this approach will most likely lead to staying in the lower leagues then so be it.  It appears that the majority on here would rather we stayed in the seaside leagues and try and patch together the youth.  We have had few good youth players but nowhere near enough to build a winning team right now.  We have such an unambitious support.  At home games it's weird.  Surreal.  Fans are vocal.  They are very VERY vocal at voicing criticism of the referee for example if he makes a mistake.  Or if they are unhappy with a substitution etc.  So there is clearly some sort of passion there.  But we score a goal and its a small cheer, maybe 15 seconds of clapping and everyone sits down again.  The club make a positive approach to sign players and there's utter meltdown.  I've seen comments on Twitter with fans saying they'd rather be in the Highland League etc etc.  Crazy.  Is there any other club in the entire country with such an unambitious support?!

Words fail me. We have one of the most loyal supports. A lot of us don't live in Inverness but do home and away games at considerable expense. Maybe start supporting the OF of you want a large noisy support? We are passionate about our club and are going to fight for the soul of if 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Yngwie said:

5 hours ago, Yngwie said:

The majority of Scottish footballers will not seriously consider relocating to Inverness, certainly not for a mediocre salary and a 1 or 2 year deal. We are therefore fishing in a much smaller pond than our competitors, that is the sad reality.

That’s right, the dream of every Scottish footballer is to ply their trade in Kelty.

• Funny 3

22 minutes ago, Drake said:

I just want what's best for the club, and that is the club going back up the leagues again.  This is a clearly a positive step

You realise that if, by some miracle, this move is a success and we start moving up again, then management will claim that it is because of the move...  and the team will  NEVER move back to Inverness?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caley100 said:

More like Charlie...   comedian!

Haha - just got that one. 🤣 But this Drake must be a Francis and the first CTO member to circumcise the globe. Pretty good fisherman though and even more anonymous than Dougal.

4 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

You realise that if, by some miracle, this move is a success and we start moving up again, then management will claim that it is because of the move...  and the team will  NEVER move back to Inverness?

Never again will we be singing the Highlands are ours 🥲🥲

1 minute ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Haha - just got that one. 🤣 But this Drake must be a Francis and the first CTO member to circumcise the globe. Pretty good fisherman though and even more anonymous than Dougal.

Actually convinced this is Ross? He has actual facts so not a Dougal 

• Like 1

This is the first step on the demise of the club. No one on the board has an emotional attachment to the club only financial. This will be the first step in the greater plan. 
We all know we will be Kelty ICT FC in time based in the south and our stadium will be sold for development.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Drake said:

The point is the club aren't moving lock stock and barrel to Glasgow.  Nor, are they offering stupidly high wages.  This isn't about money.  It's about getting the right players in to WIN. 

Scot/Ross/whoever you are - read the room.  I can't believe how wide of the mark you are.  As fans, much as we love the team to win, it's not the be all and end all.  We want a club we can be proud of, who represents both us as fans and the wider community as a whole.  We want a team on the pitch who are committed to Inverness, whether that's league one or premiership.  This whole situation is f*£#ed up beyond belief. 

• Like 2
  • Well Said 4
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Drake said:

I am just not seeing it like that.  Yes, literally the first team will be training in Fife.  But youth teams are all still training in Inverness.  Every other department will still be in Inverness.  For logistical and recruitment reasons having the first team train out of the City really doesn't bother me if it helps improve recruitment.  The Club is still in Inverness.

I appreciate this is completely different but I have the exact same feeling towards this as I do about Scotland international players playing elsewhere such as England.  John McGinn is based in England and pops up to Scotland every now and again to represent Scotland.  I really don't care.  Similarly, I really don't care where our first team meet up to train either.  They'll come together elsewhere but every Saturday home and away they will be representing us the fans.

How do you know what’s happening with the youth teams and the apprentices? The statement was so vague. No players, parents or indeed youth coaches knew anything about this. I believe Ryan Esson only found out on holiday. The parents of these kids who have signed apprenticeship deals know nothing. It’s the most shoddy, unprofessional operation I have ever heard of.  
as for arguments about the strength of the players in Highland league and our youth set up …look jus North and Brora beating Hearts not that long ago. There’s seriously good players up here and that is who ICT should be channeling their efforts into getting with the addition of some players from England/ireland - they don’t care about The central belt against the Highlands. We have flights home to most big cities. I’m sick of this pandering to the central belt nonsense. We’ve spent our (I certainly have) fighting this idea that they’re better than us. They are not. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

1 hour ago, Drake said:

I just want what's best for the club, and that is the club going back up the leagues again.  This is a clearly a positive step to help with recruitment.

I want that as well, but I think I can speak for near enough everyone here in saying that we'd rather be loafing in League One with a locally focused side rather than the circus thats being ran today

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 1