Kelty/ Is this a joke - merged thread

What will instalment 3 contain? I suspect what we hear next will be even more exciting.

This decision would have been taken some time back. Gardiner believe's like Alan Sugar that the club should think outside the box. In his mind 'Poor home form because of poor atmosphere. Let's build on our good away form. Let's drive anyone living in the Inverness area on a massive journey for coaching or training to meet up with others in a new alien environment. Who cares if we lose masses of supporters at home games. We will soon be rich. ' Duncan Ferguson with a Freudian slip recently said something like ' given our poor home form we plan to drive the team on a D and E coach out of the Highlands and bring them back as if it were an away game.....'

Let's hope Ross County beat Raith. 

Posted (edited)

The reaction on Facebook, Twitter, and across UK media (Sun, Independent, BBC) and Tom English’s incredulity goes to show this board decision has brought the club into disrepute.

It also is a direct and objective counter to the obvious paranoia and disdain held by the board towards the support, which they may have felt would insulate them from looking at the fallout.  It is universally being rejected, by those who know football and who are better judges than Gardiner and Morrison et al.

What is also now possible is that to save face (at least in front of the national media), their egos do an about turn and call it off - and in doing so needlessly sink a significant amount of much needed cash flow to break the contract with Kelty.  

Either way, ICT has been made a laughing stock and source of ridicule by the board; their decision making ability and ‘fit and proper status’ is now completely undermined and someone, somewhere in the ownership structure has to do the honorable thing and step up, be accountable, or else be as associated with the mess as much as the CEO and Chairman. 

Edited by Achfary
  • Like 2
  • Well Said 3

For all the fact our board seem to be clueless You have to admire the Kelty one   Played a blinder getting us to give them finances for their budget. You really couldn’t make it up. Comedy of errors 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

"If" this does happen and "if" we got promotion next season, what happens then, Will everyone relocate back to inverness? Or is this a permanent thing.

I still can't get my head around this 😧

• Like 2

This statement is bullshit. The grounds for it don't stack up. The logistics don't stack up. The costs don't stack up. So precisely what is going on?

When Butcher was manager we attracted a whole team from the lower leagues in England because we had the right people to make it happen in Butcher, Malpas, Marsala and Kenny Cameron. They came here in complete contrasts to the reasons being given right now. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that the present regime are simply not the right people.

Saying that this is totally unexpected is not realistic. This is just the latest in a series of questionable judgements from management, executives and the Board. 

So just exactly what is going on?

• Well Said 2

39 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Don't think that's the case anymore? 

In the Battery Farm thread someone, I think it might have been Charles B, posted a grab of the biggest shareholders in the club.  The biggest shareholder, by far, is the Tulloch/Sutherland owned ICT Trust.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, davie said:

When Butcher was manager we attracted a whole team from the lower leagues in England because we had the right people to make it happen in Butcher, Malpas, Marsala and Kenny Cameron. They came here in complete contrasts to the reasons being given right now. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that the present regime are simply not the right people.

I guess the difference is that in the past we were able to offer players the chance to step UP in standard, and to increase their wages. We paid good money that made it worthwhile relocating for.

Now all we can offer players is to come and play in League 1 for what in many cases would perhaps be little more than they could earn in a minimum wage full time job. Much less appealing.

Sad times for us.

Edited by Yngwie
  • Like 1
  • Well Said 2

Logistically and financially this can't add up.

Whatever players are left after all the other central belt teams have had their first pick, are they honestly gonna be improve on what we have had over the last 5 years or so.

We need to develop our own players and to say this is proving difficult is bullshit. It was only a couple of seasons ago that we had 4 called up for the Scotland U21s. 

The talent is up here if the management could be arsed to develop it and not take the lazy route of 9 loanees on the pitch  at any one time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

18 minutes ago, ictchris said:

In the Battery Farm thread someone, I think it might have been Charles B, posted a grab of the biggest shareholders in the club.  The biggest shareholder, by far, is the Tulloch/Sutherland owned ICT Trust.

The post is here

The biggeset shareholder is the Trust, not entirely sure who controls it.  Variouspeople named as officers of it, including David Stewart, who was MP at the time.  Previously David Sutherland was involved, as was Ken Mackie.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ictchris said:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC211723/officers

It's now controlled by those behind Muirfield Mills

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ictchris said:

That’s 729,000 shares (just below 15% of the total), donated by Tulloch to the Charitable Trust so no longer in Tullochs’ ownership. The Supporters’ Trust also has a different category of holding, pegged to giving it 10% if any voting rights. These are the biggest holdings by single parties. I don't have the overall list to hand but the breakdown depends on what kind of alliances might be expected. For instance the Sutherland family aggregate quite a few but nothing close to a majority. There’s also a significant Savage/Orion block and a McGilvray block plus one or two others. However the biggest group aggregate seems to lie with Muirfield Mills consortium with around 18% (approx 900,000 shares) but no-one is close to having a controlling interest.

• Like 1
  • Thank You 1

Posted (edited)

It will be some laugh if we draw County in Inverness in the Scottish Cup in January and the game is postponed because the home team can't travel 130 miles up the snowbound A9 😠

Edited by SteveA2
  • Funny 4

48 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Is that the Trust David Stewart chair off? 

20 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

That’s 729,000 shares (just below 15% of the total), donated by Tulloch to the Charitable Trust so no longer in Tullochs’ ownership. The Supporters’ Trust also has a different category of holding, pegged to giving it 10% if any voting rights. These are the biggest holdings by single parties. I don't have the overall list to hand but the breakdown depends on what kind of alliances might be expected. For instance the Sutherland family aggregate quite a few but nothing close to a majority. There’s also a significant Savage/Orion block and a McGilvray block plus one or two others. However the biggest group aggregate seems to lie with Muirfield Mills consortium with around 18% (approx 900,000 shares) but no-one is close to having a controlling interest.

I believe the ST also hold some other shares over the 10% and several proxies 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Feel far far sadder this evening than after relegation. If this plan comes to fruition then the club I supported is gone. All dreams and hopes have vanished. Will not support a random bunch of journeymen who could be playing on a football field anywhere with no connection whatsoever to Inverness and the Highlands.

Edited by IT86
  • Like 2
  • Agree 6

That's me done with this joke of a Club just when i thought they could not shock me anymore i agree with previous post of Gardiner & Ferguson both finished in football after this and Ross Morrison you are a weak ,pathetic little man trusting that pair. The club  are not getting a penny out of me while this lot are still at the club .

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

When I first read the statement my immediate reaction was 'kinda makes sense and not make sense'. Now the dust has settled a little I can safely say I think I've witnessed the death of our club today. We are a shambles and no longer 'Pride of the Highlands', more a laughing stock. The club is nothing without supporters. Dropping down to League 1 was bad enough but this puts the cherry on the icing of the cake. The club needs a clear out, an 'Uncle Roy' and a miracle. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

2 minutes ago, dougiedanger said:

What happens to the players and staff who have somehow managed to find digs in the Sneck?

Do none of them have partners, kids or friends in the toon, or does that not matter?

F*ck em 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, forresjags said:

Is this Ferguson's bright idea, clearly he didn't rate the young players couldn't ship them out on loan quick enough. 

Wouldn't be surprised.  Young players were already told to train on their own, away from first team, by Ferguson. They were therefore becoming very disillusioned. 

As for this ridiculous proposal,  well I'm afraid that's me done with the club. I was at the first league game in 1994 and a season ticket holder for over 20 years.  I cannot realistically renew my season ticket after this.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Well Said 2
  • Sad 2