• 2 weeks later...

No doubt ICT will time the release of any statements to tomorrow around 8PM UK time so that we are all suitably distracted ... but f*** it, time to shift focus to what is hopefully Ryan Christie's 50th cap for Scotland and dare I say it, with things so bleak at ICT, a better chance of a positivity coming out of Munich than the Longman!!!

Currently sitting in the office with a Spotify playlist blasting Scotland/football related tunes in my ear. Not getting much work done as I am watching the videos all over Twitter of the Tartan Army in Munich and wishing I was there. (in my defence - it is lunchtime here). Have also been scouring Toronto for some car flags, and this week have had my son belting out the Tartan Specials "We'll Be Coming" in the car and now he knows all the words 🙂 Job Done - heard him tell his pals "We play Germany on Friday" and extolling how well we might do. The Tartan Army ethos and optimism has been indoctrinated into him now 🙂

Even the guy who does the pixellot stuff at his football team said to me last night he has Ryan in his FC24 video game team. Apparently if we win, Ryan gets an instant skill boost of +20 to 93, whatever that means! 

• Like 3

On 6/1/2024 at 5:30 PM, snorbens_caleyman said:

We will be in Gran Canaria from 8-15 June, in a hotel which we've been to before. 

That means our last night will be in front of a telly, watching the opening game.

This hotel is very popular with Germans   :scotland::hiding:

We're in the sports bar.  Full of Germans.  Will find the other Scots when we score  :bouncyblue::scotland:

What the heck was that opening ceremony all about?

Disappointing result your boys and not the best performance. At least you can be proud you smashed the anthem singing.

I though Ryan had a good game and would have done better if he got the service he needed. That was prevented by the Germans I feel.

Chin up guys, you can always laugh at England on Sunday.

Proud moment for Ryan to be getting his 50th cap on this stage, and he’d earned a start based on his recent Scotland performances. I thought he contributed very little last night though, but you could say the same about so many players. Usually the midfield is our best feature, our only asset really, but we were outdone tactically too and the manager should perhaps have been changing things after 15 minutes. It was so painful to watch even before the red card. I saw a match stat that we only managed 2 touches in the opposition box, both headers. I’m pretty sure the likes of San Marino and Gibraltar would expect to do better than that against even the top nations!

• Sad 1

They did very well indeed, Robert.  Gave the Aussies a real fright with then only having 2 balls to spare.  The match against England ended as a "no result" because of the rain, but Scotland had got off to a blistering start with the bat and had the rain not intervened they would certainly have tested England at the very least.  

• Like 1
  • Thank You 1