Tam McManus and Simon Mensing .

Dargo20

It wouldn't surprise me if either Simon Mensing of St Johnstone and Tam McManus of Dunfermline recieve a call in the next few days.

They both fit the bill as they are both out of contract with their current clubs (both have declined to sign new deals) and

most impotantly they would fit into our current wage structure.

Either or both of these players would be a welcome addition to our squad .

The courier today has a story about our interest in McManus. Could be a lot worse i suppose, he did seem to spark a mini-revival in the Dunfermilne team and he seemed to be pretty creative despite being somewhat annoying at times, i suppose he's one of those opposition players you hate but is good to have on your own team.

I used to think Burchill was wasted at Dunfermline and always thought he could do better but after seeing him at the tail end of last year (cant remember what game, think it was a mid week game, quite a few sending off's) make a horrific challenge which should of been a straight red my admiration for the player vanished. It was an evil cowardly challenge which could of ended the lads career.

I used to think Burchill was wasted at Dunfermline and always thought he could do better but after seeing him at the tail end of last year (cant remember what game, think it was a mid week game, quite a few sending off's) make a horrific challenge which should of been a straight red my admiration for the player vanished. It was an evil cowardly challenge which could of ended the lads career.

Well thank goodness McManus hasn't got any problems with his temper(!)

Watched McManus run 10 yards to take a kick at Barry Robson in a fit of rage(no bad thing some would say!),however it got him sent off  :33: and possibly cost us the game,if he does come to ICT i hope he disnae complete his relegation hat trick

Well thank goodness McManus hasn't got any problems with his temper(!)

There's a difference with having a temper and been plain evil, i think McManus has a very short fuse, like Ian Black. Temper channelled in the right way can act as an advantage. However i think Burchill displayed pure evil that night, he set out to hurt the guy, thats not having a bad temper its pure malice.

McManus is a terrific player, with the right managment (as Steven Kenny showed) he has the potential to be better than Dargo.

doesn't change the fact he is a complete fandango... could you imagine him and Black in the same starting 11??

If he betters the team does it matter? I'm sure many other teams in the SPL would label Black and Tokely fandango's too. From watching McManus in the past i can never say i was a fan and in fact shouted obscenities at him on at least one occasion however if he betters the team then why not!

There's a difference with having a temper and been plain evil, i think McManus has a very short fuse, like Ian Black. Temper channelled in the right way can act as an advantage. However i think Burchill displayed pure evil that night, he set out to hurt the guy, thats not having a bad temper its pure malice.

What would you class kicking an opponent in the balls and then stamping on his stomach as?  :015:

Pysh and Drivel has us down as being interested in Mcmanus and Mcintyre... no word of Mcmanus signing for Pars again though.

Mcintyre might be a good signing as well eh?

Tam McManus has a pretty poor scoring record over the last few seasons.  He scored six goals for Dundee in the First Division in 05/06 and scored twice last season in his games for the Pars and Falkirk.  I had always thought of him as, well, ***** but apparently he really did well for Dunfermline when he got a chance.  Perhaps he has realised that he is 26 and needs to try and make something of his career.  When we signed Dargo he hadn't scored many for a fewq seasons.

Jim McIntyre is 35, injury-prone, would cost a tansfer fee and is similar to what we already have.  No thanks!

Tam McManus looked really promising when he first came through at Hibs. He left the club having scored 19 goals in 109 appearances after a series of unsuccessful loan spells to join Dundee where he scored 10 in 37. He has been widely derided for his bad attitute and laziness, but looked to have increased his work-rate in the few games he played for Dunfermline.

Wouldn't be a bad replacement for McSwegan but not for Dargo. An out and out goalscorer would still be required.

Simon Mensing, as many will remember, was a fiercely competitive full-back in his Clyde days, not impartial to the occasional bit of ultra violence. He looked good as a midfielder for St. Johnstone last season, but that's not the area we need to strenghten.