FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Are You Happy With Our Summer?

EWS

I suppose the title is really the question of the topic. Are you happy with what Charlie has done over the summer. No home friendlies (although that was because of Elton John), no defeats in any of the frendlies (although whether or not that is a good thing, considering the standard of opponent), 2 signings and being linked with other players.

Now that we know that one of the Austrians and Marsh will not be signed, does Charlie have enough time to get in that CB to replace Dodds that we need. It seems that Deano will be good enough to replace Dargo, and Niculae may be useful either as a striker or as a midfield. I feel really confident this season, and although I doubt we will push for a European place, a top 6 is a real possibility this season. We have a strong team, and although we still need to get that CB, here's hoping we bring in someone good.

What are your thoughts?

If we can get a centre back on board then I think it's been a decent summer for ICT.

I might send a DVD of myself doing some keepie ups down to the stadium. See if I can get signed up.

Guest WynessLegend

I too feel confident about the coming season ...................... but a couple of decent defenders are urgently required.

I believe we have signed two very good forwards, if Charlie can complete the jigsaw with a couple of defenders of similar quality or promise, then he will have done an exceptional job!

I'm reasonably happy with the summer, i think the friendlies have proved useful in helping try out new things/different personell/younger players for Charlie, i notice he has reverted to a back 3 quite a few times and its always good to have a team that feel comfortable playing with a new formation/set of tactics/personell.

On the transfer front i'm pleased with Deano's signing, pleased with Cowie's signing and quite optimistic about Nicolae's high profile deal however the one thing i'm still worried about is our lack of defenders, a CB is a priority but even though we do get another CB our defence is still worryingly thin, one or two injuries and were fecked!

As for the open trial suggestion, i think it could work down in the central belt or in england-shire where there a loads of players released or looking for clubs however up here i think it would be difficult to find players at the level we need and would most likely find county of Highland league players chancing their luck.

Agreed about the weather! it sucks!

Going into the summer it didnt look good. doom, gloom and despondency. Charlie Christie was going to be found out ... blah, blah, blah ..... fast forward a few weeks and he has signed Don Cowie (ok, we knew about that) and also signed a player I think will be excellent ... Dean McDonald. Then he pulls off the Niculae signing (albeit with a large assist from the chairman) and also has players on trial from England, Austria and elsewhere for spots in either the first team or U19s.

Exciting prospects have been promoted from the youth squads - McDonald, Vigurs, Duff, Kerr & Wood - who have all shown up well in pre-season along with Zander who was promoted to the squad last year and may prove to be the most exciting of the lot in the coming season.

The job is not done yet. An experienced central defender is still required and if one is available and Charlie can sign him then it will have been a great rather than good summer.

One of the biggest and most ambitious signings in the club's history....

a young exciting pacey striker that has said all the right things so far and has showed already he knows where the net is...

Cowie.. well it wouldn't be a true transfer window if we didn't get at least one tink from across the bridge...

If we get a decent centre half it will be one of the most active the club has ever been in the transfer market!

It is encouraging to see the young guys getting a chance but I definitely think we are light at the back still

We'll only be able to tell when we get into the start of the season

I sent my video of me playing football off today. I hope CC is impressed with my no nonsense style of play and mean shot. I put in a beezer of a tackle on a French boy I play football with sending him crashing to the ground. I also slide in under pressure to force the ball home after a scramble following a corner kick showing I can be a threat up front as well cool.gif

I agree that getting in a centre half and we will have had a good summer signing wise. Even if we can get one in on loan as cover and have a look to signing one in January it might be worth it. Surely theres a few prem kids needing 1st team games.

I'd have liked to have seen us take on a sterner challenge than highland league teams and a Quatar u21 side but if CC is happy that it has got the lads sharp for the off, then I trust him.