FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

sectarian singing from the away fans

Guest paynis69

The defence, by the Rangers Board, appears to be 'It is a minority that causes this problem, what can we do'!

It was a minority of Rangers supporters that occupied the ICT end and they were quickly pointed out, to the stewards/police and were evicted.

Why therefore can the majority of the Rangers fans not follow this action and very quickly eradicate the problem.

Don't tell me that they will not take action against their own!!

I was at a final at Hampen and witnessed a Rangers 'supporter' throw an empty bottle at random, hitting a child and saw the guy being dropped from a great height HEAD FIRST, by his own support.

If points are at risk, they will drop the offenders, perhaps not head first, but they will be dropped in more ways than one, in my opinion.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to credit the supporters by the tunnel who sought to stop the singing by alerting the police stewards and the SPL delegate. It surprises me Ally McCoist suddenly went deaf.....'Ally McCoist has vowed to personally intervene if Rangers supporters are heard singing the crude songs which could scupper the club's ambitions in the SPL and Champions League.

The Rangers assistant manager joined forces with security chief Kenny Scott and Light Blues legend Sandy Jardine to urge supporters to desist from sectarian chanting in a renewed effort to improve the club's image with UEFA and across the board.

McCoist admits Rangers may never rid themselves of their sectarian element, but he has urged anyone with views which might be considered offensive to keep them private.

Ibrox chiefs are aware and fearful of the potential for Rangers being docked points, fined or even thrown out of competitions due to the behaviour of supporters.

Asked whether he would take action during a match, McCoist said: "I've got to stop it, of course I would.

"If my club is going to get docked three points I think it's the sensible thing to do, try to nip it in the bud straight away."

McCoist warned that supporters could cost Rangers their shot at glory if the minority continue to indulge in behaviour he insists they know is out of order.

"They have to come on board and come with us. We've already had this warning from UEFA and it's getting serious," he said.

"Once you start talking about getting points deducted - it's a hard enough job trying to win cups and win leagues as it is.

"We just can't afford any setbacks. Obviously we've been threatened with fines and things like that. We can't afford it to happen.'  See http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scott...cotspremiership

Tonight on TV his defence was we need to take action before we get docked points. Has judgement already been made in their favour?  If this was Inverness or St Mirren or Motherwell the full might of the SPL would hit us to prevent problems for other member clubs. Rangers should be docked points and forced to compensate member clubs for lost income if they ban their own loyal supporters from away grounds.

Ironic story from the local paper tonight here in Bristol, Headline reads:

BEASLEY CALLS FOR ACTION ON RACISM

Goes on to say that Rangers match winner DaMarcus Beasley insists UEFA and FIFA must take hard line stance against racism after he was targeted by FK Zeta fans making monkey noises during last nights Champions League tie. He is quoted as promising to discuss with Rangers whether the club should make an official complaint, and that this sort of thing should not happen in the 21st century, and he was sickend to hear the chants.

Wonder what he thought about the singing on Saturday ? And if he's told Rangers how he feels about that ?

Is sectarian singing on the same level as racist chanting ?

http://www.kickoutbigotry.org/index.php?n=62

I wonder if this will help improve things.

If the stewards and police know their number will be quoted in an official report submitted through the above site perhaps they'll be more pro-active.

I couldn't find the bit about the stewards?? :017:  It's too early in the morning!!!

If you look at the pdf section 'Sectarian Incident notification Form' there's a part that asks for the identity of the person notified of the incident...presumably, in the first instance that would be a steward. 

You might want to print off a copy of the form and have it handy next time the OF come visiting.

On the other hand I have no idea who is in charge of this system and it might be a load of twaddle.

:024:

The website belongs to a charity known as 'Football for all' and is supported by:

Action on Sectarianism

CERES

Don't give it, don't take it

Equality Forward

FARE

Fifpro

Kick It Out

Nil by Mouth

One Scotland

PFA Scotland

Scottish Executive

Scottish FA

Scottish Women's Football

SFL

SPL

SportScotland

Stamp Out Sectarianism

Supporters Direct

Uefa

Guys  these forms are useless they are for stats only and have no affect on anything.  I wasn't able to make the ranger game but if you want to get the authorities to be more pro active if you report an incident to them and they do nothing then go to the company or polices complaints department it will have more effect and the bosses will do more to make the stewards and police do more.