FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

sectarian singing from the away fans

Guest paynis69

Guest paynis69

yet again we have been visited by 1 of the glasgow scum, sitting there with their foriegn flags, singing abusive songs of religious hatred. and what punishment do they get? nothing. security and the police standing there just looking at them like numptys

meanwhile over in the home end, some poor 16 year old and his mates getting an earful from the stewards, then the police, just for standing to cheer on his team, no swear words in the song even.

why the **** are all the spl officials just turning a blind eye to this its a bloody disgrace. that game today was broadcast live on satalite all over the world, imagine what image that gives scottish football and scotland as a nation when people turn on the tv only to hear these bigoted songs.

i am ashamed of scottish football.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TinCanFan

Shouldn't this really be in the "Non-ICT" section and where were the foreign flags cause I didn't notice any.  And even though Rangers are Britain's most biggoted and idiotic club will they be penalised for the songs that they constantly love to sing?  Of course not because ICT stewards and the SFA go to bed in their Rangers pajamas and wouldn't dream of taking points away from their favourite team.

Good to see that quite a few of the huns got turfed out at the first goal anyway. We're not asking for miracles- just for the club to show that they take our complaints seriously. It's unavoidable that some of them will get tickets for our end, just don't let them take the piss.

I was in section G, North Stand in the first half and about 6 of them in row C got kicked out after Ferguson's first strike. Gave us something to cheer about anyway.

Also DJS said the same happened in section A in the main stand.

I'm going to be controversial here, but I didn't think the songs from the away end were particularly offensive today. I heard one chant of FTP but other than that nothing to get wound up about.

A lot of the songs had a religious slant to them, and maybe they could be called "sectarian", but singing "We'll guard old Derry's walls" or "If they go to Dublin we will follow on" certainly doesn't offend me in any way. Their most sectarian song was probably "Hello, hello, we are the billy boys" and I never heard it sung today. Almost all the songs sung were tolerable in my opinion. A lot of the people who critisize them on here probably don't know the words and just assume every Rangers song they hear is sectarian.

The Rangers fans may not be perfect, but I thought they were much improved on recent visits.

BTW, I'm talking about the fans in the South Stand here, not the idiots in the North Stand.

Oh naw....not another caley thistle rangers fan ! :tic01: :004:

Have seen enough o them the day !!!

How is 'FTP & the V' and 'the sash' deemed to be inoffensive ? The only way these songs could be got rid is if the police can somehow provide 2500 officers to physically remove the offenders!!! Until then we will only ever hear rangers fc pay lip service to eradicating these chants!

I'm going to be controversial here, but I didn't think the songs from the away end were particularly offensive today. I heard one chant of FTP but other than that nothing to get wound up about.

A lot of the songs had a religious slant to them, and maybe they could be called "sectarian", but singing "We'll guard old Derry's walls" or "If they go to Dublin we will follow on" certainly doesn't offend me in any way. Their most sectarian song was probably "Hello, hello, we are the billy boys" and I never heard it sung today. Almost all the songs sung were tolerable in my opinion. A lot of the people who critisize them on here probably don't know the words and just assume every Rangers song they hear is sectarian.

The Rangers fans may not be perfect, but I thought they were much improved on recent visits.

BTW, I'm talking about the fans in the South Stand here, not the idiots in the North Stand.

??????

Oh naw....not another caley thistle rangers fan ! :tic01: :004:

Have seen enough o them the day !!!

How is 'FTP & the V' and 'the sash' deemed to be inoffensive ? The only way these songs could be got rid is if the police can somehow provide 2500 officers to physically remove the offenders!!! Until then we will only ever hear rangers fc pay lip service to eradicating these chants!

I dealt with the FTP chant in my post. With regards to "the sash" I said that MOST songs were tolerable and that was one that perhaps wasn't.

A couple of decades back, drunken riots were the norm at football, so a song about some old battle 300 years ago really doesn't offend me because I'm not that prudish and easily offended unlike some others.

Oh naw....not another caley thistle rangers fan ! 

It must have been my user name that gave me away! I'll need to think of a better one.  ???

Well I'd rather go by what I saw and heard today rather than some Bebo site that could have been written by anybody.

I think it is important to take a balanced and unbiased view about the behaviour of Old Firm fans at our ground. We do not want to be labelled as bigots ourselves. Some of the posts on this site are bordering on bigotry. ie. the first post which refers to "Glasgow scum".

The Oxford Dictionary entry on "bigoted" is "unreasonably prejudiced and intolerant". Some of the posts on this site are sailing pretty close to the wind in this respect.

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=828705781 :33:

Was seen at the game today, part of the "Inverness" Rangers crowd not for the first time on Rangers visits.  :008:  :018: 

"from auldearn" with a "love of bigotry" and a "season ticket holder" at Ibrox :33: :33: :33: Banning Order should be Given! :33:

would be a more impressive page if the guy actually had the power of literacy ..... fenyin ???

Well I'd rather go by what I saw and heard today rather than some Bebo site that could have been written by anybody.

I think it is important to take a balanced and unbiased view about the behaviour of Old Firm fans at our ground. We do not want to be labelled as bigots ourselves. Some of the posts on this site are bordering on bigotry. ie. the first post which refers to "Glasgow scum".

The Oxford Dictionary entry on "bigoted" is "unreasonably prejudiced and intolerant". Some of the posts on this site are sailing pretty close to the wind in this respect.

ICT now I am getting the impression you're a rankers fan!

There were 2500 folk there the day spouting anti-catholic nonsense and yet you are highlighting 1 post on here that mentions "glasgow scum" ??????? :010:

So you would be quite happy for them to sing "Inverness Scum" for 90 minutes would you? That sort of thing seems to be ok then.

Like I said, it's important to be balanced and unbiased, otherwise your views are worth zip in others' eyes. I'm not jumping on the old-firm-hating bandwagon just because many people choose to. I'll view the evidence and make my own mind up regardless of what the majority opinion is.

That's my opinion and I stand by it. Feel free to disagree but stop calling me a closet Rangers fan.

Guest Atholl

So you would be quite happy for them to sing "Inverness Scum" for 90 minutes would you? That sort of thing seems to be ok then.

Like I said, it's important to be balanced and unbiased, otherwise your views are worth zip in others' eyes. I'm not jumping on the old-firm-hating bandwagon just because many people choose to. I'll view the evidence and make my own mind up regardless of what the majority opinion is.

That's my opinion and I stand by it. Feel free to disagree but stop calling me a closet Rangers fan.

ICT you made a valid point earlier with regard to peoples comprehension of many of the Songs Rangers fans sing and their comprehension of what constitutes Sectarianism so let me tell to where I stand as someone who was one of the first to post condemnation of "Sectarian singing" at yesterdays match. There were two chants of FTP & the V during the course of the 90 minutes which I deemed offensive. There was also their own rendition of Fields of Athenry which although I do not know the words I would hazard an educated guess that it glorifies the Potato Famine which occured in Ireland in the 1840s and led to the deaths of approximately 12% of the population of Ireland, most of which I imagine were Catholic. If a club came North and sung a song glorifying the Highland Clearances this would be offensive to the majority of ICT fans but as the song is aimed at another nations suffering we shrug our shoulders and say "what's the issue". It's a bit like the who cares about the Highland Clearances that was a long time ago and doesn't affect us mentality you would expect from those who don't understand the culture of the Highlands or what we value. The issue for me is this, big boys like you or me can tolerate this cretinous, for thats what it is, attitude to understanding history but our children, and my five year old son was with me yesterday should not in this day and age be told what they can or cannot do at a football match while watching and listening to this type of behaviour. It sends out mixed signals to the next generation and whether it was one chant or one continous 90 minute chant it's irrelevant. We, as responsible adults if nothing else have a responsibility to highlight this behaviour whether it happens in the High Street or the Stadium and that's the great anomaly of this issue. Resourcing means the Police take no action in the stadium yet you and I under new Scottish Executive recording standards can make a difference by making a complaint to the Police. They are duty bound to record this as an offence with a sectarian aspect "if we as a member of the public deem it to be so". If any Scottish Police force choose not to match the recording of the offence by taking any action their statistics should reflect this to the Scottish Executive.

Simply put our apathy in taking the appropriate action allows this to continue. It is after all  a West of Scotland Problem...... isn't it!!!

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=828705781 :33:

Was seen at the game today, part of the "Inverness" Rangers crowd not for the first time on Rangers visits.   :008:  :018: 

"from auldearn" with a "love of bigotry" and a "season ticket holder" at Ibrox :33: :33: :33: Banning Order should be Given! :33:

would be a more impressive page if the guy actually had the power of literacy ..... fenyin ???

He's very appropriately named

The fact is while all these old firm fans sing about religion and all the rest of it,  they have no real idea THEMSELVES what they're singing about.   Its just drummed into them from birth that they must believe in all the rubbish they sing about and that it should mean so much to them.   But the fact of the matter is,  how many Rangers and Celtic games are on on Sunday afternoons?  Every 2nd one!!  Now if i'm wrong about this correct me.   But if your that into religion that your singing songs and displaying banners and marching about it constantly.  If your that into it,  why are you not in church Sunday.

The stuff they come out with and sing in games is utter bile but i'm not offended by it as they don't even believe it themselves and half of them don't even know what its about.  Walking back into the town after the game there must have been a lad about 14 decked out in a union jack and England away shirt.   Why??   Its not that he's a religious bigot,  he doesn't have a clue about religion.  Its just that its been drummed into him to believing thats what being a Rangers fan is about.  Its just that he's totally uneductated  and his view of life is totally shaped by following a football team.

You do get some decent Rangers fans but they always seem to be few and far between!

Guest paynis69

if they started taking points off for secetarian singing that would maybe stop it. either that or the old firm would be goin for relegation, which would be funny.

wouldnt ever happen tho. the bank balances of the old firm wouldnt let it happen.

First point. Rangers FC will have to answer to the SFA after the refs report and police report are submitted. CCTV images will likely be forwarded to Rangers with the expectation that they take action against the perpretators. Rangers sold all tickets for the south stand so they know who they sold them to and video footage will show them the seats the perpretators were in. If no action is taken by Rangers then I expect sanctions be placed on the club.

Secondly, as someone who is totally nuetral to the history of the OF, I do not want, nor expect, to have to listen to songs that have nothing to do with football but in fact glorify the killing of human beings on the grounds of the religion they were born into. And I especially object to those songs being sung at the ground of a club that has absolutely no history of religious bias.