FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Petition for Stewart Paterson

TomCaleyJag

Are our Stewards really so soft that they can't just shrug off a few chants from kids and instead have to turn it in to a major incident.

I've done event security and worked as a doorman in the past and if I took offense and called in the police every time someone passed comment or shouted something in my direction then I'd never have been out of court and security companies wouldn't be going out of their way to have me work for them either as I'd be more hassle than I was worth.  Some jobs require you to be thick skinned and Stewarding is one of them, whether they like it or not.  If they can't hack a bit of ribbing then they should choose a different vocation.

I could perhaps understand if they were throwing things at the Stewards or behaving in a threatening manner but that was not the case.  This whole thing is something from nothing and I really do wonder how our Stewards would cope if they had real problems to deal with...oh no wait, I don't have to wonder, we see them turning their back on and ignoring the bile spouted by the OF on a regular basis, not to mention doing nothing when they choose to stand en-masse....and not even when they pack more people in to a stand than the safety certificate permits and some people have to stand as they don't have a seat!!!

You see, when it suits them, they can ignore the rules and the etiquette without any issue....funny that.

We were all well warned of these new football banning orders.  I am still of the understanding that it was the police who pursued this matter and not the club.  I could be wrong, but that is my understanding. As I have said elsewhere, I haven't been directly involved in this, only commenting on what I have heard.

Its rather cringeworthy that players names and players wifes names are appearing on the petition  :33:

If it is them then ok they are allowed their opinion, but if not then why are there names being used  :018: i mean seriously :017:

Exactly the reason that these online petitions are as much use as a handbrake on a supertanker.

A lifetime ban is harsh, I do not believe for one minute that the only offense this lad caused was to stand up during play however short of violent conduct, criminal damage or persistant offending I think that a life ban is OTT

From the petition:

His only crime was standing up and singing, attempting to give his team as much support as possible.

I heard [comment removed], which if true, it would seem a fair punishment

If true then he does deserve punishment however even for [comment removed] I think that a life ban is a bit too harsh. One or two seasons perhaps. Even murderers don't serve life.

I would like to thank everyone that has signed the petition. I was taken aback to hear that a petition had been set up asking the club to let me back.  I phoned Mike Smith this morning and the first thing he said was that i havnt been banned forever.  I have arranged a meeting with him on Wednesday afternoon to discuss how long i have been banned for.  I will post on here the results of that meeting.  Once again thank you so much

From the petition:

His only crime was standing up and singing, attempting to give his team as much support as possible.

I heard [comment removed], which if true, it would seem a fair punishment

If true then he does deserve punishment however even for [comment removed] I think that a life ban is a bit too harsh. One or two seasons perhaps. Even murderers don't serve life.

We were all well warned of these new football banning orders.  I am still of the understanding that it was the police who pursued this matter and not the club.  I could be wrong, but that is my understanding. As I have said elsewhere, I haven't been directly involved in this, only commenting on what I have heard.

We all know that standing up can be dangerous indeed. I also feel that walking is very dangerous, I'm surprised  the players are even allowed to run on the pitch as this is  very, very, dangerous!!

As for thousands of people crossing a dual carriageway in one go after the match without assistance!!!

I rest my case.

We all know that standing up can be dangerous indeed. I also feel that walking is very dangerous, I'm surprised  the players are even allowed to run on the pitch as this is  very, very, dangerous!! 

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: indeed.

Well if he was [comment removed] then some form of punishment may be appropriate. I mean, we can't all [comment removed] whenever we feel like it can we? Though a lot of us may have felt like [comment removed] during the first half against Hearts, our display in the second half meant there was no need to [comment removed].

a self-moderating poster. well done that man  :001:

As for thousands of people crossing a dual carriageway in one go after the match without assistance!!!

I rest my case.

And cramming into a tiny portacabin to buy merchendise.