FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

This town does my nut sometimes...

TheresNoEsInBlack

To anyone else who wants to get their away shirt printed the same as the team's shirts...

I've found that Greaves Sports in Glasgow will do it.  I called them up and asked and they said, "Sure we can though we don't have that style of lettering yet but we'll order it in for you, it'll take 2 weeks, is that ok?" I said, "Yes thats fine, how much will it be?"  He says, "?15.  Are you going to post it to us or are you in Glasgow?"  I said, "I'll just bring it in."

So there you go folks, you can even post it down to them.

Now THAT is how to run a business!  :021:  Our club is doing itself out of money.

I hope this thread has been of some help to someone.

I was also in Double T yesterday and today.  The problem is that there is quite a high minimum order and he was a little concerned that there wouldn't be enough demand.  He has confirmed today that he will order the red lettering, but it could take about a week or maybe even a little more before they are in stock.

I was surprised to see the photo was as early as 76-77. Others in there include Billy Urquhart, Ray MacKintosh, Alex Main, Tichy Clark(?), Billy Sanderson, Hamish Munro, Norman Miller, John Stewart, Charlie Gair, Hugh Grant, Rodwill Clyne, Gordy Fyfe. Unfortunately, of these Messrs Miller, Gair and Clyne are no longer with us.

I was surprised to see the photo was as early as 76-77. Others in there include Billy Urquhart, Ray MacKintosh, Alex Main, Tichy Clark(?), Billy Sanderson, Hamish Munro, Norman Miller, John Stewart, Charlie Gair, Hugh Grant, Rodwill Clyne, Gordy Fyfe. Unfortunately, of these Messrs Miller, Gair and Clyne are no longer with us.

Hehehe

That'll be Iain Clark, Dalneigh boy. Is that Gordy Bennett, Billy MacIntosh and "Ice Cool" Alan Presslie, in the front row. And two Davidsons.

Gordy... the very same Iain Clark. Stayed in St. Mungo Rd.

Buckett... I never knew Gordy Bennett, although i know he died the very same day as my mother.  I happened to be speaking to his widow Avril last night who was with her in laws in the Heathmount.

Oops... I'm only now noticing that if you scroll down you get all the names! :029:

Maybe one of the "oldies" can tell me.In the Caley line up pic......in the background to the left....is that the old Laundry building or part of the garage? I always thought the Laundry was further back off the road than that.

the Flat right above Billy Connoly's head was my first home. Thats why i was a caley fan. I used to sit in my bedroom (very top window) and look out the window to watch games wen i was too young to go.

Smee... do you not remember when "Billy Connolly" was Caley manager and won the title on the last day of the season in 1984 through a trademark Urquhart goal v Keith at Telford Street? Raymond then stepped down as manager and was succeeded by Peter Corbett but then wanted to come back as a player but Corbett turned him down. I remember that was one of the first football stories I covered.

Is that not the Garage? Was the laundry not the next building up towards the canal? Did that then become Frozen Foods?

I still don't understand why we have a Rangers shop in Inverness but no ICT shop. 

I think the Rangers shop is long gone and I thought that an ICT shop would be a good idea as well but it's hard to say how well it would do.  Though the Pars have one in their town centre as do Hearts.

although romanov hasn't been paying the rent for the hearts store for the last 6 months or so!

Smee, the building to the left is the Laundry, the garage was further behind, I think.  If you lived in Burnie Terrace in the seventies, do you remember a guy called Gerald Straube? 

Charles, My oldman hasn't changed much since this photo was taken - what do you think?  :004: