FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Other teams you have supported?

SMEE

Guest Calum-Red-an-Blue

my aunt ( a big aberdeen fan) took me to my first ever game it was ict vs clyde (1997/1998)and i think we won 5-1 :003:, eventually started going to games every so often, then in the 1999-2001 season became a season ticket holder, have been ever since,

have a soft spot for clach also as i occasionaly went with my grandad to games there when caley were away, and also because  I am now currently in the youth setup there,

My throat wasnt tested like it was at the hearts game like that for a long time :symbol_exclaim01:  :001:

Staying in edinburgh after bein down in manchester for a bit, livin with the girlfriend last 5 months, who surprise is slovakian, hence the name.  :004:

Just on the caleyjags site, looking at the old old fotos of the pittodrie days, superb but i was a fat bassa really then.  :010: life is too short indeed and its great to manage as many games as possible now. Hopefully catch up with load of folk now as indeed myself wishes everyone a happy new year and hope all is well.  :003: :022:

As a very young child I was a rangers fan as everyone I knew picked one of the old firm teams, my favourite colour was blue so that was that. After the merger my primary and secondary schools got free tickets to games so i used to go a long with a friend or parent to the games and became an ICT fan. I dropped my fan status for rangers by the time i was 14 or so and since then it's always been ICT. i also support Newcastle because my folks used to live there and i;ve been there quite a bit and love the fan's spirit. Also due to my mum's family being from Edinburgh I've always had a big soft spot for the Jambo's up until this season i always attended a couple of home games at tynecastle. But ICT always number one for me, i hate rangers fans these days (and celtic fans to be honest) cannot stand biggotry at all and i'm so proud to support a small team with real fans!

Did you have any links to Inverness Connie or did they just capture your imagination at the time?

Hi SMEE - ICT is my link to Inverness!  Yep they simply captured my imagination (and my heart) during the time of the merger....I get a huge thrill at a game and see the team run out and go to the Tulloch whenever I can, hopefully more in 2008 than before.  It's so exciting to get to see them play. (I am that sad!!)

It only takes a couple of hours to drive up to sneck from Perth so I hop up there with my daughter for the odd shopping trip/day out during the close season too.  I'd live up there permanently given half a chance! 

Plus, of course, Brew's gorgeous so that helps!

Supported ICT since the merger, but due to my partner and my dad both being diehard hibees, I've started taking a bigger interest in Hibs now and they play some cracking football when they're on their game.  We still sit at opposite ends when the hibees come up to Inverness though!  And I'm still getting grief for Saturday's result! :029:

Man City........seeing as I was taken down there aged 2, and its taken me 40 odd years to come back.

Exchanged a match ticket in one Premier League for another......and you know what? You are still allowed tackles up here!

Just as I left city came good......just as I arrived ICT started winning too....think I'll stay a while  :021:

1st last and always.....

badge.jpg

As well as a feelgood factor about a team from the Highlands succeeding at the top level, I get a double dose of shadenfreude at ICT by remembering the chagrin of both Caley and Thistle fans as their teams disappearance. :rotflmao:

I support ICT best I can, but it 'll never match my love of Station Park.

Coming from Burghead Inverness Caley was a much questioned choice, my old boy used to take me every sat to any nearby highland league game, there was plenty rothes, forres, elgin, lossie etc.  Always enjoyed the caley games due to high scoring, bigger crowds, old boy would then take me to telford st any time possible.  Not being from inverness and still quite young was pretty unaware of the merger chat so happily merged into an ICT supporter.

Used to have Hearts as a big club, but although want them to do well there are not a big part in my life.  See Hearts and Caley as my old teams with my fav players but more for memories (wilson robertson, charlie christie, john colquhoun, robbo, pasquale bruno).

The future is ICT