FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

McGuire's red card

Bronson

His 2nd yellow was a joke. Morais should have been given a straight red for his lamentable dive at the end. McGuire simply gave him a bollocking for his pathetic play acting and was sent off for it.

Guest CALEY CALEY CALEYJAGS

he was not booked for dissent the first time he was booked for him making a fair challenge on the halfway line with currier when play carried on the ref booked him for a alledged trip which baffled me cause there player never complained and it was a 50/50. the second is a disgrace there player dives mcguire tells him to cut it out and morasis trys to put the head on him . his second yellow was for adopting a unsporting behaviour which is absolutely terrible . there boy should have got a straight red for the incident but got a yellow for a headbutt and mcguire gets a yellow for him diving and ADOPTING A UNSPORTING BEHAVIOUR. seen it all now...........

Actually, lets not beat about the bush here - Morais is an complete **** for his play acting yesterday. I am surprised that McGuire managed to resist lamping him to be honest.

Perhaps it's a good thing that he's suspended for the Rangers match, what with Chris Burke playing...?

press and journal typical poor report getting thinhs wrong again, shiels nutmegging mcguire at edge of box and mcguire squaring up to morasis... does not surprise me bad journaslismmost likely not at the game it was munro who got megged and maybe hastings too,

press and journal typical poor report getting thinhs wrong again, shiels nutmegging mcguire at edge of box and mcguire squaring up to morasis... does not surprise me bad journaslismmost likely not at the game it was munro who got megged and maybe hastings too,

Have you ever considered a career in journalism, CCCJ..?

i am interested, really ah only joking.I just like reading match reports and when there so wrong it annoys me.The sun today was totally crap as well saying shiels made a mug of tokely and mcguire at the first and second goals. i was there and watched on tv first goal was poor play by us cowie had a chance to clear as did duncan then the second was a well worked move which resulted in shiels megging granty and possibly hastings was a very good finish... so if i can see that then why cant these so called journalists. either there not there or are failing badly at reporting on games for which punters who enjoy reading like myself or never seen the game.........

Newspaper match reports are notoriously bad and you also have to keep in mind that many are written with the readership in mind.  You see it week in week out with the tabloids when reporting on our matches...they "slant" them towards the largest audience.  We (ICT) tend to be on the down side of that more often than not, unless it's a big win of some sort and then you might see full credit given.  Even the tabloid reports following our 3-2 victory over Celtic were tainted with the "ICT were fortunate" lines.

That's just one aspect...the other aspect is, as you say, poor journalism.  Even the commentators on the radio most weeks struggle to remember what our players names are.  I've often read reports in most papers, be they tabloid, P&J or the Inverness Courier/Highland News and wondered if the journalist was at the same game.

The P&J is far from the worst....although when it comes to reporting on the Aberdeen v ICT games then it can be truly comical.

It's a topic of conversation that comes up on a fairly regular basis, I like too have the odd little rant when they show the highlights on TV and they are totally biased.  Ironically enough, the worst highlights this season came following our first league game away at Hibs where we pretty much owned them for most of the game.  From the highlights you would have thought it was the other way round and I don't think they showed a single on of our shots on goal.

It doesn't seem to bother most of the players who are happy to fly under the radar and get on with business....and to be honest, that's how it should be as "Ego's" have never done to well or lasted to long at ICT.

Must admit to being a little peeved when I opened my Herald this morning.

Now I'll be the first to admit it was a game to forget, and it was really Hibs' day with the new manager, but just see how many mentions of us you can count in this report.

EDIT:

I decided to email them with this:

As an ICT fan, I'm well aware that Saturday's game at Easter Road was one to forget.

However, if it weren't for the scoreline at the top of the article, a casual reader of James Porteous' report could be forgiven for asking just who Hibs opponents were on the day.

I counted six references to the away team in the report, as follows: 'attacked Inverness', 'Ross Tokely', 'Inverness were still in the game', 'Phil McGuire', 'visiting defenders', 'McGuire'.

Surely some kind of record?