FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

World Cup Predictor ????

Scotty

Are you interested in a World Cup Prediction League ?  

112 members have voted

1. 1.

• YES
    • NO

Some predictor busters over the last weekend :010:

TEAMS                            HT----FT----TOTAL POINTS WON

Czech Rep -  Ghana      0:1--- 0:2    55

France  -  South Korea 1:0 ---1:1    365

Japan  -  Croatia          0:0---0:0    410

Italy  -  USA                  1:1--- 1:1    345

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the knockout stages, will the FT score be counted as

A - the score after normal time or

B - the score after possible extra time or

C - the score after possible penalties ?

For the knockout stages, will the FT score be counted as

A - the score after normal time or

B - the score after possible extra time or

C - the score after possible penalties ?

Excellent question MEE - and one I hadnt thought of in advance. Having considered how the bookies do it, and how Gringo does it in the NPL, I think I will stick with the convention of awarding points based on the score after 90 minutes. Extra-Time and Penalties will therefore NOT COUNT.

Done the same Manny,filled in scores up to qauls and forgot to start next round , just as well for you or eh'd have been right up there wi you!!( if eh'd got 300 points for Argentina)

Heilandee......probably the worst predictor of scores in the universe  :019:

not a lot innit tm4tj and only 4 games to go....

not the best quarter finals for me but looking for an improvement in the final 2 stages. 

The gloves are off :016:

no disrespect to the others below but I'm trying to look up the table

themann4thejob 1190

Harry Chibber 1150

Gringo 1145

Scotty 1135

Tichy_Blacks_Back 1095

eigees 1075

McYosi 1070

nude_as_the_news 1010

My pre NPL season training is going well so far. Had a bad result last night the French but I reckon I can pull this one off with four games left. Its going to be tight.

Last few games were poor scorers apart from a 50 pointer for Germany Argentina draw.

Frogs were the biggest upset for me, 5 pointer, strangely enough I thought about altering my post to a draw, but left it at 2-0 to Brazil. Semis all European affairs, could be unpredictable, but here are my predictions.....

uh oh.....hel..... si nal is get ing w ak.....losing con ec ion........Germny  -  Ita y and Por ug l  -  Fr n e.

Should be enough to keep me ahead of you guys.

enjoy

So chibberooney, down to the last game, and Scotty is keeping the results close to his chest. Must be some match fixing going on.  I was hoping to see the results in before the final, then I could have played for a draw, but who knows I may be behind now? :010:

game on

themann4thejob 1235

Harry Chibber 1200

Gringo 1190

Scotty 1170

McYosi 1150

eigees 1145

Tichy_Blacks_Back 1140

ictdave 1070

Caleyuntiltheend 1040

Mee 1030

ICT TT 1030

Phill 1010

nude_as_the_news 1010

ICT_Away 995

Andrew Fraser 980

The_Sponge 950

amc 945

Alex MacLeod 935

Bonzo 915

kencar 905

Well done Mannie! See you are good for something after all!  :003:

tm4tj, arms outstretched like a Lancaster bomber on a mission, pulls his T shirt over his head and sprints round the house........across the living room, into the hall, up the stairs and round the bedrooms, back downstairs through the kitchen and dives full length across the conservatory floor, coming up just short of the aviary doors, the cockatiels scattering madly as if joining in the frenzied celebrations..............the sweet taste of success lingering on his now moist lips, his tingling brain writing the victory speech ( I'd like to thank my manager, and praising Hairy Chipper and gringo for making a fist of it up to the last game) and anyone else who knows me, beads of sweat forming on his now moistened brow he recalls every game, every goal and every kick of the ball, the memories will stay with him forever, then without warning the eerie silence is broken with a shrill voice penetrating his mind..............go and get dressed ya stupid old git and get the kettle on...................Mrs m4tj and zogg, staring in bewilderment at this prostrate being lost in the moment and wondering what will happen when the world cup ends, where will he get his fix................ :017:

Well done to TM4TJ in holding off the challenge of Harry Chibber, Gringo and myself .... I was sunk by forgetting to predict a couple of the games late on so couldnt catch up .... not to mention being woefully unable to predict the scores in the latter stages whenre my points average was about 10, compared to 25-30 in the group stages

Anyhow, I have deleted the prediction league from the site now that the WC is over but attached to this message is a screenshot of the final standings

[attachment deleted by admin]

Many congratulations to TM4TJ in winning this contest.  :clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping04:

I let myself down in the later stages by against 'my rules' and shot myself in the foot - having said, I think TM4TJ was just out of reach anyway. I also enjoying my battle with Harry and Scotty for the runners up spot - well done Harry, you were just that bit better.

Thanks also the Scotty for running the contest which kept the interest in the WC alive for many. A great game and all good preparation for the forthcoming NPL (wonder if I can get as points in that one...)

Unfortunately not Harry. Not sure if its possible to do either - I don't have that power I'm afraid.

The NPL will be the same format as previous season's with a few 'tweaks' here and there.