FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

EYES

tm4tj

This is probably for the elder statesmen...................and women amongst us..........................how old were you before you needed glasses for reading.  The next question would be, how old were you when you needed glasses for seeing.  Being younger than most of you old yins, as you are well aware, my eyesight is perfect, well it is once I put my glasses on.  I now find myself more and more dependant on artificial aids...........no no Richard, glasses from Tesco at ?5.95, as long as you are viewing the object at 14 inches (wtf)  Since my previous job, staring at PC screens, I have found it increasingly difficult to read the small print.  Now, my eyes need time to focus, and shady light is difficult to say the least.  I presume wearing glasses shortens the life of your own optics to peruse, thus leading to the need for more and more, stronger and stronger bits of glass, ie more powerful lenses.

Have to stop typing now, the writing is getting smaller.

I find the reading ok with the help of cheap reading glasses, but forgetting what I've just read before I even get to the next line, to be more of a problem! 

:015:  thank feck it's no just me,think from 40 it's all doon hill, used to have 20/20 vision now i'm always lookin for specs to read stuff, but as CMIB says the memory lapses are worse,it's affy not rememberin what it was you didnae see  :029:

Being younger than most of you old yins, as you are well aware,

We have an expression in Inverness in response to statements like that.... "yerjokeenmun!!!"

However, at your age, I do envy you your full head of hair. Perhaps we can discuss the secret behind your hirsute condition over the table at tonight's "freebie"!

Oh, and by the way, I was 44 when I had to submit to the use of glasses.

What did you type Charles, the only bit I could read was  "yerjokeenmun!!!"

Hair, yes, it will remain uncut until Neil Young sees me on the eighth of March in London, see you there Naelifters

Reading glasses after fifty--co-incided with the loss of hair  on the pate.

Driving glasses after 65--Does make a heck of a difference--can now see the cops well in advance.. :003:

Unfortunately they brought radar in on the roads here and they still have the advantage. (the cops I mean, not the glasses)

Heilandee-- I think you are from Fife --am I right?

Only in Fife do they say "they " meaning "these".... ;D