FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Message To Marius

Guest birdog

Pass the feckin spliff dude. You are talking more utter garbage than Caley Mad Berk.  :crazy07:

I'm aff it mate goddam **** police at work making my recreational activities less and less fun  :008:

So you have never seen him perform away from home - the defence rests.  :sillywave:

As I have always stated the class and the quality are obvious - the performance is often lacking - although improving.

Hey Stevieco - Have you noticed that since I have been more positive about Marius and calmed down the wind ups - I am getting more feckin stick.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yes  I did notice, better not start really praising him or you will be in real trouble  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You will not make it at a higher level and you may not get a first team game on a regular basis elsewhere.

Ehh? How will he not? How did you come to that decision?!  He already has. I think he would prosper in a better team. To say a proven international can not make it at a higher level than Inverness is just plain daft and very biased.

PS. Don't have a blindfold of any sort!

A PROVEN INTERNATIONAL ?? - One "friendly" cap in the last five years !! - it is about TODAY not yesteryear. I am simply saying that he has lost the required pace and movement to play at a much higher level on a "regular" basis - I would suspect that he would be a "squad" player in a more illustrious team. I just couldnt see him surviving in the English Prem or any of the other top European leagues. I am actually suggesting that he stays where he is and we look to buy players who fit into a system to accomodate him and use him to his CURRENT strengths.

If he does get into the Romanian squad whilst performing as he does with ICT - is he not on a winner ??

13 goals in 29 games for his country sounds like a proven international to me.

I didn't see him play often before his arrival at ICT but the lad is only 26 so i cant see how he could have "lost all his pace and movement", as you put it. I cant imagine he ever was lightning quick.

My point was that i did not agree with your statement that he could not play at a higher level than Inverness. I Didn't mention Prem, dont think he is that good, just think he could make it at a higher level.

Anyway I Hope he stays. Anyone have any idea if he is actually enjoying it up here?

What I was alluding to was that the international stats - which are impressive - were from FIVE years ago - so in my terminology he used to be / was a proven international player - you have to prove it in the here and now as far as I am concerned.

Personally I feel that the "pace and movement" may have been affected by an unfortunate sufferance of fairly major injury problems. I suspect that his strolling style was always there as it is with many Eastern Europeans - his ability and skill are of a higher dimension. The big difference is that he used to possess the ability to change his pace - e.g dropping back, playing a pass and moving into an attacking position quickly - he does not possess that any longer. That is why I have always called for him to play on the last man at home and why he is "lost" playing in a 4-5-1 system away from home - when he drops back for possession but neither is he a "target man". Savage and co. made him " a lamb to the slaughter". Marius may have personally benefitted from the enforced systems but ICT clearly havent.

I also alluded to a higher level as being higher than the SPL - I would put the English Prem - Serie A - Bundesliga - La Liga and possibly the French Prem into that category. I suspect that Marius could build up quite a reputation in the SPL but he wouldnt make it at the Old Filth - he could also perform at a high level in the Eastern European or the Scandinavian set ups. I hope that he is not arrogant and deluded enough to go to a higher level where some teams will take his past into account and I am afraid that he may fall on his face.

To be honest i wasnt surprised that he got a call up to a friendly and I am glad that he got a chance - I am also surprised at the apparent dearth of top strikers available to Romania so he may well get in their squad as a back up forward - spending most of his time on the bench.

But I bet Marius would be only too happy to be just part of the set up.

What to you is a higher level ?

And finally - of course he is happy in Inverness - He is getting a regular first team game; his fitness levels have improved significantly; he actually appears to have an endearing personality; he was on the point of the "black hole" of football and he has got himself back into the international reckoning - plus he is getting valuable career advice from my good self.  :001:

I reckon that if he stays he can only improve further - especially if we find a "partner" with pace and think about the system not the individual player -if he goes he had better think very carefully about his choices.

Hit the nail on the head there,

The boy needs a stike partner, who is a natural goal scorer, something he is not although he can score goals. There is a BIG difference.

At the moment, other than Brewster, we have only one natural goal scorer and that is Denzil. 

Guest stevico64

And finally - of course he is happy in Inverness - He is getting a regular first team game; his fitness levels have improved significantly; he actually appears to have an endearing personality; he was on the point of the "black hole" of football and he has got himself back into the international reckoning - plus he is getting valuable career advice from my good self.  :001:

I agree with all the above, well perhaps not the last wee bit :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Marius has never been the quickest of strikers, although they have been many top strikers without lightning pace that have played at the highest level, what level could Marius play at, I really am not sure but I think with every player it does make a huge difference the level of players that are playing alongside you and also playing you in the correct position. I think that it has been difficult for all strikers t ICT this year as you need to build up an understanding with your strike partner, them to read you runs and visa vesrsa and with the changes in so many games no strikers have been able to build up an understanding. I do not think Marius can play as a lone striker, and I would like to see him play at ICT with a quick forward to play of him

Hit the nail on the head there,

The boy needs a stike partner, who is a natural goal scorer, something he is not although he can score goals. There is a BIG difference.

At the moment, other than Brewster, we have only one natural goal scorer and that is Denzil. 

I think that needs to be in the past tense as well !!