FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Wyness To Sign PCA With St. Mirren - Bayne Also Away?

RiG

Setanta Sports

This summer will be a big one for ICT.

your not wrong! report in the daily express today saying that Bayne is looking to move south for family reasons with Dunfermline being a possible suitor.

Wyness (likely), Bayne (looking more likely) and possibly Niculae all away this summer, big rebuilding job on the cards, lets hope Brewster is up to the task

Well I know that Saint Johnstone are rumoured to be interested in Bayne. Whether that comes off or not who knows. That's the first I had heard of him wanting a move South and would explain why I was asked by a Saints fan what kind of player he is!

It says in the article that Dunfermline are leading the chase for Bayne but the Saints have already expressed an interest. The article states that Baynes wife is from fife and theyre looking to move back.

Wyness and Dargo combo for the buddies next season, hmmmmm hopefully this doesnt come back to haunt us.

So if all these rumours come off who ar we left with? Wood and McAllister up front? any strikers reading this forum want a game? :023:

There is a bit on the Bayne story in the P&J as well.....

Forward Graham Bayne, meanwhile could be set to leave Caledonian Stadium at the end of this season.

The 28-year-old, who has one year remaining on his current contract, is interesting First Division sides Dunfermline and St Johnstone.

It is believed the native Fifer is keen to return south after his wife gave birth to a daughter.

Didn't St Johnstone sign Colin Samuel this week as well?

Interesting times - we could be left with Rory as are No 1 striker  :010:

Why a pre-contract. he's free to sign in a couple of weeks anyway

Probably so they can tie him up to their club ASAP so no one else gets a look in?

So do these teams have the money to buy Bayne?

How much do you think we can really look to get for Bayne? One year on his contract left, hardly a regular, doesn't score often for a striker. I reckon we would be lucky to get something like ?15k for the guy. Saint Johnstone had a good up run this year again. They could afford that.

i noticed the title of the thread change, didnt mean to hijack your thread RiG, sorry :-[

So do these teams have the money to buy Bayne?

If the player is pretty keen to move then i cant see the board holding out for too much, money now rather than zilcho in 6 months

i noticed the title of the thread change, didnt mean to hijack your thread RiG, sorry :-[

Ha ha! Not at all. Like I say I had a message from a Saints fan this morning asking about Bayne and I wondered why he was asking, Then reading your post made more sense.

Makes it better to have the Bayne and Wyness stuff in here though I'm in two minds as to whether I should include the Black/Hibs rumour as well...

Ha ha! Not at all. Like I say I had a message from a Saints fan this morning asking about Bayne and I wondered why he was asking, Then reading your post made more sense.

Makes it better to have the Bayne and Wyness stuff in here though I'm in two minds as to whether I should include the Black/Hibs rumour as well...

ha ha, maybe it should be retitled 'Who's next to leave?'

eeek, hadnt heard the Black rumour, maybe i dont want to  :007:

interesting article on setanta from yesterday with an article entitled: "Brewster in no rush over Wyness"

it goes on to say....

"Craig Brewster has insisted he will hold talks with striker Dennis Wyness next week..........................Despite being aware that Wyness could head for pastures new, Brewster is in no rush to enter into talks."

i hope his laid back approach means he has adequate replacemtns lined up....

eeek, hadnt heard the Black rumour, maybe i dont want to  :007:

interesting article on setanta from yesterday with an article entitled: "Brewster in no rush over Wyness"

it goes on to say....

"Craig Brewster has insisted he will hold talks with striker Dennis Wyness next week..........................Despite being aware that Wyness could head for pastures new, Brewster is in no rush to enter into talks."

i hope his laid back approach means he has adequate replacemtns lined up....

Hibs are monitoring Black but that's been on the go for a while.

Brewster had to do a rebuilding job at Dundee United and he wasn't up to the job. ICT look like they will need their first major surgery to the team in a while now. I'm not so sure if he can do it. As mentioned by Kencar we could be starting with Rory on his own up front next season!

I think a big clear out at the end of this season is needed.  Bayne, Wyness, Hart are all going or gone.  They were pretty much deadwood, maybe not Hart, but Wyness and Bayne I agree with getting rid of them.

Black hopefully won't go!  I would probably say that Brewster will get rid of 3 or 4 more players - Zibi going back to Hibs aswell.  Steven Watt going back to Swansea.  But I feel there is still a few players that we don't need.

Wilson - Although it looks like he will be staying!

McGuire - Just because he has been VERY poor this season and hasn't shown any signs of decent performances and doesn't seem to work well with Munro.

Patti - Not good enough for the SPL.

Those are 3 that I feel should be leaving, so if you add Wyness, Hart, Bayne, Watt, Zibi and possibly Black and possibly a few other clubs coming in for players like Cowie and Niculae.

We may need to buy at least 9 or 10 players.  Well infact I think we will, not a case of may!

I have voiced my opinion on here of Brewster being manager...but if he's staying, he has to be backed 100% by the fans, the board and the players.  I just really hope he is up to the task of rebuilding the squad.  

The time was coming that there would be a major reshuffle in the summer...it is now, so it should make for a nervous yet exciting summer regarding transfers in and out!

I think a big clear out at the end of this season is needed.  Bayne, Wyness, Hart are all going or gone.  They were pretty much deadwood, maybe not Hart, but Wyness and Bayne I agree with getting rid of them.

Black hopefully won't go!  I would probably say that Brewster will get rid of 3 or 4 more players - Zibi going back to Hibs aswell.  Steven Watt going back to Swansea.  But I feel there is still a few players that we don't need.

Wilson - Although it looks like he will be staying!

McGuire - Just because he has been VERY poor this season and hasn't shown any signs of decent performances and doesn't seem to work well with Munro.

Patti - Not good enough for the SPL.

Those are 3 that I feel should be leaving, so if you add Wyness, Hart, Bayne, Watt, Zibi and possibly Black and possibly a few other clubs coming in for players like Cowie and Niculae.

We may need to buy at least 9 or 10 players.  Well infact I think we will, not a case of may!

I have voiced my opinion on here of Brewster being manager...but if he's staying, he has to be backed 100% by the fans, the board and the players.  I just really hope he is up to the task of rebuilding the squad.  

The time was coming that there would be a major reshuffle in the summer...it is now, so it should make for a nervous yet exciting summer regarding transfers in and out!

I think you could be talking about anything up to 6 maybe 7 players moving on. Brewster however seemed to think that we would only be bringing in one or two faces during the summer. We seldom seem to take in a huge number of players at ICT over the summer but perhaps this year it could be different. Like I say, BIG summer ahead of us.

And where would the money come from to sign 8 or 9 players of the quality that could be leaving??

Even signing players out of contract,we would still need funds for wages,signing on fees etc

Seems a lot of players are desperate to get out and away from "Big Heeds" management style

Brewster will send us to the first division!!!! :33: :33:

hey there is always a silver lining at least a first division season ticket will be cheaper LOL :rolleyes02:

not that it will matter i have faith that we can stay up....................i hope

And where would the money come from to sign 8 or 9 players of the quality that could be leaving??

Even signing players out of contract,we would still need funds for wages,signing on fees etc

The players leaving will free up money for wages. Not all of them will be leaving on a Bosman, so that will generate some cash also.

Rossco23 you should have been at the game on saturday, you missed a vintage performance from Barry, he was brill. I am really hoping he gets a new contract, he can still do a job for ICT, Maybe you might get a ticket to see him vs St Mirren next week eh?

Bayne going is not a great loss, pity, cos he really gives 100% if only he could score more often. Denzil is a mystery, seems to be

losing the skills he once had and defenders are wise to his tricks, there will be new faces over the summer.

With lots of posts on previous threads about the clubs lack of ambition and being stagnant in the SPL re our final position is this the opportunity for the club to take us that further step and sign some decent players and take us forward. That places a huge burden on the shoulders of Brew - is he up to it though? :rolleyes02:

With lots of posts on previous threads about the clubs lack of ambition and being stagnant in the SPL re our final position is this the opportunity for the club to take us that further step and sign some decent players and take us forward. That places a huge burden on the shoulders of Brew - is he up to it though? :rolleyes02:

very good point, it can be a frustrating and annoying time when players move on to pastures new, but surely the situation we find ourselves in (i.e. needing to rebuild our squad) provides us with a great opportunity to build for the future and take in players to help grow the club.

its time for Brewster and the board to prove they are capable of suceeding at an SPL club

[its time for Brewster and the board to prove they are capable of suceeding at an SPL club

Is it not time for a number of ICT fans to prove they are capable of suceeding at an SPL club? Several dont seem to be doing too well as far as I can see from some of the dross written on here.

Guest birdog

[its time for Brewster and the board to prove they are capable of suceeding at an SPL club

Is it not time for a number of ICT fans to prove they are capable of suceeding at an SPL club? Several dont seem to be doing too well as far as I can see from some of the dross written on here.

Nah, I think you are wrong, look at the Sellick support. They want their manager out and they are challenging to win the title.

:fishing:

:012: 3 wins out of 4 against crap opposition and suddenly everything is rosy again.  You should go to specsavers.