FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Romanian Provisional Squad Officially Announced

Guest stevico64

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice that in the squad there are 4 players that are uncapped or have 1 cap. I'd imagine they'd be the first to be left out of the final 23. Marius and Mutu are the only strikers in double figures for goals as well.

I have a funny feeling he'll be left in the squad.

Fingers crossed anyhoo, as i'll be looking online for a cheap romania strip to cheer him on.

Looking good fer Marius -  :clapping03: :clapping03:

Looks almost deffo that it will be FOUR forwards out of - Forwards: Adrian Mutu (Fiorentina), Ciprian Marica (VfB Stuttgart), Daniel Niculae (Auxerre), Marius Niculae (Inverness Caledonian Thistle), Florin Bratu (Dinamo Bucharest).

Suspect Mutu and Daniel N are certs - Marica would undoubtedly get the nod if fit - dont know much about Bratu.

I am across in Romania at the moment according to all the papers here he is odds on to make the cut, front page news today was pics of him getting his medical.marica is also going to be fit as with him and marius last night it was basically just a dead leg he has

Question - How many SPL teams have a player at Euro 2008?

Interesting?

The ones that I can think of off the top of my head is Celtic.  Not sure if Rangers has anyone there.

Question - How many SPL teams have a player at Euro 2008?

Interesting?

I may be wrong but this is what I think

Aberdeen - No one

Celtic - V of Hesselink, Boruc

Dundee Utd - No one

Falkirk - No one

Gretna - No one

Hearts - No one

Hibs - No ome

ICT - NICULAE

Killie - No one

Motherwell - No one

Rangers - No one

St Mirren - No one

Obviously the link below is in Romanian and without translating the whole thing the gist of it is the Chivu will probably miss the first game, Marius has been doing very well in training and they now expect him to start the first game of the Euros up front with Mutu, you will see the word S?geat? been banded about a lot this is Marius nickname in Romania

Predicted team

Lobon? - Contra, Tama?, Goian, Ra? - Coci?, R?doi, Codrea - Fl. Petre, M. Niculae, Mutu.

http://www.gsp.ro/stire/se-vede-echipa-pen...euro-70544.html

Taken from theage.com.au:

Marius Niculae (Inverness Caledonian Thistle). Forward. Born 16.5.81. Caps 29. Goals 13.

Has made a welcome return to the national squad after four years of injuries and took his goal tally into double figures this season at club level. Not one to be messed with, Niculae was a national judo champion at junior level in Romania.

Well thank feck it's not me that's been giving him a hard time all season.

Eart Times Linkwww.earthtimes.org/articles/show/206817,back-to-basics-for-romania--feature.html

"A wild card in attack could be Marius Niculae, who was recalled to the side after a two year absence and scored in his first game back against Russia"

A quote from the above article. I've seen quite a few articles saying the same thing. Basically Marius is being tipped as a surprise starter which is brilliant. Really hoping he gets the nod.