FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bulk Upload Photo

tm4tj

Don/Scotty, I was adding some photos today to see how it all worked and when using the bulk upload option, I could not add more than six at a time otherwise it would crash. Is there a limit to the size of bulk photos that can be uploaded at one time? I never tried zipping the files, will maybe try that option for next album.

Album is titled championees.

It would also not let me proceed using certain heading options.......I think I eventually used members galleries.

Tried to add zip file of same photos and it crashed again, zip file size is 58.1mb

Edited by themann4thejob
zip file tested

let us know what and where you were trying to upload and we can troubleshoot.

Certain (older) galleries are closed to uploads and that may be part of the problem.

I created the photos first, and when I tried to add them ten at a time, the site froze and failed to add the pics, so I tried six at a time which worked, but seven seemed to be too many for the upload to handle.

I then created a zip file on my hard drive and tried to upload the zip file with the photos in it to test that method, but this froze and failed to upload.

No rush Scotty, I was just trying to suss out the new functions.

Is it crashing or just freezing?

It's possible (and likely) that the system will break down upload attempts of more than a certain total file size and pause in between while it processes them and that can (sometimes) take a few minutes.

I tested the Bulk Upload before we went live and never ran into any problems, so it's likely the above, or running into some system set limit (either software set by user class or server limits). Files I tested with were nowhere near the size your trying...must be a lot of pics in the Zip File or they're huge image files???

Hi Don, the zip file is the same file as all the individual photos I have uploaded, 49 photos I think. The screen started loading then seemed to get halfway through the process but no further, eventually showing an error screen after six or seven minutes, something like the page can not be displayed, and when I refresh the screen, it took me back to the album page and showed no further photos added.

If you check the individual photos on my album you can see the image sizes, I would not know if they were big or not.