FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Player of the Year Poll

CaleyD

POTY Voting  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which Player would you award 5 Points?

• Fraser
    • Tokely
    • McGuire
    • Munro
    • Hastings
    • Cowie
    • Black
    • Duncan
    • Imrie
    • McBain
    • Barrowman
    • Wilson
    • McAllister
  2. 2. Which Player would you award 3 Points?

• Fraser
    • Tokely
    • McGuire
    • Munro
    • Hastings
    • Cowie
    • Black
    • Duncan
    • Imrie
    • McBain
    • Barrowman
    • Wilson
    • McAllister
  3. 3. Which Player would you award 1 Point?

• Fraser
    • Tokely
    • McGuire
    • Munro
    • Hastings
    • Cowie
    • Black
    • Duncan
    • Imrie
    • McBain
    • Barrowman
    • Wilson
    • McAllister

At the Match? Vote for your top 3 players in the

SPL game versus Aberdeen on 9th Aug

Please make sure you vote for 3 seperate players.

If you make an error, let us know so we can fix it.

Anyone caught trying to cheat the system WILL be banned from voting in polls...this is your only warning.

Whilst taking nothing away from Andy Barrowman as he did very well and stuck away the opener in his first SPL game, I think even he would be astonished to note he has received the same amount of votes as Grantie in this poll. Good as he was, surely his contribution was not greater than Rossco, McBain, Munro, Black, Duncan or Imrie or maybe even Cowie or Hastings. I know we all have differing opinions, but come off it. Have admin checed to see if poll is just.

My vote went to Duncan for the record, I thought he came on to a really great game and was'nt he fired up. But it was difficult to call as Grantie did everything as well.

I found it extremely hard to decide who to give the points to, as I would've had Munro, Black, Imrie, Duncan, Barrowman and McBain all as MotM.

But I decided to give my 5 points to Barrowman. Had an absolutely fantastic shift on his own up front which was a huge improvement from his performances in pre season. He held the ball up magnificently, chased down a lot of play and importantly took the chance that came his way.

I'm glad it's hard to pick one MotM out of many candidates, rather than the likes of Aberdeen struggling to decide on the best of an awful bunch who gets their MotM. Mark Kerr :rotflmao:

I check the validity of the votes on a regular basis and will give them one final check when the poll closes at the end of the week. So far I've only had to remove one set of votes.

I'm interested to know (in a geekish sort of way) how someone votes more than once, and how are they detected? Is it someone logging in twice under different names using the same IP address? Or are they deleting cookies so that the system thinks they haven't voted? Something else?

I'm interested to know (in a geekish sort of way) how someone votes more than once, and how are they detected? Is it someone logging in twice under different names using the same IP address? Or are they deleting cookies so that the system thinks they haven't voted? Something else?

Its quite simple really. People cannot vote more than once using the same account as the voting is not cookie based it is account based. We do not allow guests to vote as they dont have accounts. If someone has multiple accounts then yes, theoretically, they can vote more than once by logging in to the different accounts and voting.

As for detection - its manual, we simply check that the same voter has not selected the same option more than once. Its usually a mistake, but if we find any user abusing it or trying to rig the polls by registering multiple accounts we can and will remove the ability to vote in polls on a user by user basis. We pretty well know which users have multiple accounts and what usernames they go under so we will keep an eye out for this type of 'freeping'

Its not a perfect system, and for us, its not as easy as the system we used last year, but until something better comes along, it will do.

It wasn't "voting twice" in the instance I had to remove....it was giving the same player 5 points and 3 points, when it clearly states that they should give points to 3 separate players....it was quite possibly a simple error and the person has been asked if they wish to re-submit a correct set of votes.

I gave my 5 points to Imrie. I know he didn't score (and probably should have) but he did nothing but wreek havoc on Aberdeen all day. He was quick and creative and always looked a threat cutting inside. Mulgrew couldn't handle him.

3 points went to Barrowman. After watching him play for Ross County i dubbed him as being too lazy for the SPL. But for a striker going 2 divisions up Brew really seems to have helped him up his work rate and overall game. And his predatory instincts didn't go unoticed when he bundled the ball in for the opener.

McBain gets my solitary this week as he capped of a wonderful and historic afternoon by scoring a terrific finish after covering all of 80 yards to get it. He also seems to have worked on his finishing over pre-season because a year ago he woudln't have hit that well enough.