FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dan Wagaluka

BornCaley

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From P & J Online.....

CALEY Thistle manager Craig Brewster will give Ugandan midfielder Dan Wagaluka the rest of the week to try to earn a contract.

The 22-year-old played the final 12 minutes against Liverpool in Barry Wilson?s testimonial game on Monday night but still has to prove he is worth an extended stay at Caledonian Stadium.

The winger could provide an alternative option to the rest of the players at Brewster?s disposal and only a nominal fee would be required to take him from his present club Uganda Revenue Authority, based in the capital city of Kampala.

Brewster said: ?Dan understands the game and can play. He is an exciting player who puts a smile on people?s faces.

?We will see how he does for the rest of the week in training and take it from there.

?Dan arrived last weekend and has trained with us for the last three days.

?Dan knows how to play football but it is understanding coming to a different culture and a different country to play.

?I have to see if his size is suitable for our game as you have to be physical in Scotland.

?I am sure they have physical players in his country but he will have to meet the demands of Scottish football.

?You do need a balance of players in a squad.

?We will have him this week and then I will have to make a decision on whether to keep him for another week.

?I don?t want to keep him here if I am not going to offer him a contract.?

Brewster refused to rule out making another addition to his squad after spending ?50,000 to sign Adam Rooney from Stoke City last week.

Caley Thistle still have money to spend from the transfer of Marius Niculae to Dinamo Bucharest and Brewster added: ?You never know what can happen in terms of injuries but I am happy with the players I have and if someone becomes available I would have to look at it.

?I have said all along if I need to bring in someone the board will do all they can to help me.?

Wagaluka is an impressive right winger. He has pace and skill but I have reservations about his size. Not his hieght but his build. He is quite a lightweight and would get thrown around something rotten in the SPL. He has no fear but really needs to work on beefing out a bit.

I know he's desperate to win a contract and is puting in the workrate but is he better than what we have at the minute.

he's desperate to win a contract and is puting in the workrate but is he better than what we have at the minute.

Question asked :thumb04: and answered :rotflmao: in the same post

Wagaluka is an impressive right winger. He has pace and skill

What we saw with Sutherland and Wagaluka was something not witnessed at TCS for a long long time.....ICT taking advantage of the width of the pitch with pacey players. We've not had that option since Robson left, and it was a joy to watch on Monday Night.

What we saw with Sutherland and Wagaluka was something not witnessed at TCS for a long long time.....ICT taking advantage of the width of the pitch with pacey players. We've not had that option since Robson left, and it was a joy to watch on Monday Night.

Agree 100%

so long as these 2 players get a regular enough run out, we will have ourelves so many options in the midfield that we can finally produce flowing passing football, take on defenders and get rid of the long ball cr@p we've witnessed in recent years

Good point, with the way we've played the last couple of seasons I'd almost forgotten we've not just the longest but the widest pitch in the SPL; once upon a time we'd wide players, and a manager, who knew how to exploit it.

According to todays Metro, CB has asked Dan to stay for a second week

Sounds promising. As he's young yet in time he could build himself up to cope with the demands of the SPL. Novo aint tall or big built but he worked on his upper body strength and if you compare him not to his 1st season at Dundee he's alot stronger.

As long as he can run by his man to get the cross in and he actually can cross then i say get him in.

Size does matter and i understand the decision but thats the 3rd winger weve said no too this summer. Its beginning to get a tad ridiculous...personally i would take that Liverpool number 7 on loan. He looked very good last week.