FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dan Wagaluka

BornCaley

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from reading the Barry Wilson thread he looked decent and quick, but the Liverpool players realised this and tried the odd shirt tug etc to slow him down. However he kept plugging away for his short appearance.

It has been noted that Brewster supposedly said he looked a little small and slight for the Scottish game (but hey look at SWP at Chelsea in the Premiership) but looked technically good. And that it would be seen how he would do in training.

Other than that we'll probably find out at the end of the week.

It has been noted that Brewster supposedly said he looked a little small and slight for the Scottish game (but hey look at SWP at Chelsea in the Premiership) but looked technically good. And that it would be seen how he would do in training.

Message to Brewster ..... Jimmy Johnstone (5'4"), Gordon Strachan (5'6"), George Best (5'8") ... just 3 who have done ok in scottish football over the years despite their vertical challenges !!!! and lets not even go there with Maradona, Messi, Best, Scholes, Saviola, Davids, Owen and others who have all been on the short side !!!

If you are good enough, you are tall enough .... especially if ICT play it on the deck instead of hoofing high balls !!!

Message to Brewster ..... Jimmy Johnstone (5'4"), Gordon Strachan (5'6"), George Best (5'8") ... just 3 who have done ok in scottish football over the years despite their vertical challenges !!!! and lets not even go there with Maradona, Messi, Best, Scholes, Saviola, Davids, Owen and others who have all been on the short side !!!

If you are good enough, you are tall enough .... especially if ICT play it on the deck instead of hoofing high balls !!!

therein lies the problem!!!

This is what I dont understand - and maybe it is worth a thread of its own instead of hijacking this one - but since the club was formed we have ALWAYS been better when the ball was played on the deck.

When we did this as a matter of routine - even in the lower leagues - we saw some excellent performances, some great wins, and even some championships. Many in the game complimented us on our passing play and made comments that we could actually PLAY football.

Knowledgable ICT fans have known this forever, those with even a basic understanding of the game soon spot this to be the case, at heart, our players know this, so WHY WHY WHY WHY does our team management persist in playing this long ball hoofy crap .... our players have the ability to play football, we dont need to resort to this, nor are we suited in terms of the physique and height of our skilled players to do this.

Lets get back to using the TCS pitch for the purpose it was designed for ... flowing football that is played on the deck, nice passes from the centre to the wings with the ball running down the camber which was designed for just this purpose (and for drainage). It is far more interesting to watch and without looking at stats, I would hazard a guess that when we do this our results are far better.

Brew - you are slowly winning me over in terms of the signings you are at least trying to make and the fact that you will look wherever it takes to bring the right players to TCS ..... now lets work on tactics ..... starting with consigning this long ball **** to the dustbin !!!

This is what I dont understand - and maybe it is worth a thread of its own instead of hijacking this one - but since the club was formed we have ALWAYS been better when the ball was played on the deck.

When we did this as a matter of routine - even in the lower leagues - we saw some excellent performances, some great wins, and even some championships. Many in the game complimented us on our passing play and made comments that we could actually PLAY football.

Knowledgable ICT fans have known this forever, those with even a basic understanding of the game soon spot this to be the case, at heart, our players know this, so WHY WHY WHY WHY does our team management persist in playing this long ball hoofy crap .... our players have the ability to play football, we dont need to resort to this, nor are we suited in terms of the physique and height of our skilled players to do this.

Lets get back to using the TCS pitch for the purpose it was designed for ... flowing football that is played on the deck, nice passes from the centre to the wings with the ball running down the camber which was designed for just this purpose (and for drainage). It is far more interesting to watch and without looking at stats, I would hazard a guess that when we do this our results are far better.

Brew - you are slowly winning me over in terms of the signings you are at least trying to make and the fact that you will look wherever it takes to bring the right players to TCS ..... now lets work on tactics ..... starting with consigning this long ball **** to the dustbin !!!

:rotflmao: couldnt agree more!

We played some really nice passing football last night ... in the second half when Esson was passing and throwing the ball out of his box rather than hoofing it down the pitch as Fraser seems to do just now.

Perhaps part of the reason for this long ball cr@p is down to Fraser not being confident in passing the ball out ?!?!

We played some really nice passing football last night ... in the second half when Esson was passing and throwing the ball out of his box rather than hoofing it down the pitch as Fraser seems to do just now.

Perhaps part of the reason for this long ball cr@p is down to Fraser not being confident in passing the ball out ?!?!

Have you seen Grant Munro recently?

OK, enough already. I think "Mental Caley Fan" has explained exactly what the comparison was and has done it quite clearly. If you want to continue along this line, do it somewhere else.

DAN Wagaluka is determined to secure his career-dream move to Scottish Premiership side Inverness Caledonian Thistle this week.

The diminutive midfielder had a work out with the club?s reserve team last Thursday during which he impressed with his huge work ethic and movement, on and off the ball.

Wagaluka, a star of former Super Division soccer League champions Uganda Revenue Authority (URA), is expected to have his second trial match today when an Iverness select team hosts Liverpool?s reserve side in a testimonial game.

?I enjoyed my first game last week. After the game, everybody around me liked what I had done,? Wagaluka told The New Vision on phone yesterday.

?I hope to impress in my second match today and hopefully that will convince the technical staff that I am worth a contract.?

Scottish publications had earlier stated that Iverness had shown willingness to pay his club?URA?a nominal transfer fee to complete the deal.

If Wagaluka excels in his trials, he will just like his Cranes teammate David Obua, have to rely on the appeals procedure to secure a work permit.

Aside from playing over 75% of Uganda?s matches, Wagaluka has also impressed against Africa giants such as Nigeria and Angola.

Wagaluka will become the second Ugandan in the SPL after former national coach Csaba Laszlo signed left-winger David Obua at Hearts.

1219007090waga.jpg

Dan Wagaluka

SC Villa

The former Iganga TC and Villa goal merchant has not only given trouble to defenders of other teams in the local league but to international ones too. Nigeria's much-hyped backline, commanded by Everton's Joseph Yobo can attest to how deadly this boy was during 2007. He has attracted several foreign clubs including South African giants Kaiser Chiefs and defending champions Sundowns who are scrambling for his signature

Worth the feckin risk - but this story is the one that convinced me - cant wait to get his name on ma shirt. :rotflmao: :thumb04:

In another development, URA FC winger Dan Wagaluka recently survived deportation for escaping from the team camp.

The Cranes star sneaked out of the team`s residential venue at Gwami Hotel, Morogoro and spent a night on the prowl without the team`s official permission.

This occurred last Wednesday night after URA`s 1-1 draw with Ethiopian side Awassa, a result that sealed their qualification to the quarterfinals.

The team`s disciplinary committee comprising of Nixion Twebaze, Bernard Bainaman, Sam Okabu, Henry Mateku and head coach Moses Basena met to consider punishment for Wagaluka.

Sam Mubiru, Johnson Bagole, Alex Isabirye and Manco Kaweesa represented the players. Most of the officials advocated for the player`s deportation, but the players pushed for a more lenient punishment.

The committee finally ruled that Wagaluka makes an apology, which he did in writing.

The decision, however, left some officials unhappy. ?No one is untouchable at this club. We set rules and they should be followed. Why is it that 20 players abide by the rules and only one goes against them,? one official complained.

Another committee member said the decision was taken in the interest of the team.

?We decided to go by the senior players\? request because any action taken out of their favour would disorganise the team,? he said. Wagaluka` reportedly went to a local discotheque called Ze Club.

Last year the same player escaped from the team camp during the tournament in Rwanda.

DAN Wagaluka is determined to secure his career-dream move to Scottish Premiership side Inverness Caledonian Thistle this week.

The diminutive midfielder had a work out with the club?s reserve team last Thursday during which he impressed with his huge work ethic and movement, on and off the ball.

Wagaluka, a star of former Super Division soccer League champions Uganda Revenue Authority (URA), is expected to have his second trial match today when an Iverness select team hosts Liverpool?s reserve side in a testimonial game.

?I enjoyed my first game last week. After the game, everybody around me liked what I had done,? Wagaluka told The New Vision on phone yesterday.

?I hope to impress in my second match today and hopefully that will convince the technical staff that I am worth a contract.?

Scottish publications had earlier stated that Iverness had shown willingness to pay his club?URA?a nominal transfer fee to complete the deal.

If Wagaluka excels in his trials, he will just like his Cranes teammate David Obua, have to rely on the appeals procedure to secure a work permit.

Aside from playing over 75% of Uganda?s matches, Wagaluka has also impressed against Africa giants such as Nigeria and Angola.

Wagaluka will become the second Ugandan in the SPL after former national coach Csaba Laszlo signed left-winger David Obua at Hearts.

1219007090waga.jpg

Dan Wagaluka

SC Villa

The former Iganga TC and Villa goal merchant has not only given trouble to defenders of other teams in the local league but to international ones too. Nigeria's much-hyped backline, commanded by Everton's Joseph Yobo can attest to how deadly this boy was during 2007. He has attracted several foreign clubs including South African giants Kaiser Chiefs and defending champions Sundowns who are scrambling for his signature

Worth the feckin risk - but this story is the one that convinced me - cant wait to get his name on ma shirt. :rotflmao: :thumb04:

In another development, URA FC winger Dan Wagaluka recently survived deportation for escaping from the team camp.

The Cranes star sneaked out of the team`s residential venue at Gwami Hotel, Morogoro and spent a night on the prowl without the team`s official permission.

This occurred last Wednesday night after URA`s 1-1 draw with Ethiopian side Awassa, a result that sealed their qualification to the quarterfinals.

The team`s disciplinary committee comprising of Nixion Twebaze, Bernard Bainaman, Sam Okabu, Henry Mateku and head coach Moses Basena met to consider punishment for Wagaluka.

Sam Mubiru, Johnson Bagole, Alex Isabirye and Manco Kaweesa represented the players. Most of the officials advocated for the player`s deportation, but the players pushed for a more lenient punishment.

The committee finally ruled that Wagaluka makes an apology, which he did in writing.

The decision, however, left some officials unhappy. ?No one is untouchable at this club. We set rules and they should be followed. Why is it that 20 players abide by the rules and only one goes against them,? one official complained.

Another committee member said the decision was taken in the interest of the team.

?We decided to go by the senior players\? request because any action taken out of their favour would disorganise the team,? he said. Wagaluka` reportedly went to a local discotheque called Ze Club.

Last year the same player escaped from the team camp during the tournament in Rwanda.

Daddy Brew ain't gonna like that. Wev'e already got a bad boy!

Because he is black?

Ian Black :018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

I thought that was funny, in a quick-fire stylee. Is po-faced the new black? ;)

Dan looked good for the spell he was on last night, but Brew's reported comment doesn't sound promising. Thank **** we never ran up against a team managed by Snow White when Grey'ead was playing, he'd have gone right to pieces.

Edited by 4ize

Because he is black?

Ian Black ;) :rotflmao: :thumb04:

I thought that was funny, in a quick-fire stylee. Is po-faced the new black? :lol:

Dan looked good for the spell he was on last night, but Brew's reported comment doesn't sound promising. Thank **** we never ran up against a team managed by Snow White when Grey'ead was playing, he'd have gone right to pieces.

Actually - for once, my comments were not directed at the Immortal one :018:

Because he is black?

Ian Black :lol::rotflmao: :thumb04:

I thought that was funny, in a quick-fire stylee. Is po-faced the new black? :015:

Actually - for once, my comments were not directed at the Immortal one :018:

I guess I ran into a hidden post ;)

reading those articles, it sounds like he likes to have some fun at "Ze Club" of an evening ..... but if the other players backed him up it also sounds like he gets on well with them so perhaps he also has a good personality and would soon fit in with the rest of the squad.

I thought this whole story sounded like bull from the start but he seems to have a bit of skill about him so lets hope Brew can make a decision based on the boy's ability rather than height.