FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Champions League Final

Kingsmills

I had a top notch day out yesterday.

We started off down at the Trocadero where the UEFA champions festival had attracted quite a lot of fans, especially of the Barca persuasion.

Had popped down on Saturday before the crowds and the ymip under fives almost managed to knock the champions league trophy off it's plinth. Cue distressed security guard and a shart exit for the ICT crew.

Hung around down there for a bit before heading in to town for a few beers.

There was plenty of supporters knocking about but a far cry from my experiences on Scotland away trips (minimal pi.shing in fountains and zero puking in flowerbeds). Quite a few gooners boozing around chatelet les halles but quite sedate stuff. The Ar.se seem to have quite a high nerd factor with plenty of clueless nic hornby wannabees. Very unlike the likes of chelsea who visited Paris last season with a very different type of crowd.

Strangely enough there was a fair few kilted up "jock gooners". I got the impression the cockernees were none too impressed with the skirted interolpers.

Headed out to the stadium for about sevenish, uplifted our replacement tickets (originals nicked in the post!) and scoofed a few proper beers as we had the foresight to sort out a wee carry-oot thus avoiding the alcohol free rubbish they punt outside the ground.

Got around to the Arsenal side of the ground to find one poor gooner had tried to scale the perimeter fence but had obviously fallen off a ticket office roof and impaled himself on the fencing! It looked quite nasty and there were a lot of police and paramedics trying to dislodge him. He was up there for ages and I haven't hear how he got on.

Spotted ex Senegal boss Bruno Metsu with a stunning young African dollybird and also bumped into Tony Mowbray who was obviously thrown by my "Alright Mogga" shout.

I thought the game itself was decent enough if not a classic. I think the reason that everyone’s commenting on the ref is that the British media have all been mumping about him as the gooners lost. If they’d won nothing would be said.

The gooners in the ground were as dull as the ones we encountered in town. Their response to Campbell's goal was pitiful. I turned around to one clueless beaut behind me and said "I guess that's Almunia coming on" when Lehmann was sent-off and he looked at me blankly and passed me to his equally clueless mate.

The Barça fans were a different kettle of fish and were bouncing the whole time. I was pleasantly surprised as we visited the nou camp on my stagger for the barca - espanyol derby and the atmosphere was pretty dire. I have to say I was well chuffed when Barca got the winner and there was clearly no way back for the Wengerboys.

All in all a very pleasant day/night out.

Tyldesley- what a twat. Russeldinho, sorry I mean Ronaldinho, is lining up a free kick and he compares him to Johnnny Wilkinson :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

And not once at the end did they mention the Arse got a free kick for nowt.

I've got nothing against Arsenal or any other English club but when these twats get going you just root for the oppo.

Now the English national side- that's another story :016: