FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

BENI Display for Celtic game

caley89

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That clinches it to be honest.

C4L has come on here and said he knows he's done wrong, apologised and said he won't sing the songs again, yet EWS still continues to slate him.

You're happy to be vocal on here but not at the stadium. Why? Thats where you're needed.

It seems some of you are only interested in whinging about whatever you can find to whinge about.

Apologies are worthless

Well to be honest EWS, what more can C4L do? Hes apologised and said it wont happen again. What do you want him to say??

tom football is a game of passion, but apparently that is wrong if you are an ICT fan, but club more than happy to to take cash from the old firm. make your minds up ICT

keep the passion , leave the bigotry on the west coast. I was brought up on this bigotory . i am not having young Cairn brought up on it, to see how bad it is you have to live in it,

A chap got his garden paved because the grass was green, that is the type of mind these people have, other people have flung out Tina Turner records be cause simply the best is sung by the other half, ye i know some of dont like Tina either

by saying that I dont condone any sectarian signing by any sets of fans but I do wonder how many are really offended by it or are just caught up by the media hanging on to it for a good story, if you are from my era which I am sure many of you are, were you offended by it in the 70,s or 80,s when the media didnt make a big story about it or are you just grabbed by the media stories, doesnt make it right but you will always get the muppets that chant it and best to just ignore. we should worry about getting an atmosphere at our stadium before worrying about what other fans do

Edited by stevico1

these boys though dont seems to admit they done wrong. they are saying ok mistake move on but it is not that simple. They are not 10 years old they were sectarian filth and should know what they did was wrong instead of thinking that they made some small mistake. they should be banned for life. that is not making an atmosphere it is pure scum, simple as. they seem happy with there actions

by saying that I dont condone any sectarian signing by any sets of fans but I do wonder how many are really offended by it or are just caught up by the media hanging on to it for a good story, if you are from my era which I am sure many of you are, were you offended by it in the 70,s or 80,s when the media didnt make a big story about it or are you just grabbed by the media stories, doesnt make it right but you will always get the muppets that chant it and best to just ignore. we should worry about getting an atmosphere at our stadium before worrying about what other fans do

Ye singing songs gloriyfing terrorism very acceptble lets make up one gloryfieng AL QUEDA

S inging a song gloriyfing the death of a million people (famine song) lets make up one glorfiying the highland clearences , all acceptable they wont offend any one we could even make up one about Lockerbie. Of course these songs offend people

the fact is, yes the song sung were probably inapropriate,

but what you are saying is riciculous, "showing us who the hardmen are"

thats a bit inapropriate,im sure the boys may regret there song choice,and yes the songs sung were caley and anti celtic, but look at you, wanting a "meet " your being rahter inapropriate with that coments

The best post on this thread. A man who was sitting/standing in Section G yet realises these chants were disgraceful to ICT. I sit in Section H but there is a difference in trying to generate an atmosphere and singing bigoted songs. Singing songs like ' the Famine song' is disgraceful. I'm not pro or anti IRA I'm an ICT fan, I hope the boys who sung these songs today are man enough to admit they probably shouldn't have sung these song and don't resort to this low life scum chanting again.

the fact is, yes the song sung were probably inapropriate,

but what you are saying is riciculous, "showing us who the hardmen are"

thats a bit inapropriate,im sure the boys may regret there song choice,and yes the songs sung were caley and anti celtic, but look at you, wanting a "meet " your being rahter inapropriate with that coments

The best post on this thread. A man who was sitting/standing in Section G yet realises these chants were disgraceful to ICT. I sit in Section H but there is a difference in trying to generate an atmosphere and singing bigoted songs. Singing songs like ' the Famine song' is disgraceful. I'm not pro or anti IRA I'm an ICT fan, I hope the boys who sung these songs today are man enough to admit they probably shouldn't have sung these song and don't resort to this low life scum chanting again.

they did and they have apoligised

No room for bigots at TCS! Caley for inverness fans! any people involved in bigotted singing today should be ashamed. even leaving the ground beside the courier building i heard some **** shouting the famine song at celtic fans. Bawbag! Today should have been about a good performance against one of the best teams in the country but we're speaking about a minority of immature bawbags that have to lower themselves to the standard of bigotted twats! Joe is right, i dont condone his asking for a fight but there is no room for bigots at TCS!

Off the bus!

This was a peice of disguting bile. Some fans i know who are caley fans will not be back after this filth. disgusting.

These obviously thick little boys who try and think they are better fans by doing this are stupid and should be banned for life! Trying to sa it was a joke is no exscuse, and they should rightly be banned and never be allowed back in the ground again. these boys are not 8 years old, they know what they were doing and should be thrown out of caley park for life. Even thinking that I am part of a team who have fans like this makes me sick and they should be disgraced by their actions, they knew what they were doing and should face the consequenses. dont come back you bunch of idiots you are not welcome back.

I hadnt read the full thread I didnt realise it was our fans that were signing the sectarian songs, of course there is no place for that at our stadium, the point I was trying to make is it doesnt offend me as it comes from a bunch of mindless morons, they can call me a fenian, a proddy, being over friendly with sheep I dont care,

It summed up to me their mindset last night I was unlucky enough to bump into them in a pub I asked them what they thought of Strachan, there answer was "we hate him" I said but he has won you three titles and taken you to the last sixteen twice, they replied that even if they won champions league final they would still hate him as he is not a "Celtic Man" , this is the mindset of these morons and whatever filth they decide to spout will not offend me I pity them

Guest stratherrick

I do not often post on here but feel I have to comment on situation regarding "Section G" singers at game yesterday.

I sit right beside the section G lot(across stairs near back of section H - FAMILY SECTION!), I have been going to games for 4 years now and go with my 8 year old son and 75 year old dad.

I am normally very supportive of Section G guys, myself, son and dad all think you are good guys, create atmosphere and my 8 year old son likes to copy you and join in. You really do get atmosphere going and the club really needs this.

Yesterday I also took my wife and 6 year old daughter vto their first game and they sitting right behind me >

Thought it was un necessary for stewards to throw out the guy who put up the flag, no problem and no cheek was given, most fans were disgusted by this but we are unable to speak up or we wil be thrown out !

BUT yesterday was very disappointed at Sectarian singing from Section G - this is completely unacceptable and must never be repeated - I think you have caused serious problems for yourselves - if anyone reports this matter to SFA or UEFA we as a club are in very serious trouble.

My son was listening to the songs and asking me what they are about ! There was also abusive language and many swear words at times. Please bear in mind you are sitting directly beside Family Section - I had my whole family there yesterday and the young kids are the fans of the future so please watch the language and please, please no more sectarian singing - you can and will get arrested for this.

Apart from these minor points keep up the good work, lets have a laugh and support the team, all for humour and atmosphere - thought the last 20 minutes were brilliant and we really got behind team led by Section G guys.

Thought it was un necessary for stewards to throw out the guy who put up the flag, no problem and no cheek was given, most fans were disgusted by this but we are unable to speak up or we wil be thrown out !

That was me, and there were a few fans who stood up and shouted at the steward in support of me, so thanks to them. :rotflmao:

Accept the guys apologies, it has been made VERY clear that the clear majority of fans are dead against it, rightly so, but the point has been made loud and clear, so stop flogging a dead horse and move on. What else can these guys do apart from a) apologise and :rotflmao: state they will not do it again.

How about being positive and pro-active from now on and giving these guys material, have a poll on the site beforehand, tell them what you wanna see and hear.

Nobodys perfect, mistakes happen, we learn and we move on. Hopefully that is the case here.

What was that song i used to hear about glasgow slums, bins etc. I always thought that was a good one as we have the most idylllic city in Scotland...

Accept the guys apologies, it has been made VERY clear that the clear majority of fans are dead against it, rightly so, but the point has been made loud and clear, so stop flogging a dead horse and move on. What else can these guys do apart from a) apologise and :rotflmao: state they will not do it again.

How about being positive and pro-active from now on and giving these guys material, have a poll on the site beforehand, tell them what you wanna see and hear.

Nobodys perfect, mistakes happen, we learn and we move on. Hopefully that is the case here.

Agree.

Section G has received much praise on these boards in the past, but clearly overstepped the mark yesterday, and C4L at least has apologised and said it won't happen again.

The fact that you guys are fiercely against it has been noted, and it will not happen again.

Its not easy apologising, and its also not always easy to accept an apology. Is anyone on here big enough to do so?

I am, and I appreciate that in the end you 1) have accepted the points others have made 2)have apologised and 3)said it wont happen again, beyond that there isnt much you can do.

I cant see what else can be gained from any more recriminations here. United we stand, divided we fall. I think everyone is now in unison on this now, and what else can be achieved? A man is his word and nothing more, they have given theirs.

I am, and I appreciate that in the end you 1) have accepted the points others have made 2)have apologised and 3)said it wont happen again, beyond that there isnt much you can do.

I cant see what else can be gained from any more recriminations here. United we stand, divided we fall. I think everyone is now in unison on this now, and what else can be achieved? A man is his word and nothing more, they have given theirs.

Im not in unison with people singing and displaying flags like they did yesterday im afraid.

roscoe. You are deliberately ignoring the point in order to be judge jury and executioner. They have apologised, accepted you and others were right to have complained, have said it was a mistake, have promised to never do it again.

What else is it you want them to do apart from the above? Be reasonable. I know your concern comes from the right place, the welfare of ICT, however further chastising wont achieve anything else unless there is something specific you want them to do?

Myself and Caley4Life wish to offer an unreserved apology for our actions yesterday.

We were a wee bit naive as to how the "Big Jock Knew We Won 3-2" flag would be viewed by other fans and just got caught up in the excitement of the occasion. We're not offering that as an excuse, as we realise we have done wrong.

We realise what we did was completely unacceptable, and offer our sincere aplogies and the promise that nothing of the sort will ever happen again. We do not wish to comment further on this matter.

Edited by TomCaleyJag

We have all done things in our teenage years that we regret, it was stupid but they have said they are sorry. I would be against any bans but a stern warning that if it is repeated they will be banned from the stadium, I think that that should be enough.

Sorry guys but there has been campaign after campaign, not all of which can have escaped your attention, trying to bring an end to this bile. Your apology is as worth while as that goalkeeper down south, I am sure he knew he was doing wrong when he stepped into the car drunk and I am sure he is sorry for the outcome, you should save your apologies for the relevant authorities when they come knocking. The only way to end this idiocy is to have the idiots punished, we would say the same if it was Rangers or Celtic fans chanting it to us.

FYIBirdog. The message has been received loud and clear, and what you are doing is effectively the same as picking a scab. Keep on hounding them, ignoring their best attempts for redemption and see how far it gets us. Stevico has summed it up nicely, a nice conclusion.

If you are so intent on hanging them out to dry then you know what to do and who to call.

Unfortunately, this striking Highland setting was not free of the sights which sully Scottish football generally. Stewards had to take down a banner in the home end before kick-off, which read ?Big Jock Knew, We Won 3-2?. While the second part was a harmless reference to last season?s victory for Inverness here, the first is a vile slur on Jock Stein, implying he ignored child sex abuse within Celtic Boys Club. It was doubly despicable because this was the day upon which Scottish football mourned the passing of Eddie Thompson, Dundee United?s chairman, after a long battle with cancer. At least the minute?s applause in his honour was impeccable

Taken from the Sunday Times , well done lads not only have you embarassed yourselves but you've also brought great shame on the club you purport to support :rotflmao: