FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

BENI Display for Celtic game

caley89

myself and tomcaleyjag have decided that BENI should do some sort of display for the celtic game. we are both working on a banner that we will display pre-match and at half time. we were also wondering wether you were up for either a balloon or streamer display before kick-off? or wether you would rather just wave flags and banners?

we would also like to encourage fans young and old to purchase their own flags in which they can take to all home games and wave pre-match, when we score and half time. a site which we have already used numerous times and sell high quality flags is www.1000flags.co.uk. they sell there flags for ?5 each with free postage. how do you feel about that?

all new ideas for the display are welcome!! and i hope you're all enthusiastic about a potential big display as we are!!

p.s. if the moderators want to switch this to the BENI forum that'ts cool. i just put it here so more people will notice it!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been suggested that a link is put up to the specific flag we reccomend...

http://www.1000flags.co.uk/#1113X2374 <--- A Red/Blue check flag, only ?5 inc. P&P

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Red-and-Royal-Blue-C...id=p3286.c0.m14 <---- Same red/blue check flag, but on ebay, only ?4.50 inc. P&P

If anyone is worried about buying the flags online, I can get them for you, then exchange them for cash on the day of the game. If anyone is interested in that they can PM me to make arrangements.

I can also offer poles to wave the flags about with (I've checked with the Stewards and they've deemed them acceptable :lol: ), free of charge as an extra incentive to get involved. You'll have to let me know that you've purchased a flag beforehand though :018:

Lets make this the best atmosphere TCS has ever seen ;) :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Edited by TomCaleyJag

Might even dust out my old flag. Its not seen the light of day for a good while.

Go for it :rotflmao:

There's been a few topics started about the drop in support from Section G in the past couple of months, me and C4L have taken note and are now making a real effort for this one. We now need everyone else to do the same.

Chris123 & Roscoe23 - will you guys be buying flags for the game then? Just to make it clear, you can...

A - Buy them from 1000FLAGUK's ebay for ?4.50 inc. P&P

B - Buy them direct from 1000FLAGS.co.uk for ?5 inc. P&P

C - Ask me to buy them from the internet for you, then buy them from me for ?4.50 on the day of the game.

Which ever option you choose, you can come up to Section G before the match and I'll give you a pole for the flag (yours to keep for ever :rotflmao:) for free.

Edited by TomCaleyJag

Doesn't mean to say they shouldn't give it a go and it certainly doesn't mean they will look "pathetic".

It's attitudes such as that which serve to kill the little atmosphere that is generated. If it's not for you then don't worry about it and concentrate on watching the game instead of worrying about what others do.

we've been in the SPL long enough now and still have the quietest home support there is .A few kids waving little flags will not make a difference IMHO.

DalneighCaley if your not interested in generating an atmosphere at TCS, thats fine - no one is forcing you. If you want to sit there rustling your sweetie wrappers and be a miserable old fart thats your choice mate.

Maybe it wouldn't only be "a few kids" if people like you made an effort.

There are far too many people like you around TCS at the moment - happy to complain about the lack of atmosphere but unwilling to even make the tiniest bit of effort to change it. And as if that isn't enough, you come on here and criticise those who are making an effort. :rotflmao:

Edited by TomCaleyJag

whatever your problem is DC, that's your problem. no-one really cares because your in th minority!!! but lets not get off topic!

CaleyD you into it? or what about caley100, alex macleod, theman4thejob, gringojnr or any other section G regulars are you up for it??

i think there's alot of other youngsters who would be up for it but are not on th forum. do you think it would be possible to put somthing into the matchday programme or even the courier to inform them about future BENI displays or the "purchase your own flag" idea??

Edited by caley4life

Rather than rely on everyone in the stand or area doing something like a card display why not have a display that a few people can put together, like streamers or buy some flags and distribute them around? If you try something like a big card display first off it might fall flat, as said above small acorns, big oaks.

Rather than rely on everyone in the stand or area doing something like a card display why not have a display that a few people can put together, like streamers or buy some flags and distribute them around? If you try something like a big card display first off it might fall flat, as said above small acorns, big oaks.

we're not plannin on doing a card display. we're just tryin to get people to bring flags to th game. streamer and balloon idea is good one though (Y) even if we were to use afew loo rolls, same effect really :rotflmao:

you fancy joining in :lol:;) just like the good old days at hampden except a little smaller! you could get your side of the stand going ;)

We got a good round of banter with Alan Combe going on Saturday. "Alan....ALAN......ALAN!" :018: There's a few "loud" folk in front of me who I am sure will help with a bit of a sing song. Though on the whole I am more reserved at Home games having retired my drum a couple of seasons ago. Think you might play with one of them actually but not too sure. I split my finger open on it at the Motherwell Cup game about 3 seasons back :thumb04:

Would streamers not be a bit too similar to toilet roll in thaty throwing them would count as throwing a missle? :rotflmao: And flags get banned because of their lethel pointy stick unless you just take it in minus the pole?

all i can say is taht we need as many people in section g for the celtic game so all the tims dont sit there this time like the 3-2 win last time :rotflmao:

if we can fill the g-spot i will be happy and the same banter/signing as last time we played the tims ~

Sounds great guys - you go for it. Just one point for the Celtic game, can you make sure if you don't have a season ticket for section G that you change seats for this game and if you don't have a season ticket you buy your tickets soon to ensure that you can all sit together. Remember the increase in crowd will mean people having tickets for these seats so to avoid any problems sort it out as soon as possible.

If you want to do these things in the future give me a shout and we can see if the Supporters' Trust can help out in any way, even if it was just to do the bulk ordering of the flags etc to sell on to all interested. We will try to help where we can.

quote name='L_G' date='Oct 1 2008, 09:31 AM' post='137874']

If you want to do these things in the future give me a shout and we can see if the Supporters' Trust can help out in any way, even if it was just to do the bulk ordering of the flags etc to sell on to all interested. We will try to help where we can.

Thanks for the support L_G :rotflmao:

and RiG me & C4L have checked with the stewards at TCS who have assured us that the poles we are planning to use are acceptable under SPL Stadium Rules :thumb04:

how are you getting on with your banner for the celtic game

While I realise this question was directed at C4L, the banner is a joint effort so I feel able to report on it :018: ...

The material we're using has been ordered and should arrive in the next couple of days. Me and C4L have set aside next Tuesday to actually make it.