FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

BENI Display for Celtic game

caley89

RiG me & C4L have checked with the stewards at TCS who have assured us that the poles we are planning to use are acceptable under SPL Stadium Rules :thumb04:

That's bizarre that they allow some flags in due to their poles but not others :rotflmao:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a wee word of advice about the flags. You'll most likely not get your flags in on a pole, it's against the SFA Ground Regulations. Some grounds enforce it, some don't. As far as I'm aware the policy at the TCS is not to allow flagpoles into the ground.

You're definitely heading in the right direction though lads, keep up the good work! :rotflmao:

****Edit****

Just read that you've checked with the Stewards RE the flags. I know that some types are allowed in and some aren't, hopefully they've given you the right advice!

Edited by Onward and Upward

Just a wee word of advice about the flags. You'll most likely not get your flags in on a pole, it's against the SFA Ground Regulations. Some grounds enforce it, some don't. As far as I'm aware the policy at the TCS is not to allow flagpoles into the ground.

You're definitely heading in the right direction though lads, keep up the good work! :thumb04:

****Edit****

Just read that you've checked with the Stewards RE the flags. I know that some types are allowed in and some aren't, hopefully they've given you the right advice!

We have been stopped in the past from getting in with poles for the flags, but after checking with the stewards earlier this season, both me and C4L have gotten into matches this season with the poles. I've done it once, and the pole was checked by a steward at the turnstile, who approved it. I then checked with a Steward inside who said that it wasn't a problem.

RiG, it does seem that they allow some poles but not others, I agree a tad bizarre :rotflmao: But its possible that they've reviewed the rules recently and are now letting folk in.

All I know is the poles we have have been approved by the stewards, and both of us have gotten into TCS with one, no problems :018:

Whats the problem chris123? All I've done is ask how the boys are getting on with making their banner.

After telling them not to bother and that they would embaress themselves.

Indeed.

You really should read whats been posted. I said it would be embarassing if only a few turned up with flags after publicly announcing a "display". I'm all for big banners like the ones the Red Ultras have for example.

Whats the problem chris123? All I've done is ask how the boys are getting on with making their banner.

Indeed.

You really should read whats been posted. I said it would be embarassing if only a few turned up with flags after publicly announcing a "display". I'm all for big banners like the ones the Red Ultras have for example.

I read what you posted. You told them not to bother and that they would embaress themselves. And the Red Ultras very rarely have more than 4 or 5 flags at games.

Indeed.

Perhaps you should take your own advice. Read whats been posted. We haven't publicly announced there will be a display. We have stated our belief that it would be a good idea to have one, and suggested some possible means of achieving it.

enocuraging to see more people getting into it :rotflmao:

that's a good point L_G made about switching seats for the game into section G!! even if some people were to move to section F then they could start somthing there. let's just say they could start "spreading the gospel" :thumb04:

Can't actually remember how big my flag or what it says! How bad is that! It is actually Dores boy's flag, but i've been looking after it for years. It got too heavy for him when he started getting old, and i agreed to take it round as many pubs and grounds as possible. Managed to get it up at Parkhead -(something not many of you can say :rotflmao: )

Then as i got too old, i passed it onto the young boys i take to home games and they had responsablility for it. They always put it up on the uncovered section of the main stand closest to the North stand, but stopped taking it when one of the ropes ripped off, meaning it couldn't be tied securely.

Think it says ICT Super Caley or something like that. I'm sure someone will have a pic of it.

I always fancied trying it as one of these surfing flags when it's passed over the crowd from one end of the north stand to the other, but never had the balls to try it! - Maybe on sunday. If one of you fancies it make yourself known to me and knock yourselves out.

Can't actually remember how big my flag or what it says! How bad is that! It is actually Dores boy's flag, but i've been looking after it for years. It got too heavy for him when he started getting old, and i agreed to take it round as many pubs and grounds as possible. Managed to get it up at Parkhead -(something not many of you can say :015: )

Then as i got too old, i passed it onto the young boys i take to home games and they had responsablility for it. They always put it up on the uncovered section of the main stand closest to the North stand, but stopped taking it when one of the ropes ripped off, meaning it couldn't be tied securely.

Think it says ICT Super Caley or something like that. I'm sure someone will have a pic of it.

I always fancied trying it as one of these surfing flags when it's passed over the crowd from one end of the north stand to the other, but never had the balls to try it! - Maybe on sunday. If one of you fancies it make yourself known to me and knock yourselves out.

:lol::rotflmao: :thumb04:

I Would be up for it but unfortunately i'm gonna have to settle for watching the game in a pub in Gran Canaria ;)

Hope it works out though lads :018:

Surely if the stewards were to eject Poles with flags from the stadium then that would be a racism issue for which the steward could then be arrested ? :018:

:rotflmao:

Regarding getting in with the poles, If you've gotten n with that type previously, then hopefully there should be no problems this time. If they do challenge it you can always fall back on the fact that you've been in with them before.

Best of luck with this lads, kudos to you all for trying to inject a bit of passion back into the TCS!

:thumb04:

Indeed.

Perhaps you should take your own advice. Read whats been posted. We haven't publicly announced there will be a display. We have stated our belief that it would be a good idea to have one, and suggested some possible means of achieving it.

But you have publicly announced there will be a display. OP states that the pair of you have decided BENI will be doing a display for the Celtic game.

Indeed.

But you have publicly announced there will be a display. OP states that the pair of you have decided BENI will be doing a display for the Celtic game.

DALNEIGHCALEY, do you really need to nit-pick on what the young supporters of this club are trying to achieve. They put a lot of effort into trying to organise themselves and dont need to be put of by constant negativity.

I'll be in main stand for game so cant join in with you guys but however you go about it remember to be seen to be acting in a responsible manner and show the club that creating an atmosphere is done in good behaviour. The more they see of jollity and the less of confrontation can only bode well for the future.

Can't actually remember how big my flag or what it says! How bad is that! It is actually Dores boy's flag, but i've been looking after it for years. It got too heavy for him when he started getting old, and i agreed to take it round as many pubs and grounds as possible. Managed to get it up at Parkhead -(something not many of you can say :rotflmao: )

It is a brilliant flag. I remember waiting outside Firhill before the 2002 Scottish cup quarter final and seeing a load of fans coming round the corner with it, looked great.

Edited by ictchris

i was hoping to get up for the game and was even getting a lift on the local celtic bus but the Mrs is poorly so i might not make it now,

the bad news is she's got an infection in her voice box

the good news is she's not to SPEAK for five days.............. :rotflmao:

if i do make it what's the chances of getting a ticket?

i am well into the flags

lets get the atmosphere going

• 2 weeks later...

How u's getting on with it?

The material for the banner has arrived, we will be adding the words at some point this week.

Only three flags have been bought for the match to our knowledge. Bronson's offer to supply his flag for the game should be a great help though.

And Bronson if you're reading this C4L tells me he has PM'd you regarding the flag, so check your inbox if you haven't got back to him yet please :rotflmao: