Experienced forward required in January

Westhillman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We certainly miss Bayne.

You know things must be bad when your hear folk say that :rotflmao:

I don't think Bayne is any better or worse than the strikers we have now. He isn't exactly setting the 1st Division on fire. I think him and Hart are more at there level where they are now. Let's just hope we won't be jouing them next season

The club lost 3 experience forwards in one go, Bayne, Niculae and Wyness.

These have been replaced by 2 strikers without SPL experience, I am not blaming the club for not taking in a experienced striker as I am not sure how easy it is to pick one up, however I do think that they should have at least tired to hang onto one of the 3 that left to assist the young ones. I also think that Brew might have thought, due to his comments in pre season that Rory might have had more of an impact this season.

I think this is going to difficult to rectify in the transfer window

Edited by stevico1

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

We miss Bayne and we miss Richie Hart.

As soon as Richie stood up to Brewster and questioned his training methods it was bye bye Richie.

i also think that what happend at rockness may of had something to do with it

I don't think Bayne is any better or worse than the strikers we have now.

I was never the biggest Graham Bayne fan but i'd take issue with that comment. We've really missed his experience this season and if he was in our squad he'd be starting more often than not. When Brewster let Bayne go, did he realise that we would go into the new season with such an inexperienced group of strikers? I'm inclined to believe that even Brewster wouldn't have made such a strange decision and that the budget for playing staff was reduced shortly before the start of the season as a result of the Niculae debacle.

Bayne and Hart were never good enough.

Richie was a very usefull sub to bring on and change a game , to say he was never good enough is complete tosh.

Call it as you please, Hart would have one very good preformance (1-1 at Ibrox springs to mind) then follow it up with a couple of stonkers. Never had the consistency, a crucial factor for a top level footballer.

Bayne was a big lad and he ran about a lot. Don't get me wrong, I never doubted his passion and commitment, but in terms of technical ability, he was nowhere near SPL standard.

I say again, neither were good enough.

Richie was a very usefull sub to bring on and change a game , to say he was never good enough is complete tosh.

Call it as you please, Hart would have one very good preformance (1-1 at Ibrox springs to mind) then follow it up with a couple of stonkers. Never had the consistency, a crucial factor for a top level footballer.

Bayne was a big lad and he ran about a lot. Don't get me wrong, I never doubted his passion and commitment, but in terms of technical ability, he was nowhere near SPL standard.

I say again, neither were good enough.

Hart I will step into defend. He was experienced, he knew the team inside out, an inconsistency that when you look at it is very small and not worth getting rid off, and great to have handy as a sub (though I don't think any player would want to hear that :thumb04: )

Bayne.... hmmmmmm. He would be easy to defend but I wasn't the biggest fan TBH. He did this a lot :rotflmao: but usually with no end product.

I liked Hart, mostly because he was the kind of player who got the ball, stuck his head down and just made for goal. Granted he didn't always make it that far, and wasn't renowned for hitting the target, but I appreciated his style and when chasing a game that's the kind of player you want in place of those who generally look for the easier pass so they didn't end up as the one with egg on their face.

Carlisle's Danny Carlton - on the grounds that we probably could afford him, he's not getting a game and is already out on a short loan spell, and he can jump. 6-month contract to buy out if he wanted to come.

Richie was someone who could change a game for you, and we let him go. Keogh, when fit, could change a game for you (and by the way, what are we doing with players on the training pitch that ends up with the likes of Liam and Markus out for a season?) - good luck to him at Borough Briggs. Dargo and Wyness sounded like they changed the game for St. Mirren on Saturday, and I believe Bayne had a wee bit of an impact for the Pars. I think there's a guy called John Rankin doing fairly well at Hibs, too.

Who let these people go?

A certain Bryan Prunty got a hat trick at the weekend - in the second division, where Barrowman finally made his reputation, having failed to make an impact in the SPL.

The future is...

Edited by 4ize

I agree. If Bayne was never good enough he wouldn't have got supporters player of the year in 2006/07 and if Hart was the same he would never have lasted 6 years at Caley Thistle. Both were 2 players who unfortunately never quite did as well as they were certainly capable of. If i had my way both would still be here.

Also i noticed Patrick Kluiverts available on a free :rotflmao:

Edited by ajsict92

Bayne was a hard grafter a while never prolific had a habit of nicking important goals. Fair enough, not everything went his way but he improved a great deal from when he joined to when he left and be the type of player to help any of our other strikers get goals themselves.

Hart was the type who would always have a go. The type to take a gamble. You need someone with that in the squad. We've become very shot shy of late.

Irregardless theyre both away now and we have to look forward. Starting with a new forward in January. Preferrably with pace and strength (an all round natural finisher wouldnt be bad to but to get all three attribute and it'd be Torres and he's unlikely to move. location factor etc :rotflmao: ) Even if he couldnt finish pace always opens things up which creates chances for the other players.

The club lost 3 experience forwards in one go, Bayne, Niculae and Wyness.

These have been replaced by 2 strikers without SPL experience, I am not blaming the club for not taking in a experienced striker as I am not sure how easy it is to pick one up, however I do think that they should have at least tired to hang onto one of the 3 that left to assist the young ones. I also think that Brew might have thought, due to his comments in pre season that Rory might have had more of an impact this season.

I think this is going to difficult to rectify in the transfer window

Great post - great feckin source. :rotflmao:

Richie Foran is keen to move north again. Was a very good player for Motherwell and is only playing on loan for Darlington...i think he would defnitely be worth considering.

I think could be worth a punt also - he has just had his loan spell at Darlington extended - maybe Southend will let him go for a small fee....

Richie Foran

There is also Keigan Parker at Huddersfield Town....?

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

why dont we do something ridiculous like raid a team like county or saint johnstone for a player and try and give them Rory as part of the deal...

making sure we can steal him back if it turns out that he is actually quite good at football.

I agree that Keigan Parker would be a good addition to our squad. He is the sort of player we need up front, bit of speed and movement and he also hits a ferocious shot. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Caley shirt come January.