Experienced forward required in January

Westhillman

Guest kennethhenry

Despite some promising dealings in the transfer market the matter of bringing in an experienced striker still needs to be addressed.

No matter how much Brewster tinkers with the rest of the squad we will still be in serious trouble unless we can secure a proven goalscorer.

You'd need one that will hit 30 a season unless the defence gets sorted. We were always pretty solid at the back and we won games because we could shut the opposition out and nick goals here and there. We can still score goals, but our defence is rotten now. Get the defence sorted and we will get back up the table a bit. Certainly would get us out of trouble. Look at the teams around us, all of them have poor defences at the moment.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite some promising dealings in the transfer market the matter of bringing in an experienced striker still needs to be addressed.

No matter how much Brewster tinkers with the rest of the squad we will still be in serious trouble unless we can secure a proven goalscorer.

You'd need one that will hit 30 a season unless the defence gets sorted. We were always pretty solid at the back and we won games because we could shut the opposition out and nick goals here and there. We can still score goals, but our defence is rotten now. Get the defence sorted and we will get back up the table a bit. Certainly would get us out of trouble. Look at the teams around us, all of them have poor defences at the moment.

I am fairly sure that we have brought in all the players of a defensive nature that we are going to, so hopefully the new additions will take care of that.

It doesnt matter if we like it or not we are in a relegation battle and thats when we need experienced players and we dont have that up front, not only to score goals but to hold the ball up and link the play with midfield, some of the stikers we have may have the potential to do this but its going to be a real battle down there and its asking to much for players of their experience to do it alone. This is a big problem as I am sure the club realise we need this but it aint easy to find one.

I am fairly sure that we have brought in all the players of a defensive nature that we are going to, so hopefully the new additions will take care of that.

It doesnt matter if we like it or not we are in a relegation battle and thats when we need experienced players and we dont have that up front, not only to score goals but to hold the ball up and link the play with midfield, some of the stikers we have may have the potential to do this but its going to be a real battle down there and its asking to much for players of their experience to do it alone. This is a big problem as I am sure the club realise we need this but it aint easy to find one.

I agree entirely.

He is yet to score for St Johnstone this season so despite being impressed by his overall play last night i would have to say no. What about Pat Clarke at Clyde? He has bagged 11 goals this season despite the fact that Clyde hover just over the relegation zone.

Barrowman was even more prolific at lower league level ! What we need is someone with SPL experience.

Only reason Barrowman was scoring goals in the 2nd Division, (not 1st which he was terrible in) is because he had a strike partner and some decent service. I really don't see us signing another SPL striker unless he is never playing or its Robbie Winters. So all i can suggest is the best the lower leagues have to offer.

Heard that Brewster ruled out a move for Sean Higgins today.

Here's one http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2009/01...86908-21057940/ Could be the answer to some of our problems. We know he'll be fit but maybe a bit rusty but could certainly bring the youngsters into the games a bit more. 6 month contract with an option for more and there is no fee due for him either. What do you think?

What a load of crap.... If it was true and he's as fit as he says he is, why didn't he put himself on the bench for his last few games in charge?

Maybe a little bit of **** stirring I must admit but what have we been crying out for all season? A Striker able to hold up the ball long enough to bring others into play. Obviously not going to happen but everyone has been crying out for more experience in the team especially our forward line.

Maybe a little bit of **** stirring I must admit but what have we been crying out for all season? A Striker able to hold up the ball long enough to bring others into play. Obviously not going to happen but everyone has been crying out for more experience in the team especially our forward line.

Brewsters shoulder is knackered, as far as I understand he's been told that to play competitive football with such a injury would be really risky, he was offered a operation.

But I guess either: one of those that carrys a high chance of failing and making matters worse

or he didn't want to be off to recover when managing us.

Thats why he never pulled on a ICT shirt of late .. Perhaps now he's jobless and desperate to stay in Football he is willing to risk it in a lower division or he's planning the operation. He however is not fit for SPL football, and much as I'm sure he wanted to pull on a Caley shirt he and the club medical team knew this and thats why didn't happen.

Edited by kiltarlity

Rory has left the club by mutual consent according to article on official site

Official Site Article

Good luck to him wherever he ends up - you never know we may see him back at the stadium with the away team one day soon.

Has another striker been identified yet I wonder....any of those potential managers strikers....?

Damn one of them is - well here we go again.... :rotflmao:

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

Rory has left the club by mutual consent according to article on official site

Official Site Article

Good luck to him wherever he ends up - you never know we may see him back at the stadium with the away team one day soon.

Has another striker been identified yet I wonder....any of those potential managers strikers....?

Damn one of them is - well here we go again.... :rotflmao:

rory

do keep up :thumb04:

Maybe Chris Sutton would be that man.

he probably could do a job for us short term,but like brewster didnt he have to give up due to injury?. hasnt sutton got some eye injury

eye he's finished :rotflmao:

saying that i think martin o,neil has been touting sutton for the job, so there obviously good firends,maybe villa have a reserve striker we could loan for the season Edited by blackieforce